+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Mage Greater Essences

Shadowlander

Default Mage Greater Essences

I have a question regarding greater essences for Mages. I'm under the impression Adorned Shadeshard is BiS for just about any spec. But as far as others go, I'm wondering what's better to use in the second greater essence slot. 1) Are the heal-over-time ones good enough for Chloromancer to use over another lesser, and 2) Is Deathtouched Soulstone a BiS for Necromancer/Warlock DPS specs, or would another lesser be better here again?

Adorned Shadeshard: http://rift.zam.com/en/item/C78FF882...ned-Shadeshard
    Crystal Vine (I could not find a stronger version than this): http://rift.zam.com/en/item/8AC7C185...1/Crystal-Vine
    Deathtouched Soulstone: http://rift.zam.com/en/item/8CA4D9DC...ched-Soulstone
    Last edited by Nimzo; 08-17-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Plane Touched

Lol here.

6 lesser is better than 5 lesser and 1 adorned

As for as chloromancer goes, get the hailstone from water RR.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Myso View Post
    Lol here.

6 lesser is better than 5 lesser and 1 adorned

As for as chloromancer goes, get the hailstone from water RR.
    Would you like to expand upon that, or should I just take your word for it?

As far as I can tell, rough estimates put all greaters at lower average stat gain than just having another epic lesser, so for DPS specs lesers in general are preferred (except Necrotic rage) but I'm unsure about Adorned for Necro/Lock specs.

For Chloro you can either go full lessers for more stats, but most seem to recommend Shield essences (Hailstone Tideshard, Frozen Deep One Tear) to ease healing and such, or at least that's the impression I've gotten.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Benlisted View Post
    As far as I can tell, rough estimates put all greaters at lower average stat gain than just having another epic lesser, so for DPS specs lesers in general are preferred (except Necrotic rage) but I'm unsure about Adorned for Necro/Lock specs.

For Chloro you can either go full lessers for more stats, but most seem to recommend Shield essences (Hailstone Tideshard, Frozen Deep One Tear) to ease healing and such, or at least that's the impression I've gotten.
    So the consensus for Chloromancer is shield essences, not healing ones? Interesting. Thanks! And I'm wondering if those both stack, or you use just one or the either?
    Last edited by Nimzo; 08-17-2011 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimzo View Post
    So the consensus for Chloromancer is shield essences, not healing ones? Interesting. Thanks! And I'm wondering if those both stack, or you use just one or the either?
    I think they stack, and I assume the reason they're better than heal ones is that they will far more often mitigate damage to a certain extent rather than possibly overheal someone not taking dmg for a short while like Crystal Vine or such may do. They also ease spike damage nicely if they proc at the right time, which is typically preferable to boosting the amount of hots on someone imo.

Plane Touched

they all stack

and they are more health efficient than healing ones due to the guaranteed mitigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Benlisted View Post
    It depends on the fight. Plutonus gets my perfect lesser "dps" source machine, where as Hylas gets my "healing" one with the greaters. Same with trinkets -- Lost Favor is nice in general, but SHoE results in more healing for when that's needed.

Telaran

Some math puts necrotic rage as better than lessers for dps. rest i'd go lessers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nashiq View Post
    Some math puts necrotic rage as better than lessers for dps.
    That's only available to Guardians, though. We Defiants have to stick with all lessers.

Ascendant

Some math puts necrotic rage as better than lessers for dps. rest i'd go lessers.
    Necrotic Rage provides average of 56sp, which is overall about double the dps value of BiS lesser.

aux

Quote Originally Posted by Zarokima View Post
    That's only available to Guardians, though. We Defiants have to stick with all lessers.
    Who wants to look like a stupid necro pet all the time anyway?
    I'm so BORED

Telaran

It constantly stops me from mounting. I wonder if there's a cancelaura macro like there used to be for deathbringers will.

Ascendant

It constantly stops me from mounting. I wonder if there's a cancelaura macro like there used to be for deathbringers will.
    yep. I use it.

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    Who wants to look like a stupid necro pet all the time anyway?
    I do if it's 2x as good as a lesser!
    Last edited by ururu; 08-18-2011 at 07:35 AM.

Ascendant

cancelbuff Necrotic Rage
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast