+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage DOTs seem too weak

Default Mage DOTs seem too weak

This goes for pretty much every single mage soul. Yes, the DOTs are almost always worth it in PVE, but they seem fairly timid in PVP. As someone who played warlock for a bit in WOW, this seems a little strange to me, especially for the souls that are supposed to be more based on DOTs, like warlock and necromancer.

Anyone else agree?
    Last edited by GLopez; 08-17-2011 at 02:29 AM.

Rift Disciple

they are not only weak, they tick to slowly in such a fast pase game, they can also be removed instantly it isnt fund trying to kill anyone as dot class witha chloro healing and dot removing.
    i7 2600k @5.6 1.45v load line extreme
    p8pdelux phase exetreme
    crucial SSD 355 mbs read 70/write
    samsung 2tb hdd
    2x Hd5970 toxic 1000/1200 (only 2 gpu in use for rift)
    8gb ddr3 corsair vengance
    win7 64bit

nothing new to read here, this is already known.

also since necrolock has mostly low dmg ticking dots and no real burst he should have far better suvivability.

I wish we could get rid of Neddras Essence every 3 mins and get a passive 15%, selfheals do nothing since all warriors rogues easily debuff healin by 50%

edit: or also gain dmg reduction as long you have a necro pet active.
    Last edited by Zilvereen; 08-17-2011 at 02:42 AM.

I don't think the dots are too weak, it's just that 1. they are purgable 2. they take too long to deal their full damage and 3. clerics have no trouble at all healing dots because of the nicely spread damage. When I play against a warrior/rogue/mage, with no cleric backing them up, the dots are doing fine.

Rift Disciple

i was looking out the window watching my dog, the dog had explosive diraerra, then i came to me, how to fix dot damage.

we dont need more damage per tick, or faster tick damage.

WE NEED the ability to explode all dots on the target, meaning you place all your dots, you could leave them on the target to tick away for steady damage, or you could detonate them all for quick burst, this would be a necro skill, also necros should have the ability to detonate their pet at will, causing 100% of the pets health in damage and losing the ability to summon a pet for 30 sec.

another skill i would like is the ability to explode a corpses at will rather then a dot, would be fun in pvp to kill someone then explode the body
    i7 2600k @5.6 1.45v load line extreme
    p8pdelux phase exetreme
    crucial SSD 355 mbs read 70/write
    samsung 2tb hdd
    2x Hd5970 toxic 1000/1200 (only 2 gpu in use for rift)
    8gb ddr3 corsair vengance
    win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by GLopez View Post
    This goes for pretty much every single mage soul. Yes, the DOTs are almost always worth it in PVE, but they seem fairly timid in PVP. As someone who played warlock for a bit in WOW, this seems a little strange to me, especially for the souls that are supposed to be more based on DOTs, like warlock and necromancer.

Anyone else agree?
    Even in pve they aren't amazing. A pure warlock build doesn't fly: it's the pet that makes it work, dots alone won't do it. (of course, in this silly game, you need a pet for just about any build. Pure nuking builds don't fly either.)

+ Reply to Thread