+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vayra

Thread: "Could not cast unknown ability" spam... how do i fix it?

Prophet of Telara

Default "Could not cast unknown ability" spam... how do i fix it?

* i have suppressmacrofailures
    * i have a pet out
    * my pet has the macro'd abilities

Can I create a new chat tab and re-direct all the spam there? If so, how? Which chat settings to I check?

Quote Originally Posted by m1nus View Post
    * i have a pet out

Can I create a new chat tab and re-direct all the spam there? If so, how? Which chat settings to I check?
    Haven't played in 3 months, but if I remember right suppressmacrofailures doesn't work for:

1). Moves that aren't currently in your spec. Void Bolt in your SC/Elem macro will generate spam.
    2). Misspelled spells generate spam.
    3). Wrong pet out for the spells in a macro generate spam. Meaning that if you have zealot macro'd and use the Revenant for some aoe get ready to get spammed to death.

Like I said it's been awhile, but try cleaning up your macros. Suppress just blocks spam from spells that aren't relevant at the moment from cluttering your chat box. Like having Inferno in a pyromancer macro; it can only fire in certain situations so instead of spamming you that it isn't ready it suppresses it. If you spell Inferno as say Unferno you would get spammed because the game is saying, "I don't know w-t-f this is!"

If I'm wrong I apologize; been awhile.

Make sure all your abilities are spelled correctly (petcast xxx instead of cast xxx). Also make sure you did not summon a companion pet before your actual dps pet as this messes up macros for pet commands.
    Last edited by Vayra; 08-17-2011 at 05:53 PM.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Quote Originally Posted by m1nus View Post
    * i have a pet out

This is a bug, sometimes I get these messages when I try to use macro's that has worked forever. Try restarting the game, it usually helps for me.

It's totally weird
    it's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society

Soulwalker

This always happened to me whenever I use copy Ctrl+C and paste Ctrl+V function. I fix them by rewriting them manually, and use the shift+click function to copy the ability name to the macro.

+ Reply to Thread