+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage PvP?

Soulwalker

Default Mage PvP?

So first off i am really really Green. I've been playing for about a week now. I come from WoW (no hate) and i really miss PvP.

I rolled out of the Gate with the Kelari (Sp?) Mage. Necro/Lock/Dom for leveling but I'd really like to get my feet wet in PvP.

The question I want to ask? Does the Mage have a cookie cutter PvP build in 1.4 yet?

Also i am only Level 24 and this is my current build for PvE leveling. if there is something that makes more sense please let me know. My survivability is outstanding, fair DPS, and i always leave rifts with full health/Mana.

thanks a bunch,
    MW2T

Shadowlander

just about any soul has been able to put together a viable pvp spec...some better then others but any playstyle can play a mage in pvp atm....you can put together some type of pyro/dom spec to obliterate people and have some tricks...chloro/necro is very strong against healers....necro/dom can shut whole teams down if let free....i personally run a chloro/lock because i lvld my mage specifically to chloro in raids so it just felt good lvling and ive been chlorolock every since...i actually have 3 diff variations of it...one for pvp one for raids and one for soloing...chlor/lock is very strong but some people may see it as an entry lvl spec...i run it with 1k+ valor and 8.2k hp...getting stronger everyday...
    Last edited by Atsaka; 08-18-2011 at 01:45 AM.

Sword of Telara

At level 24 you should stick to Necro/Lock(/Dom) build with Soul Purge. Soul Purge is a beast at those levels.

Also, bear in mind at these levels, since gear is not quite so diverse. So you are MUCH more dependent on the skill levels of your fellow party-members in early-level warfronts. Which of course can be a good -- and a bad -- thing...

Soulwalker

Cool thanks guys. i was thinking of going Chloro Lock at the higher levels. can i steal a spec?

Sure

-Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

Shadowlander

In the earlier levels I enjoyed several different Chloromancer/Dominator specs.

Here is a good base
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zRs_.xdIh0o.McVzak

In my opinion the best thing this spec brings to the Warfronts is Void Shroud (50% heal debuff). At the low levels enemy healing is very strong and there aren't enough heal debuffs around... not all warriors have lingering wounds/enough crit for it to matter, clerics have none, and rogues don't get them until level 32. Mages have void shroud and a 30% heal debuff from necro available at lower levels then most classes.

Things to work towards after that (order of my opinion)
    1) archmage - detaunt/15% damage to players
    2) dom - reflective presence. mmm so good.
    3) dom - microburst/split personality/traitorous influence
    4) chloro - nature's fury

+ Reply to Thread