+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sakkath

Thread: A petition to Trion regarding the Pyromancer in PVE

  1. #1
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,519

    Default A petition to Trion regarding the Pyromancer in PVE

    So as we all know, the pyromancer has come a long way in PVE. It is a viable spec at the moment when played correctly and when paired with the correct gear. It has a few shortcomings, but what spec doesnt?
    There are, however, a few possible changes that I belive Trion should consider testing and possibly implementing.

    -Take inferno back off the GCD. Understandably this change was made for pvp, but with it nerfed in pvp I cannot see the reasoning anymore. As it stands right now, inferno is not providing the dps increase that a "finisher" should.

    -Tweak and test fireball cast times. Currently the max level fireball sits at 2.5 seconds, which without raid buffs is laughable. Without archon buffs the pyro loses too much. Its viability even starts to become questioned. Suggestion would be to put fireball @ 2s cast and 1.5 with archon buffs. This would help in all aspects of the game.

    -Look into adding "GoP on the move" Perhaps with improved ground of power, there could be limited movement allowed. Now im not saying to run rampant with it, but if you need to adjust position slightly or something. Test it, tweak it, and look into it is all im suggesting.

    -Look into countdown. As it stands right now.......there is no reason to use it unless you're moving.

    -Do something, anything with withering flames.



    Thats all, add anything else i may have missed. Obviously these changes are each their own, I'm not asking for ALL to be implemented.
    Last edited by TheRealKillian; 08-17-2011 at 10:32 PM.
    Killianx<Addiction> - Gnarlwood
    Formerly Killianx/Boosted of <Voodoo>
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

  2. #2
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    750

    Default

    I think they should focus more on pyro being a turret. That's it's niche and it's a pretty funny niche. Give you stacking fire resist debuff on the boss that has a really short duration so that if you have to move too much and can't cast the whole stack falls off. Make the damage bonus from GoP go up if you stand in it for longer.

    TURRET MODE DEPLOYED

  3. #3
    Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    540

    Default

    Pyro should get the same 15 second buff that Marksman get from leaving their pedestals, imo.

    And yes, the cast time on Fireball is rather absurd for the DPS that it does. Heck, Pillaging Stones hits nearly as hard.
    Last edited by FireWraith; 08-17-2011 at 10:48 PM.

    GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

  4. #4
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    35

    Default

    You forgot combust, it must proc of critical fireball and the tick of this dot need to ba able to crit for real.

    And a 2.1s cast for fireball with the damage adjusted to this new value could be awesome for PVE and PVP
    Last edited by Helltrain; 08-17-2011 at 10:51 PM.

  5. #5
    Plane Touched Pacifyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    252

    Default

    I agree on Countdown, Inferno and Withering Flames. These should be changed.
    - Countdown should implement some buff/debuff for its duration. There is one laughable greater essence for this but it is sooo bad.
    - Inferno was pretty good when taken off GCD. Now it is absolette.
    - Withering Flames should be affected by Fiery Concentration and 100% pushback protected at 3 points

    I do not agree on Fireball part. It is quite fine atm. It has 2.0 sec cast time due to Ignition and 1.75 when buffed by archon's Burning Purpose aura and even less when also affected by Surging Flare. Not sure if there are any more temp buffs in raid that change this even more. But it is perfectly ballanced in PvE.
    You should give the power to one who doesn't want to use it
    Arm Dearg (Zaviel) Mage class leader
    GSB 5/5 RoS 5/5 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 11/11 RotP 4/4 ID 8/8 PF 4/4
    FT 4/4 EE 5/5 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 4/5
    Wizards till we die!

  6. #6
    Plane Touched Pacifyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Now some ideas for Combust and Pyromancer's Armor.
    We are all tired from that RNG dependence.

    So I like the idea for Combust to proc 100% off critical hits. This would be even better for current mechanics as Combust stacks on target. Make the limit for stack count and we get a very nice constant damage buff which works if constantly attacking target making it burn. Maybe it should proc 100% from even not critical attacks but for smaller value and limiting it for say 5 stacks.

    Pyromancer's Armor could work like the following:
    On a damaging fire spells places a stacking buff on caster decreasing cast time of Cinder burst by 1 second and reducing Cooldown of Cinder Burst by 5 seconds. Max 6 stacks.

    This should work like a charm even in PvP preventing too often procs (replace that PvP freaky internal cooldowns for procs)
    You should give the power to one who doesn't want to use it
    Arm Dearg (Zaviel) Mage class leader
    GSB 5/5 RoS 5/5 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 11/11 RotP 4/4 ID 8/8 PF 4/4
    FT 4/4 EE 5/5 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 4/5
    Wizards till we die!

  7. #7
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacifyer View Post
    I do not agree on Fireball part. It is quite fine atm. It has 2.0 sec cast time due to Ignition and 1.75 when buffed by archon's Burning Purpose aura and even less when also affected by Surging Flare. Not sure if there are any more temp buffs in raid that change this even more. But it is perfectly ballanced in PvE.
    I forgot surging flare :x, we need a 2.3s cast !

    The combust effect need another name to separate it from fire ball in the parser.

  8. #8
    Champion of Telara Raiga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sanctum
    Posts
    1,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealKillian View Post
    So as we all know, the pyromancer has come a long way in PVE. It is a viable spec at the moment when played correctly and when paired with the correct gear. It has a few shortcomings, but what spec doesnt?
    There are, however, a few possible changes that I belive Trion should consider testing and possibly implementing.

    -Take inferno back off the GCD. Understandably this change was made for pvp, but with it nerfed in pvp I cannot see the reasoning anymore. As it stands right now, inferno is not providing the dps increase that a "finisher" should.

    -Tweak and test fireball cast times. Currently the max level fireball sits at 2.5 seconds, which without raid buffs is laughable. Without archon buffs the pyro loses too much. Its viability even starts to become questioned. Suggestion would be to put fireball @ 2s cast and 1.5 with archon buffs. This would help in all aspects of the game.

    -Look into adding "GoP on the move" Perhaps with improved ground of power, there could be limited movement allowed. Now im not saying to run rampant with it, but if you need to adjust position slightly or something. Test it, tweak it, and look into it is all im suggesting.

    -Look into countdown. As it stands right now.......there is no reason to use it unless you're moving.

    -Do something, anything with withering flames.



    Thats all, add anything else i may have missed. Obviously these changes are each their own, I'm not asking for ALL to be implemented.
    Had to come over here and give some input(no i'm not a mage).

    I think your "grounds" should be like the Marksman pedestals. You can move out of them and for 15 seconds still retain the buffs.

    This wouldn't really have any major impact on PvP since they nerfed the crap out of Pyromancer so I don't think there will be any objections.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
    Had to come over here and give some input(no i'm not a mage).

    I think your "grounds" should be like the Marksman pedestals. You can move out of them and for 15 seconds still retain the buffs.

    This wouldn't really have any major impact on PvP since they nerfed the crap out of Pyromancer so I don't think there will be any objections.
    do the mm pedestals move with you to the location or its just that it allows 15s of movement but u have to return to the pedestal?

    because if its just movement and having to return thats not very viable for us as we cant cast while moving
    Killianx<Addiction> - Gnarlwood
    Formerly Killianx/Boosted of <Voodoo>
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

  10. #10
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacifyer View Post
    I do not agree on Fireball part. It is quite fine atm. It has 2.0 sec cast time due to Ignition and 1.75 when buffed by archon's Burning Purpose aura and even less when also affected by Surging Flare. Not sure if there are any more temp buffs in raid that change this even more. But it is perfectly ballanced in PvE.
    No. Buffs applied AFTER ignition are applied multiplicatively. BP'ed fireball is actually a 1.8s cast time--this is not just a rounding issue.

  11. #11
    Champion of Telara Raiga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sanctum
    Posts
    1,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealKillian View Post
    do the mm pedestals move with you to the location or its just that it allows 15s of movement but u have to return to the pedestal?

    because if its just movement and having to return thats not very viable for us as we cant cast while moving
    It's just 15 seconds of movement, but you have to return to the pedestal(or lay another one down in your new position) To retain the buff after the 15 seconds.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts