+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: best subspec for 51 archon?

Rift Chaser

Default best subspec for 51 archon?

pyro for cast time reduction, +5% fire dmg and ground of power?
    elem for +5% crit, -10% dmg taken and some AE damage (burning ground)?
    chloro for bloom, RS, and potential instant cleanse/nature's conversion?
    necro for offensive dispel, heal debuff, and some AE damage (grave rot)?
    lock for more charge, opportunity and potentially more health?
    SC for AE?
    a combination of these?

What is your raiding archon subspec and why?
    Last edited by Ashenne; 08-16-2011 at 10:25 PM.

Champion

Just depends on the fight and your gear.

If you are just starting raiding, as an Archon you should go for max mitigation because there are some fights where being an Archon just makes it harder to stay alive, period (for example, Hylas).

If you're going for max DPS, then Dom/Pyro should be your subs.

There are other fights where you need utility things, like reflect shields or instant blooms.
    Last edited by FireWraith; 08-16-2011 at 10:28 PM.

GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

Rift Chaser

We're in HK...

more interested in seeing in how other raiding archons are speccing.

I also note i forgot to include Dom in the original list, for reflect and passive +int, potentially also Deny, AOE interrupt.
    Last edited by Ashenne; 08-16-2011 at 10:33 PM.

Champion

Depends on the boss then. Our Archon usually has 3 different Archon specs.

The main one is a 9/6 Dom/Pyro, I believe, but I know for a fact he has a Warlock one for fights where Power Drain needs maximum up time.
    Last edited by FireWraith; 08-16-2011 at 10:36 PM.

GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

Rift Disciple

I raid as 51 arch, 5 Lock 10 Dom.

The 5 points in Dom for More Charge gain. Makes Fights like Hylas a breeze, Especially If I **** up and dont pay attention just before he Critters everyone and have **** for charge...

10 Dom because you gain some Nice utility like Spell reflect / arresting presence and Deny.

Doesn't focus on dps, but then again I am one of those players that plays support to well. Support.

lgw

11 Dom, because it's the easiest way to bring some big utility to your raid.
    4 Pyro or 4 WL depending on your taste - I usually recommend 4 Pyro because you time Power Drain per encounter requirement and by then can build up enough Charge one way or another.
    ... aka schoklat. PVP nerd - gaming vet.
    First of slackers, herder of trolls.
    Wildstar PVP inc

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Desidus View Post
    I raid as 51 arch, 5 Lock 10 Dom.

The 5 points in Dom for More Charge gain. Makes Fights like Hylas a breeze, Especially If I **** up and dont pay attention just before he Critters everyone and have **** for charge...

10 Dom because you gain some Nice utility like Spell reflect / arresting presence and Deny.

Doesn't focus on dps, but then again I am one of those players that plays support to well. Support.
    Going warlock + Dom is counter-intuitive.

9 Dom, 6 pyro for most fights, have a 10 ele spec I keep around incase survivability becomes an issue. Charge is never really a problem, since I keep 20 or so charge pots handy for oshi moments.

Edit: stupid android autocorrect
    Last edited by Araenn; 08-18-2011 at 08:09 PM.
    Windstorm - Mage - Faeblight US
    Hi, I'm back!
    Faeblight since CB3

Telaran

Why is warlock/dom a bad idea? Powerdrain knocks off 10% of the bosses damage. Do you know how fantastic that is for Hylas/Murdantix when you are removing 300-500dps to the raid as a whole. ANd whats better is having it up 60% of the time instead of 40%.

Warlock for Magical Affinity. Then utilize it. At full charge, pop off Rockslide. From that point forward, keep your buffs up, and use your rotation/macro. From that point forward, whenever you have full charge, and given the fight and circumstance, use Flaring Power and Power Drain. Primarily Power Drain. Pop that on the moment you have full charge.

After that, I go 10 points in dom for the intelligence bonus.

Keeping Power Drain up as often as possible will maximize your dps much better than having some odd points in Pyro for the bonus fire damage.

Plane Touched

11 points in Dom for Arresting Presence and the int.

4 points in Necro for plague bolt and replace pillaging stone with plague bolt. Your necro/locks will love you long time if you run with more than 2. You'll bring more DPS to the table through their pets than any "personal dps" spec an archon can do.
    Eldritch Knight Brod - 50 Mage Rank 8 Briarcliff

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Brod View Post
    4 points in Necro for plague bolt and replace pillaging stone with plague bolt. Your necro/locks will love you long time if you run with more than 2. You'll bring more DPS to the table through their pets than any "personal dps" spec an archon can do.
    interesting idea, as long as DC stacks are specific to the target rather than the caster.

11 necro would also get you GR (extra AE dmg is always welcome), offensive dispel, heal debuff plus 100% proc chance PB, which would also leave you 4 for either pyro cast time decrease and fire armour or lock for more charge.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ashenne View Post
    interesting idea, as long as DC stacks are specific to the target rather than the caster.

11 necro would also get you GR (extra AE dmg is always welcome), offensive dispel, heal debuff plus 100% proc chance PB, which would also leave you 4 for either pyro cast time decrease and fire armour or lock for more charge.
    The stacks are stripped by other necro pets with blood spike. Tested on dummy with an archon. Looked at several parses and the damage breakdown of the pets is significantly higher than without. Only the archon can see the stacks since they're his, but they are shared by all the pets.

I'm fairly sure 9 necro 6 pyro would net higher damage compared to 11 dom 4 necro, this is ofc sacrificing Arresting Presence, which I don't feel I need

I actually hadn't tried using Plague Bolt for Archon after they fixed Deadly Plague, the personal damage loss is very minor compared to pillaging stones it seems. but from the tests I did myself grave rot and plague bolt on opportunity proc where actual dps increases (higher dpct) compared to void bolts, so what's the use?
    it's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Pendu View Post
    I'm fairly sure 9 necro 6 pyro would net higher damage compared to 11 dom 4 necro, this is ofc sacrificing Arresting Presence, which I don't feel I need

I actually hadn't tried using Plague Bolt for Archon after they fixed Deadly Plague, the personal damage loss is very minor compared to pillaging stones it seems. but from the tests I did myself grave rot and plague bolt on opportunity proc where actual dps increases (higher dpct) compared to void bolts, so what's the use?
    The 11 dom was just for utility purposes, like Herald. I haven't found much use for it in anything in HK yet. The Necro part is still amazing for the deathly calling part for the other mages in the raid.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast