+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pyromancer.

Shadowlander

Default Pyromancer.

To start with i don't care if chlorolock or necrolock or whatever is the best spec for a mage in pvp. I want to play a pyro even tho is sucks ***. Just want to ask all of you fellow pyros what change do you want to see for the class? I think our defense should rise by quite a bit aswell as our damage. We can barely take a hit and are throwing charcoal at people. Why don't just rename the spell fireball to charcoalball.

Plane Walker

Make their 51 point useful? It's useless in PvE because you need tempest, and in PvP it's a 100 charge version of cinderburst on the same CD(5sec).

With everyone now sporting valor, the soul really does hit like a wet noodle.
    Last edited by Emprahh; 08-17-2011 at 09:07 AM.

Soulwalker

I'm with you man pyro is by far my most favorite soul for Mage. I tried them all and they don't even come close to pyro (in my opinion) I'm just trying to figure out what secondary souls to go with it. I don't go more tha withering flames or 44 pyro so I'm trying to figure out what to go with it, I like chloro for heals, or archon for mana regen and fire dmg, or Dom for mana and utility (also storm shackles is a awesome spell) so lots of choices

I have posted this again in the past

1 Countdown blows up after 4 or 5 seconds.

2 Withering Flames still channeled deals instant dmg(like soul purge) , lower cooldown , no charge consumption , its now able to crit

3 Flicker now also breaks "Silence"

4 Inferno out of the global cd

5 Combust : i dont know what to do with this but now its complete garbage , perhaps make it proc on fireball criticals and increase the dmg of the dot.

6 Improved Fireball/Flamebolt: Increase critical chance of fireball and flamebolt by 45%. I am quite serious on this one but yes heat wave will have to change as well.
    Last edited by Zilvereen; 08-17-2011 at 09:34 AM.

Shadowlander

I am not that high level right now but i'm going to try out the pyro/dom when get higher level. trans, faster casting, ss and more things that can be useful. But it does not make up for the lack of damage the pyro makes.

Lately for kicks I've been using a pretty standard 51pt pyro build in pvp. I find that it is extremely good at killing players that are at about 50% health.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...euusuts.xx0M.c

It has 3 main tools for finishing people off. Fulminate, Cinder, and Inferno. All of these can be used to follow up a fireball and deal a decent about of damage really quickly. (Cinder only with proc)

Why 51pts? There is no cap on the %bonus from burning bright. Fulminate can't 1 shot people but it is still an instant cast that can usually do 1-2k, bad opener, decent finisher.

Not entirely sold on it yet. Also once I hit rank 4 I'll probably move the 3 points from elementalist to Archmage. This will be to increase the spike damage from crits.

Ascendant

I believe burning bright should not reduce health anymore. Pyros are ok otherwise, viable in pvp in the hands of a skilled mage (with gear!).
    Last edited by ururu; 08-17-2011 at 12:27 PM.

Telaran

Burning bright doesn't reduce health anymore. What would help is if it wasn't half the bonus in pvp.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Willjones09 View Post
    Burning bright doesn't reduce health anymore. What would help is if it wasn't half the bonus in pvp.
    that is wrong on rift.zam.com. I'm at work so I can't confirm.. but I don't remember this change.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    that is wrong on rift.zam.com. I'm at work so I can't confirm.. but I don't remember this change.
    It's in the patch notes one or two back. I'll see which ones.

EDIT: found it. http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...2-8-11-eu.html
    Last edited by Kavrae; 08-17-2011 at 01:49 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kavrae View Post
    It's in the patch notes one or two back. I'll see which ones.

EDIT: found it. http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...2-8-11-eu.html
    Wow awesome, thanks! I missed that change.

Too bad withering flames still sux. I miss the old inferno, too.

Shadowlander

I like to use pyro/dom. Controlled opportunity + Swift control + Quick Thinking is great to combo cinder burst + storm shackles + fireball. I used to get very good results with that just untill I became a lvl 50. Now, the gear difference between players in WF is so tremendous that I no longer feel like playing this character. I would rather get back to lvl 49, haha.

Champion

I think Pyro contributes a lot more to a warfront than Chlorolock. It actually kills people as opposed to putting out lots of negligible damage and healing. Sure, it's not quite as survivable, but when played well with Flicker, Flashfire, Break Free, Burn, Burning Bonds I find it's more survivable than almost anything apart from 31 lock builds.

The only real problems are the overnerfed Fulminate and Inferno. Fulminate needs a slight tweak in the "reduced pvp damage" by about 5-10%. Inferno needs to keep the current damage and go off-GCD or keep the GCD and get 5-10% damage increase.

Oh, and Flicker is bugged and needs to be fixed so it works with Silence. When the CC changes came in all Control breaking abilities were supposed to work on ALL control effects. They missed this with Flicker.

Rift Disciple

Pyro is fine. Please don't change anything.

+ Reply to Thread