+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stream of Reclamation

Shadowlander

Default Stream of Reclamation

Fledgling Chloromancer here, done a lot of reading on the spec, and I'm pretty confidant on how all the key mechanics work, how the rotations work and such, the times when to use 51 chloro tank heal specs and the chlorolock support specs.

One thing kind of stumps me though. When do you use Stream of Reclamation?

I can understand that throwing spores on a huge raidboss and using Stream is a good way to AOE heal a huge number of players, but is Stream of any remote use in 5man situations or smaller groups, or even solo? I find it really hard to quantify how much healing it does - 30% increased chance to proc Spores is nice, but how much damage/healing does the skill do in practice.

Should I use it in a -damage- rotation at all if I'm not concerned with healing, or is Vile Spores just better. And when would it be better to use Stream for AOE healing instead of just spamming single target stuff with LGV or so.

I'm just really confused as to its use. Currently I don't have it amongst my main hotkeys, even, as it just feels a bit superfluous, but I feel I'm missing something about its use.

I'm also confused about why or when you would use it. I guess the radiant spores proc could be nice, but it could just as easily proc on someone's white melee swing as a hard-hitting attack. Maybe a chance you'd get a big heal on yourself? >.>

Seems to do a bit of nice HOT healing on the group, but nothing to write home about. I can't figure out where it would be useful to do that instead of another ability.

i never use it when main healing, but that is instinct from when it only healed off of the first tick. does it heal off of every tick now? I can't recall off hand.
    Erymi, Zalfiqar, Veirah, Imyre
    Mage, Rogue, Cleric, Warrior
    Faeblight

Ascendant

Stream of Reclamation deals a lot of damage, but that's its only purpose. You can use it when healing is light in order to make sure you don't fall behind, but the only healing that you'll receive from it is the first tick. Since the Stream doesn't proc Spores, you lose almost all personal benefit to the spell. The debuff lasts about 2 seconds after the stream fades.

Try not to get in the practice of using the spell until some changes are made to it.

Rift Chaser

THIS THREAD IS FILLED WITH EPIC IGNORANCE

STREAM INCREASES THE CHANCE FOR SPORES TO POP INCREASING HEALING FOR THE ENTIRE RAID
    STREAM DRASTICALLY INCREASES CHARGE
    STREAM ALSO HEALS
    STREAM IS ALSO GOOD DAMAGE

BUT IT DOESN'T PROC SPORES TO SELF HEAL THE CHLORO!?!?!?! TAKE IT OFF THE BAR

Soulwalker

Why are you yelling at me!?
    Nothing that is so, is so.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Arondight View Post
    Why are you yelling at me!?

YOU CAN HEAR MY LETTERS!?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by NerfMePlease View Post

THIS THREAD IS FILLED WITH EPIC IGNORANCE

STREAM INCREASES THE CHANCE FOR SPORES TO POP INCREASING HEALING FOR THE ENTIRE RAID
    STREAM DRASTICALLY INCREASES CHARGE
    STREAM ALSO HEALS
    STREAM IS ALSO GOOD DAMAGE

BUT IT DOESN'T PROC SPORES TO SELF HEAL THE CHLORO!?!?!?! TAKE IT OFF THE BAR
    Stream only drastically increases charge if you cancel it early. If you let the stream tick for its entirety, your overall charge gain would be about equal to if you were casting other spells. Since the healing it offers isn't guaranteed, it is not a spell that you can rely on in times of life-threatening AoE damage. Since it takes around 4-5 seconds for the chance to proc Spores to become significant, there is a high chance that the healing will have been already taken by Flourish or Doctrine of Light.

Quote Originally Posted by Caydin View Post
    Stream only drastically increases charge if you cancel it early. If you let the stream tick for its entirety, your overall charge gain would be about equal to if you were casting other spells. Since the healing it offers isn't guaranteed, it is not a spell that you can rely on in times of life-threatening AoE damage. Since it takes around 4-5 seconds for the chance to proc Spores to become significant, there is a high chance that the healing will have been already taken by Flourish or Doctrine of Light.
    There's always healing, it channels life damage as well as providing the radiant spore temporary buff.

As for the OP's question: I use it when I need to burst heal and my flourish / wild growth / ruin are on cooldown.

It does a lot of AOE healing, so yeah, it's worth using when you need AOE healing. Not so good for tank healing though, since tanks don't usually do much damage.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Slythorh View Post
    There's always healing, it channels life damage as well as providing the radiant spore temporary buff.

As for the OP's question: I use it when I need to burst heal and my flourish / wild growth / ruin are on cooldown.
    Have you actually tested it? I'm sitting here Sacrificing Life, and the only bit of healing I receive is the initial tick. Stream of Reclamation does not work the same way that Void Life or Natural Splendor does.

Quote Originally Posted by NerfMePlease View Post

YOU CAN HEAR MY LETTERS!?
    No, but we can SEE your letters and my eyes are bleeding! LOL

I mainly use Stream when I'm soloing PVE content and need some damage to finish of a mob. I really haven't tried it in a lot of group/raid situations. But yea, I have never really thought of it as a "healing" tool.
    Last edited by Agrona77; 08-17-2011 at 11:35 AM.

Prophet of Telara

I use it in PvP when the player is like at 5 or 8% health left.

Ascendant

it's pretty nice as an instant heal when you get > 1500 spell power. the coefficiency on stream is good.

but I usually use it in dps situations. trigger entropic, cast stream, trigger entropic off. nom nom charge.

Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    it's pretty nice as an instant heal when you get > 1500 spell power. the coefficiency on stream is good.

but I usually use it in dps situations. trigger entropic, cast stream, trigger entropic off. nom nom charge.
    it doesn't generate charge I think when you amplify it with entropic. at least Fire Storm and Lightning Storm don't generate charge when powered up with IC or SF

One way to use Stream of Reclamation is to channel it right Before raid damage is incoming, so you have max stacks when it hits, people have 46% chance to heal themselves for 100% of their damage for 3 seconds and you can Flourish at the same time..

But sadly this isn't really useful, it's prolly overkill and you're not effectively healing much for the seconds you're powering it up. and you're only really healing the DPS
    it's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast