+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 51pt Warlock PvP Guide

Default 51pt Warlock PvP Guide

Hi Guys, I have had a few questions recently about the specs I am using for PvP in 1.4 so heres another guide for anyone interested:

http://bluedots.org/2011/08/17/pvp-warlock-1-4/

Thanks again to Bluedot for hosting it somewhere I can keep it updated.
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

Very nice guide, as awesome as your Chlorolock one.

I agree with pretty much all you said. I personally skip macros, though I think I'm going to get the stopcast macro. Always wanted to make one but forgot about it ^^ Kind of used to "side stepping" (or whatever direction) to cancel it.

Additionally I do not agree fully at what you said about AoE. Basically I'm very often using DS against ST. It's a mana sink for sure but it's instant without travel time and hits HARD. We all know there are fights where even the travel time of a VB can be too slow. But you somewhat talked about that anyway. Just wanted to add.

Oh and ED after dotting a target and VB -> insta DS makes for some nice "bam - dead" moments.

€: Oh and I wanted to add that I don't buy any further "Mages are UP"-QQs after you used this spec with halfway decent gear. It's ridiculous how much damage AND killing potential you have in this spec. It's offensive, so you need some healing to put it to optimal use of course.
    Last edited by Elerina; 08-17-2011 at 03:39 AM.

Thats an excellent point and i'll add it to the guide now, cheers.

yeah with this spec played properly you realy have some great dps, both on aoe and single target however you do need some support!
    Last edited by Arcanas; 08-17-2011 at 03:43 AM.
    -Cane

You forgot Rune Shield.

Yeah true, so do I repeatedly. In each and every spec :P

DS on ST is very good against Warriors who would interrupt your VB anyway (if they already are in your face. Which is the case 80% of the time for me ). And it's not unlikely my DS deals more dmg instantaneously than my VB would have done.

Oh and there is the LOS thing. Obvious to many but maybe not to all. VB needs you to have LOS to your target, while DS needs LOS to it's aoe center. Think about it
    Last edited by Elerina; 08-17-2011 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GLopez View Post
    You forgot Rune Shield.
    No I didnt, I ignored it because it is totally worthless.
    -Cane

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanas View Post
    What I don't think is totally worthless is Detaunt. I suppose it's so commonplace in PvP builds that it is obvious - but it certainly warrants a mention in your suvivability section, no?

Can't wait to try the spec...I've always been fascinated with 51 lock.

Thanks.
    Last edited by EcoDragon; 08-17-2011 at 02:51 PM.

Plane Walker

To Eco I have been having problems with Detaunt because of Warlock Armor hitting the target thus causing damage and Detaunt wearing off, does this not happen to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanas View Post
    lmao... No.

Rift Chaser

Who seriously uses archon for 0pt soul in PVP unless PS is your main nuke? (eg: 51 dom)

pyro or SC are far better choices for a 0pt 3rd soul for a 51 lock.

Detaunt is kinda usless here also, warlock armour = wasted detaunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashenne View Post
    Who seriously uses archon for 0pt soul in PVP unless PS is your main nuke? (eg: 51 dom)

pyro or SC are far better choices for a 0pt 3rd soul for a 51 lock.
    Are you joking?

PS can be stacked on dummies prior to a warfront and gives +40 spellpower and 40 crit!

the idea of this spec is stack as much spellpower as possible so your empowered darkness gets bigger bonus leading to insane amounts of damage!

For the same reason I use powerstones with this spec, the dmg gained from extra spellpower is multiplied!

You'd take a crappy instant cast nuke or knockback? i'd take more damage on my main rotation skills!
    -Cane

Ascendant

you know, that and each stack of searing vit can be dispelled. 5 stack -> warlock armor = 3-6 purges to wipe it, also applies to neddras and shadow life.

Soulwalker

I would take Archon as my 0-point tree over Pyro or SC any day of the week.

As Arcanas pointed out - PS gives 40 spell power and crit. A nice little boost for zero investment. Lasts 5 minutes so easy to keep up (assuming you are somewhat geared/decent at your class and don't die every 5 seconds like half the bads in WFs). Queue for WFs near the dummies so you can stack it up before you enter. And SV is a 50 stam buff that stacks with Neddra's Might. Now I don't know about you Ashenne, but I'd consider that to be pretty significant survivability boost in pvp.

And Stimuz, if they are going to waste GCDs to wipe my Archon buffs, fantastic! Ive just loaded them up with dots in the meantime and now Devouring Shadows is raining down on them for 2.5k a tick.
    Last edited by eyedol47; 08-17-2011 at 08:52 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by eyedol47 View Post
    And Stimuz, if they are going to waste GCDs to wipe my Archon buffs, fantastic! Ive just loaded them up with dots in the meantime and now Devouring Shadows is raining down on them for 2.5k a tick.
    I was listing it as a pro. I know this spec pretty well since I've been running it as one of my main 3 PvP specs since 1.1.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
    I was listing it as a pro. I know this spec pretty well since I've been running it as one of my main 3 PvP specs since 1.1.
    Ahh ok no problems. The way I read your post it seemed like you were saying that Archon buffs being able to be dispelled was a negative.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast