+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: What has the highest PvE DPS? Pyro/ele, or Necro/lock?

Default What has the highest PvE DPS? Pyro/ele, or Necro/lock?

Anyone know? I want to have gud deeps.

Please link a parse and build.
    Xail - R41 Mage
    Guardian
    <We Are Legend>

Quote Originally Posted by A Mage View Post
    Anyone know? I want to have gud deeps.

Please link a parse and build.
    It's kind of up in the air at the moment as far as a concensus goes. Obviously for more mobile fights necro/lock wins out (defile or split), but i've seen ~2k parses with both specs (nerfmeplease has claimed 2.3k+ as 33/33 necro/lock but hasn't posted any proof), so for stationary fights, it's really a toss up atm. Pyro's rotation is stupid simple so theres less chance of a dps loss due to human error I suppose.

Edit: As far as specific builds, everyone has their own with points in whatever works for them, i'd go look at bluedots site for a baseline and then tweak/test it yourself to fit you.
    Last edited by Guaritor; 08-18-2011 at 09:45 AM.

Plane Touched

Sc/Ele is also very competitive single target dps. Parsed 2k dps on Murdantix last night with it.

Voodoo (US-Defiant, world 1st Akylios) is currently seeking exceptional rogue and mage applicants. Please check our recruitment thread for more information.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaritor View Post
    It's kind of up in the air at the moment as far as a concensus goes. Obviously for more mobile fights necro/lock wins out (defile or split), but i've seen ~2k parses with both specs (nerfmeplease has claimed 2.3k+ as 33/33 necro/lock but hasn't posted any proof), so for stationary fights, it's really a toss up atm. Pyro's rotation is stupid simple so theres less chance of a dps loss due to human error I suppose.

Edit: As far as specific builds, everyone has their own with points in whatever works for them, i'd go look at bluedots site for a baseline and then tweak/test it yourself to fit you.
    If any"ONE" person comes here claiming something noone else has witnessed or been able to achieve themselves without any proof to back it up then they're full of sh*t until proven otherwise.

Prophet of Telara

I always go for mobility and consistency so necrolock for me as it can use majority of abilities on the move and has more consistent dps albeit lower peaks.

Dislike the idea of having to stay in a small circle as pyro (I know its not difficult to recast).

An aside: Just noticed Shhh's sig - awesome.
    Last edited by AlexTrickle; 08-18-2011 at 10:15 AM.

I keep hearing that Pryo/ele scales MUCH better than necro/lock. I'm at 1.6k SP (with the R6 PvP crystal, PS, vial, and powerstone), so would pryo/ele be better for me?
    Xail - R41 Mage
    Guardian
    <We Are Legend>

Quote Originally Posted by Shhhh View Post
    If any"ONE" person comes here claiming something noone else has witnessed or been able to achieve themselves without any proof to back it up then they're full of sh*t until proven otherwise.
    Eh, well, I do recall arianna posting an ~2k (think it was like 1950) necro/lock parse on plute PRE 1.4... so i'm willing to believe higher numbers now, but proof/specs would be nice

Sadly, us mages are too conceited to do that though, unlike the warriors and rogues who have top end people sharing all their info and collaborating to create their best builds. Their forums are much friendlier then ours

Ascendant

I've had the most success with Defile NecLock for Murdantix and Sicaron. I reflect on Matron so I have to play Zoomancer there, but any spec should work since it's essentially tank 'n spank with AE in the middle. Zilas probably favors Defile as well with the target switching and movement.

I prefer 35/31 Purge, but on the fights I get to just DPS, it's hamstrung by encounter mechanics (pushback on Sicaron, movement on Murdantix), so Defile almost always parses better for me in the live fights.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

Rift Disciple

If u can get good at dealin with ground of power pyro/ ele is really rockin for me right now. I'm about to get rid of my sc/ele all together. The long rotation just isn't worth it when I can do more single with pyro and aoe is still very good.

It's close either way. Ultimately which one you choose is a matter of fight mechanics and taste, not so much raw dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkman118 View Post
    If u can get good at dealin with ground of power pyro/ ele is really rockin for me right now. I'm about to get rid of my sc/ele all together. The long rotation just isn't worth it when I can do more single with pyro and aoe is still very good.
    I'm frankly tempted to drop sc/ele myself. The only reason I'm keeping it is for primarily aoe fights, yet pyro is not hugely behind it even for that purpose.

I did 3040 dps on Matron the other night as Sc/Ele. I still can't seem to get pyro/ele to work, I might be doing something wrong. I think I'm going to keep sc/ele for aoe fights still.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaritor View Post
    Eh, well, I do recall arianna posting an ~2k (think it was like 1950) necro/lock parse on plute PRE 1.4... so i'm willing to believe higher numbers now, but proof/specs would be nice

Sadly, us mages are too conceited to do that though, unlike the warriors and rogues who have top end people sharing all their info and collaborating to create their best builds. Their forums are much friendlier then ours
    Conceited isn't quite the right word here.

More like feral and asocial. We have a horrible community (one hesitates to even use the word "community" here)...it's pretty much a Hobbesian war of all against all around here, class solidarity among mages is exceptionally weak.

lgw

Quote Originally Posted by Flaviusx View Post

More like feral and asocial. We have a horrible community (one hesitates to even use the word "community" here)...it's pretty much a Hobbesian war of all against all around here, class solidarity among mages is exceptionally weak.
    Not sharing is more due...
    1) Too many posters rather interested in flaming somebody else than being educated.
    2) A complex game combined with a complex class going beyond most peoples' understanding. Hence they don't grasp certain complexities unless spoonfed, which again leads to 1).

Thus I'm not really all that motivated to dedicate much time into writing something, that's drawing more flame than appreciation.

PS @ OP: Necro/Lock is the most flexile ST spec. Use SC/Ele for AOE nuking, Pyro/Ele for easy play (learning encounters), and Necro/Dom for utility. Also full Chloro for main healing, full Archo for main support and WL/Chl for off-healing.
    Last edited by lgw; 08-18-2011 at 06:01 PM.
    ... aka schoklat. PVP nerd - gaming vet.
    First of slackers, herder of trolls.
    Wildstar PVP inc

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Flaviusx View Post

For some reason this particular sub forum seems to attract massive ****** nozzles. I haven't quite figured out why.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast