+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any way to downgrade your spells/skills after you've mistakenly purchased them?

Ascendant

Default Any way to downgrade your spells/skills after you've mistakenly purchased them?

E.g. Since Fireball Rank 1 has 2 sec base casting speed, its superior to highest rank fireball (2.5sec casting) DPS wise due to casting speed?

This is probably an isolated issues coz mage designed are screwed other calling please skip this thread.

Rift Disciple

you know what annoys me about that, that would imply that cast time = high peak damage.. but we all know how untrue that is, in this game cast time = slower cast and lower peak damage, instants hit as hard as 4 sec casts :P

i wonder why they did that to the fireball spell
    i7 2600k @5.6 1.45v load line extreme
    p8pdelux phase exetreme
    crucial SSD 355 mbs read 70/write
    samsung 2tb hdd
    2x Hd5970 toxic 1000/1200 (only 2 gpu in use for rift)
    8gb ddr3 corsair vengance
    win7 64bit

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by direwind View Post
    i wonder why they did that to the fireball spell
    Probably because a level 1 pyro would be screwed if his only spell was a 2.5 second cast.

I've wondered about using downgraded Archon Auras for personal gain. They wouldn't sap as much from you but you would still get the bonus of having them active. Of course that would be a pretty contrived build and you couldn't then have a real Archon build if you needed one.

+ Reply to Thread