+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best leveling spec?

Soulwalker

Default Best leveling spec?

Hi,

I was wondering which spec is best for leveling up?

Thanks.

Soulwalker

Necro/Lock/Chloro.

Use common sense with it. mostly necro no chloro points added. i can solo just about anything i come into contact with.

RIFT Community Ambassador bluedot's Avatar

Ive heard this guy has a good leveling guide for mages: http://bluedots.org/2011/04/30/mage-leveling-specs/

Personally I think he is a narcissistic alcoholic jerk with no life. Strikingly handsome though.
    Last edited by bluedot; 08-17-2011 at 10:48 PM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    Personally I think he is a narcissistic alcoholic jerk with no life. Strikingly handsome though.
    I heard he has some swagger.

Telaran

I see a lot of blue here

Shadowlander

Necro/lock with archon for the 0 point for the buffs.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
    This is a good one too, its what I use for leveling my mages.

Point distro doesn't matter, its all personal prefs (Fresh Graves, Grave Rot, Soul Purge, Ancient Tomb+Clattering Bones are pretty much must-haves..). I tried out Bluedot's N/WL builds, but didn't like the feel and play, so changed back to what works best for me. Soul Resets are cheap, so play around a bit.

Telaran

Ele/Chloro worked well for me. Choose Elementalist for first soul, work towards LGV in Chloro ASAP (5 AG, Bloom, 1 Slipstream, 3 EV), then work on Fiery Assault and Greater Elemental Affinity in Elementalist.

LGV + Bloom is plenty to heal the golem through normal encounters as long as you don't get overly ambitious in your pulls, while Quicken Elements lets you solo Rifts, Invasions and Elites without ever really being in danger.

Necromancer/some points in Warlock/ Chloromancer

Reason behind this: I played a necromancer in Everquest and EQ2 for over 10 years hehee, so I was trying to find something similar in RIFT. Also, both personnal and pet healing is very good, I multi-pull mobs of the same level as I am with dots and use mage pet to aoe them down while I drain tank them (soul purge etc). If something bad happen I can always feign death. I know some prefer to use the tank or melee dps pet but the mage skelly works very well for me, I tried them all of course.

Safely multi-pulling = quests completed fast, fast farming for crafting materials also.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
    This is a good one. I have leveled almost exclusively with it. It is fast and can handle almost anything.

It also has the benefit of being a pet class, which lets you dip in a hit a mining or foraging item while you pet ties up nearby mobs. My skelly can ties up mobs much higher level than me long enough for me to get said item, mount up and get out...and they skelly usually lives.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    Ive heard this guy has a good leveling guide for mages: http://bluedots.org/2011/04/30/mage-leveling-specs/

LOL, that's too awesome not to bump.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltswiki View Post
    I deal with warriors by crying about them on the forums until Trion nerfs them

Rift Disciple

If you...dislike...pets (like me. I prefer no pets), stick with necro/lock until around level 35, then you can swap to Chloro/lock. the killing is slower, but you will never die (once you get the hang of it), have no downtime, and you can aoe grind pretty well with devouring shadows, radiant spores, and mortality. Bloom and Flourish if things get hairy. 0 points in archon and searing vitality is great for pulling, too

Of course, Bluedot has a guide for this. Maker bless him, he's my online gaming hero.

*shakes fist* where were you when i was leveling in beta/early release?

+ Reply to Thread