+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Stormcaller pVp spec

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default Stormcaller pVp spec

    whats the latest Stormcaller pvp spec?

  2. #2
    Plane Walker ethix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    400

    Default

    I personally use 51 SC 15 Archmage.

    But if you're not high prestige, then I'd go 44 SC, 17 ELE, 5 AM. The 10% damage reduction in ELE will help a lot.
    Brynx <Myth> Mage of Seastone

  3. #3
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,707

    Default

    pretty glass cannon.. have lots of valor & 2 good healers lol

    clicky

  4. #4
    Champion of Telara Hethroin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,291

    Default

    This my PVP Stormcaller.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

  5. #5
    Ascendant Soul sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,123

    Default

    44SC 18AM 4ELE consistently nets me top KBS for my faction in every warfront I play. It's possible to 1-2 shot r6 players easily with setup time.
    Last edited by Soul sky; 08-17-2011 at 10:21 AM.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

  6. #6
    Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    803

    Default

    Observe the aoe burst potential of the 51/15 spec http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wDCiu5dDFw&t=1m58s

  7. #7
    Champion of Telara Hethroin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    44SC 18AM 4ELE consistently nets me top KBS for my faction in every warfront I play. It's possible to 1-2 shot r6 players easily with setup time.
    Yep.

    I ran 44 SC 15 AM 7 Ele (2/3 lightning strike talent) for night. We had a few wtf moments in vent when a cleric that wasn't being dented by our warrior suddenly dropped dead from a single 4k Lightning Burst.

    What I didn't like about it the the total lack of control; you cannot stop someone from eating your teammate with this spec. Best you can hope for is that they die too, right afterwards. The weakness of the spec lies in immobile buildup time for your bursts and high susceptibility to full cleanses. When pressured by melee and even other ranged I felt helpless, when left alone I was a god.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hethroin View Post
    you cannot stop someone from eating your teammate with this spec.
    well actually, cleansing works pretty well to stop this. I dueled a cleric guildy to find out 1-shot implications. he had rank 3 gear and it was not possible to one shot him if he used cleanse at all. use ventrillo and have your teammates call out if they are getting electrified stacks. simply removing 1 electrified stack will be enough to a 1 shot.

    due to so many stormcallers & rift warriors I am running chloro/dom/am lately to get deny back. It's helping.
    Last edited by ururu; 08-17-2011 at 12:25 PM.

  9. #9
    Champion of Telara Hethroin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    well actually, cleansing works pretty well to stop this. I dueled a cleric guildy to find out 1-shot implications. he had rank 3 gear and it was not possible to one shot him if he used cleanse at all. use ventrillo and have your teammates call out if they are getting electrified stacks. simply removing 1 electrified stack will be enough to a 1 shot.

    due to so many stormcallers & rift warriors I am running chloro/dom/am lately to get deny back. It's helping.
    I was trying to say that if you are the stormcaller it is not possible for you to peel off your cleric if he is in trouble. Best you can do is load up debuffs and hope you can get LB out before your cleric dies.

    This was more of a reference to the storm callers lack of CC other than punts and snares, which happen to share the same immunity timer and are easily removed/rofl-ed at by most melee specs.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple Pooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    139

    Default

    I use the following build for one of my PVP roles. 31 SC / 20 Dom / 15 Arch

    The Dom gives the instant Squirrel and increased cast speed, so you can pump out the AOE's faster. This helps to do more damage before debuffs get cleansed or the group spreads out.

    Also, you can use Grasping Void when it's up to keep groups together longer.


  11. #11
    Champion of Telara Hethroin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
    I use the following build for one of my PVP roles. 31 SC / 20 Dom / 15 Arch

    The Dom gives the instant Squirrel and increased cast speed, so you can pump out the AOE's faster. This helps to do more damage before debuffs get cleansed or the group spreads out.

    Also, you can use Grasping Void when it's up to keep groups together longer.

    If you get to around 1500 spell power try out the 33/28/5 spec. Split Personalities buffed by Static Discharge = this
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hethroin View Post
    I was trying to say that if you are the stormcaller it is not possible for you to peel off your cleric if he is in trouble. Best you can do is load up debuffs and hope you can get LB out before your cleric dies.

    This was more of a reference to the storm callers lack of CC other than punts and snares, which happen to share the same immunity timer and are easily removed/rofl-ed at by most melee specs.
    not like other mage specs (other than chloro, or dom with deny) can save the cleric.

    raging storm root or absolute zero -> arctic blast sometimes can save.

  13. #13
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hethroin View Post
    If you get to around 1500 spell power try out the 33/28/5 spec. Split Personalities buffed by Static Discharge = this
    404 error? heh

  14. #14
    Champion of Telara Hethroin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    404 error? heh
    Google Image "Box of Rap*"
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

  15. #15
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    whats the rotation and/or macros too?

    i know i'm a terribly lazy person

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts