+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pet Problem in Greenscale blight

Default Pet Problem in Greenscale blight

Hello guys,
    i have a question about greenscale blight. I usually did this encounter as archon. So this time i got the oportunity to do damage. I took necromancer since all the bosses appear to be Single DPS fights.
    The problem was, my pet always nearly instantly died. In every fight (expect greenscale). Consequently my DPS sucked hardcore.
    So is this normal for greenscale blight? Should i take the mage skeleton pet instead for these encounters the next time? Or should i completly switch to for instance Pyromancer(even though i play pyro ele, there is a pet as well).

Or - was it just bad luck?

Quote Originally Posted by Donny View Post
    Hello guys,
    i have a question about greenscale blight. I usually did this encounter as archon. So this time i got the oportunity to do damage. I took necromancer since all the bosses appear to be Single DPS fights.
    The problem was, my pet always nearly instantly died. In every fight (expect greenscale). Consequently my DPS sucked hardcore.
    So is this normal for greenscale blight? Should i take the mage skeleton pet instead for these encounters the next time? Or should i completly switch to for instance Pyromancer(even though i play pyro ele, there is a pet as well).

Or - was it just bad luck?

the zealot pet shoudl be fine.... although there are a few fights that you need to micromanage the pet for, and that might be the issue you are getting. On Duke Letareus and Prince Hylas for example you need to have your pet withdrawal from the boss for a short time while they do their Wraths (just hit follow and then attack again a few seconds later when you see it go up). During Oracle Aleria the ranged wolf will debuff and kill your zealot pet quite frequenly (and empty the crypts for that matter), I recommend using the mage pet during the ranged wolf and save etc until after it is dead, and then you may switch to zealot on Oracle Aleria if you wish. Ironically the one fight the necromancer did well in, Lord Greenscale, is one that I would suggest using another more mobile/aoe friendly spec in imo- such as SC/ELE, if you are focusing on adds in letareus it might be a good idea too.
    Last edited by Inixia; 08-17-2011 at 10:15 AM.

Thanks for the advice!

+ Reply to Thread