+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Necrolocks: 3 Mage Bugs Hurting Your DPS

Prophet of Telara

Default Necrolocks: 3 Mage Bugs Hurting Your DPS

http://bluedots.org/2011/08/19/necro...ting-your-dps/

1) Flesh Rot.

Flesh Rot’s tooltip reads as follows: “Increases the duration of your Necrosis by 6 seconds and increases its total damage by 60%.” TOTAL DAMAGE. This isn’t what Flesh Rot actually does–rather, it is currently only increasing the base damage of Necrosis, meaning the 60% damage bonus is not being applied to your spell power at all. Compare this to Imp. Life Leech which actually works as described–only increases the base damage.

2) Defile.

The last tick of defile NEVER hits. This wastes charge, significantly drops its DPS, and kills its spell power scalability. Not much else to say here.

3) Life Leech.

The first tick of a Life Leech that has been refreshed due to Lingering Pain (i.e. Void Bolt spam) cannot crit. Given that Life Leech is refreshed so often this absolutely destroys its critical hit rate.

In 1.2 I discovered that archon’s Rising Vengeance wasn’t being applied to Burning Purpose. I made a thread about it, many people made an in-game bug report, and it was subsequently fixed the following patch despite being a relatively minor issue.

Meanwhile, the above bugs have been around forever. It is my hope that those who read this will take a few moments to copy/paste everything above the *** into an in game bug report, and get TRION to finally fix these issues.
    Last edited by Kazzin; 08-18-2011 at 11:37 PM.

done, good find
    it's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society

Done as soon as I log in.

Rift Disciple

Bug reported also. Is it worth changing the spec for necro plague bolt instead of life leech till these are fixed?

Rift Disciple

I don't raid so was thinking of this http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...zkzs.xe0hzVVxz

Prophet of Telara

Kaco you want neddra's torture more so if not raiding. When raiding only one necrolock needs it but for soloing/5man groups you'll want it

Telaran

I don't know if you meant to post that tree, it still has life rot, and points in improved plague bolt a terribad skill over void bolt.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTrickle View Post
    Kaco you want neddra's torture more so if not raiding. When raiding only one necrolock needs it but for soloing/5man groups you'll want it
    You don't want it in a raid enviornment at all, the archon puts down a 5min debuf and your dps goes up if you stop putting it in your rotation.
    Last edited by ZykeZero; 08-19-2011 at 06:26 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ZykeZero View Post
    I don't know if you meant to post that tree, it still has life rot, and points in improved plague bolt a terribad skill over void bolt.
    Yeah thats what I wanted to know. And flesh rot (i assume this is what u meant by life rot?) still increases duration of it right?

Thanks all for the info.
    Last edited by kaco; 08-19-2011 at 06:30 AM.

Another bug is that when the Zelot's blood spike consumes a deathly calling it is not actualy reducing its cooldown. With the talent it should be a two second reduction going from 7 to 5 seconds if I remember correctly, but it is not working last I checked.

Ascendant

You don't want it in a raid enviornment at all, the archon puts down a 5min debuf and your dps goes up if you stop putting it in your rotation.
    It stacks with the Archon defbuff. It doesn't, however, stack with Censure and Imp. Soul Drain (which is a much better debuff to begin with) so you still don't want to use it in a raid -- just not for the reason you said.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

Telaran

I was under the impression that it didn't stack with archon.

I've definitely had issues where Soul drain would remove my archon buffs though. But I may be thinking of a different skill, so ignore this part of the post until I come back with more proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Turrant View Post
    Another bug is that when the Zelot's blood spike consumes a deathly calling it is not actualy reducing its cooldown. With the talent it should be a two second reduction going from 7 to 5 seconds if I remember correctly, but it is not working last I checked.
    I tested this again today, still has that bug. If anyone else could double check this for me in case I somehow messed up with my seris of tests I would be most grateful.

Ascendant

I was under the impression that it didn't stack with archon.

I've definitely had issues where Soul drain would remove my archon buffs though. But I may be thinking of a different skill, so ignore this part of the post until I come back with more proof.
    Bard Coda, Crumbling Resistance, and Spiritual Deficiency share the same debuff "slot". They all provide 7% magic damage.

Censure, Clinging Spirit, and Neddra's Torture all share a second debuff "slot". Torture and Censure are 3%, Clinging Spirit is 7%. I have no idea why there's such a big disparity in the debuffs, but it is what it is.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    Bard Coda, Crumbling Resistance, and Spiritual Deficiency share the same debuff "slot". They all provide 7% magic damage.

Censure, Clinging Spirit, and Neddra's Torture all share a second debuff "slot". Torture and Censure are 3%, Clinging Spirit is 7%. I have no idea why there's such a big disparity in the debuffs, but it is what it is.
    So that would make Neddre's Torture not just a waste of a GCD, but an actual DPS loss in a raid setting? (assuming Soul Drain is kept up)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast