+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nashiq

Thread: Necrolock questions

Soulwalker

Default Necrolock questions

Hello
    I have used necro/warlock since I started playing rift a few months ago - I am approaching level 50 and had a few questions:

Necro Pets abilities - A lot of my necro tree choices offer to boost some of the pet spells etc. Does anyone choose these? I've always spent the points elsewhere

Stacks of deathly calling - I don't have a clue what this is and whether its worth learning about? (i used void bolt, not the necro version)

Warlock Armour - I can spend points on this to 'increase damage done by x%'... Does this mean the damage done by the armour when someone hits me, or damage done in general?

Empty the Crypts - I use it sometimes, more for fun than anything but is it worthwhile? In what situation should I be using it?(rather than using the charge on soul purge)

Thanks for any help with my noobish questions Chuff

Shadowlander

1. Depends what you are aiming for, generally the pet boosting talents are definitely worthwhile.

2. Deathly calling basically improves some of your pets abilities. Each pet has different abilities that benefit from it differently. Read your pet's abilities, it will tell you how they are effected by Deathly calling. You can use Grave Rot for it, instead of Plague Bolt.

3. Improved warlock armor improves the damage you deal (damage done in general).

4. With the charge changes in the last patch, using Empty the Crypts and Soul Purge together shouldnt be a problem.. you might have to stop Soul Purge 1 or 2 ticks too soon. Id say, use Empty the Crypts from CD to CD.

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by FlaggUAE; 08-17-2011 at 06:06 AM.
    Flagg, Level 50 Mage @ Bloodiron EU
    Guild <Superiority Complex>

Telaran

your pet is a pretty big source of damage. the boost talents for damage are the best place for the points to go, but choose one. don't max clattering bones and the reverant buff talent.

grave rot. will be annoying at first but once you get it down it works really well.

ETC is a very nice cool-down. once you have a rotation down and you're full charge blow exhume, sac life damage, lich form, empty the crypts and immediately cast something at the mob to get them to charge and start attacking. personally, I've found that with them up I cannot soul purge effectively and i just spam void bolt and re-apply dots at the end. Use it every time it is up with exhume and watch your damage go up.

Soulwalker

Chaps
    Thanks to you both, thats great!
    The most surprising of all your answers is the warlock armour... I need to respec immediately!! Thats an extra 10% damage I'm missing out on =O

I also made the mistake of thinking the revenant would be the best pet(for dps) as its the higher level, but the general consensus seems to be for the scout pet so I will look at him in more detail and his abilities

When I've been playing with ETC I usually let them loose, then throw in a few more dots or VB's and then soul purge - Just make sure I don't run out of charge and cause them to shamble off early...

Just noticed a comment of yours there Nashiq - Does exhume make ETC insta-cast? (cool)

Chuff

Telaran

reverent is the best aoe pet. so decent on dungeon trash. or if you're on aoe duty (you should probably go sc/ele for this unless there are like 10 mobs)

the rogue pet is the best single target dps.

yep exhume makes it insta cast. and lich form DOES add to their stats. so make sure you pop lich form before you ETC if it's up to do so. the next time ETC is up you won't have lich form ready yet, pop it anyway. key to getting good dps is to use your cooldowns on cooldown.

+ Reply to Thread