+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Necromancer: Clattering Bones vs Vengeful Spirit - please educate me

Rift Disciple

Default Necromancer: Clattering Bones vs Vengeful Spirit - please educate me

Hello Fellow Riftes,

I have my NecoroLock with my Zealot pet and was wondering what your thoughts are on each of the abilities listed above. I have tried both but cant distinguish a difference in play yet. Please educate me on which would work better in your opinion.

Thanks in advance,

G

Clattering Bones upgrades Zealot and Tank pets.
    Vengeful Spirit upgrades the Shadow Reverent.
    I like the Reverent more, but I think the zealot does more single target damage. I just talent for the reverent, but I'm sure the elitists will get mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gueneveve View Post
    Hello Fellow Riftes,

I have my NecoroLock with my Zealot pet and was wondering what your thoughts are on each of the abilities listed above. I have tried both but cant distinguish a difference in play yet. Please educate me on which would work better in your opinion.

Thanks in advance,

G
    Clattering Bones will affect the Zealot/Knight and Vengeful Spirit is for the Revenant Pet...and to see anything out of Vengeful Spirit, you need stacks of Deathly Calling on the target.

Clattering Bones: your pet’s bone shatter ability now reduces the pet’s incoming damage by 6% per enemy hit. Improves the critical strike damage of your pets blood Spike by 150% and increases the cool down reduction by 1.5 seconds.

Vengeful Spirit: increases the number of stacks of dc converted by your pets blood corruption by 3 and gives blood corruption a 100% chance to not consume stacks of DC. Gives your pet’s oblivion a 100% to interrupt spell casting when it hit enemies. Increases the critical hit chance of your pet’s Ruination by 100% if the enemy has DC.
    Last edited by Gnume; 08-18-2011 at 09:55 AM.
    Gnume, Dwarven Mage

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Gnume View Post
    Clattering Bones will affect the Zealot/Knight and Vengeful Spirit is for the Revenant Pet...and to see anything out of Vengeful Spirit, you need stacks of Deathly Calling on the target.

Clattering Bones: your petís bone shatter ability now reduces the petís incoming damage by 6% per enemy hit. Improves the critical strike damage of your pets blood Spike by 150% and increases the cool down reduction by 1.5 seconds.

Vengeful Spirit: increases the number of stacks of dc converted by your pets blood corruption by 3 and gives blood corruption a 100% chance to not consume stacks of DC. Gives your petís oblivion a 100% to interrupt spell casting when it hit enemies. Increases the critical hit chance of your petís Ruination by 100% if the enemy has DC.

As with most people I have specced mine for the Zealot. When (if ever) is the Revenant useful?

I like the ability of Oblivion to interrupt (thinking Isskal's Shard attack) - whats the CD/cast time of Oblivion? Could make for a very useful interrupter!

Rift Chaser

The Revenant has its place in fights that have either extended periods of AOE damage, or require range. I'm seen several fights where melee pets just get destroyed by cleaves or Boss-centered AOE damage.

Telaran

would help on aoe fights by spreading diseases around.

The Clattering Bones Skill makes using the Zealot better as opposed to feasible, whereas the Vengeful Spirit skills are practically required for the Revenant to do anywhere near comparable DPS. Without points in Spirit I'd only use it if I knew my Zealot was going to die in a fight, like the above people say.

With Vengeful the pet gets a nice interrupt and if macro'd right a great AOE damage potential, which can be useful.

Rift Disciple

Hello All,

Ahh, I see they are for different pets. Excellent! Thanks for the quick responses. I will make sure that I spec correctly as I have points in SPIRIT rather than BONES with my Zealot which is obviously incorrect.

Thanks again,

G
    Last edited by Gueneveve; 08-18-2011 at 12:13 PM.

Rift Chaser

An interesting thing to note is that fully upgraded, the Shadow Revenant is fully capable of pulling upwards of 1k dps by itself with good conditions in an aoe based encounter.

These conditions will never, ever happen in reality, so the point is null and void, but it's still a fun thing to know.
    You can't get there from here, Alice.

In case anyone's interested, I came up with a macro (however buggy) to use with the talented Revenant, which basically helps keep it casting its abilities at the correct time and synchs it with Deathly Calling upkeep with Grave Rot for maximum AOE potential:

#show Grave Rot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Grave Rot
    petpassive
    wait 2
    petcast Oblivion
    petpassive
    wait 4
    petcast Blood Corruption
    petcast Ruination
    petdefensive

This series of commands forces the pet to be doing nothing as the macro tells it to cast both its CDs, meaning they cycle regularly if you refresh Grave Rot on its 10 sec cooldown every time. It then breaks the neutral stance at the end to resume casting Ruination.

The cycle with Grave Rot keeps your pet in synch fairly nicely, and after the first cast it'll be doing max damage possible with Oblivion, which is nice. Blood Corruption is currently bugged (or was last time anyone checked) to always apply the max stacks of itself, so macroing it isn't a huge deal, but it keeps it casting on CD pretty much.

Condition to be met are: have Necrosis (and if you like Looming Demise) up on your target so the pet can spread them with Ruination; Pet on Defensive initially (don't mess with the stances during macro); Oblivion and Blood Corruption set to not autocast; and you must always have a target for your pet to direct its Ob and BC at during the macro's cast, otherwise it may fail. Also, have your pet facing the target as sometimes it bugs out and turns its back on the target when it goes passive (passive allows it to not be in the middle of a cast when trying to begin Oblivion (which then fails)). The fact you have to maintain a target is one of the biggest issues with the macro, since when AOEing you'll want to be using D Shadows which often loses you a target, so perhaps you could set up an @focustarget system to make your pet cast at.

This might help you out if you're trying to use the Revenant, since if you don't click its abilities manually it really doesnt work too well using autocast. And if I'm correct this macro should save you having to form a hugely complex rotation - just use Grave Rot on CD with the macro. I have posted this before, but I bring it up in any Revenant discussion since the bugger is so hard to control and this may help some people out.
    Last edited by Benlisted; 08-19-2011 at 01:09 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Benlisted View Post
    In case anyone's interested, I came up with a macro (however buggy) to use with the talented Revenant, which basically helps keep it casting its abilities at the correct time and synchs it with Deathly Calling upkeep with Grave Rot for maximum AOE potential:

#show Grave Rot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Grave Rot
    petpassive
    wait 2
    petcast Oblivion
    petpassive
    wait 4
    petcast Blood Corruption
    petcast Ruination
    petdefensive
    Last I checked, the wait commands didn't work. Did they get fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Kavrae View Post
    Last I checked, the wait commands didn't work. Did they get fixed?
    Alone, no they don't, but combined with petpassive at the same point they work to stop the pet beginning to cast anything else when it's waiting for the last spell to finish casting - since if it's occupied when the macro tells it to do something it will not cast the spells you want it to. It causes an issue where the pet may turn around and not begin to cast the macro'd spells, but if you begin the fight with it facing the right way this shouldnt be an issue.

Rift Chaser

Alone, no they don't, but combined with petpassive at the same point they work to stop the pet beginning to cast anything else when it's waiting for the last spell to finish casting - since if it's occupied when the macro tells it to do something it will not cast the spells you want it to. It causes an issue where the pet may turn around and not begin to cast the macro'd spells, but if you begin the fight with it facing the right way this shouldnt be an issue.
    That seems like a very buggy and half-assed macro system.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavrae View Post
    That seems like a very buggy and half-assed macro system.
    Blame the pet AI and macro system itself, not me. I've given the best macro I can for the Revenant, use it if you like, if not then either go test one out yourself or don't complain about mine :P.

And if you do test one out, good luck cos the pet is a moron to control.

EDIT: and if you weren't intending to complain, my apologies.
    Last edited by Benlisted; 08-19-2011 at 04:37 AM.

Rift Chaser

Blame the pet AI and macro system itself, not me. I've given the best macro I can for the Revenant, use it if you like, if not then either go test one out yourself or don't complain about mine :P.

And if you do test one out, good luck cos the pet is a moron to control.

EDIT: and if you weren't intending to complain, my apologies.
    I'm not complaining about your macro: it's actually pretty good. I'm complaining about the half-assed macro system we have to work with. I had some interesting macros set up for an Archon that got destroyed because the system doesn't work as intended.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast