+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with Dom Build plz

Telaran

Default Help with Dom Build plz

OK so i was in the 40s Pvp doing some Codex and a Mage forgot the name but the guy was Dominating(pun) our whole raid.

I have no idea what build he was but he did have at least 26pts in Dom and he would cast Raging Storm. Also he would do some instant heal once in a while.

So is this a Dom/SC build with some Chloro? i have never seen something like this is this a common build? he was only lvl 42 and destroying people.

Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Telaran

thanks. Is this a common build? he was instant squirreling people and owning people pretty easily.

He was owning people because they insisted on running with storm shackle, which also happens to crit more often in his case. Using abilities with TI and being unable to catch him with Ride the wind.

Game changes a bit at 50 and the damage output in PVP is nerfed against higher valor targets, as well as, some counter builds becoming more viable. Solid rogue counters to the build do not become available till the rogue reaches P4.

This is not a typical build, I would call this as replacing 18 AM with SC in the 32 dom 18 am 16 Chloro build. Though it does have added utility in the electro-debuff masking his Dom control mechanics, and the on-demand speed buff from SC is very nice.

I would say that 32 dom is common, 16 SC is less common, and 8 chloro is much less common (usually around 18 or 32 or 51).
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Quote Originally Posted by Hethroin View Post
    He was owning people because they insisted on running with storm shackle, which also happens to crit more often in his case. Using abilities with TI and being unable to catch him with Ride the wind.

Game changes a bit at 50 and the damage output in PVP is nerfed against higher valor targets, as well as, some counter builds becoming more viable. Solid rogue counters to the build do not become available till the rogue reaches P4.

This is not a typical build, I would call this as replacing 18 AM with SC in the 32 dom 18 am 16 Chloro build. Though it does have added utility in the electro-debuff masking his Dom control mechanics, and the on-demand speed buff from SC is very nice.

I would say that 32 dom is common, 16 SC is less common, and 8 chloro is much less common (usually around 18 or 32 or 51).
    My leveling pvp build was similar. Instead of Chloro though, I was in Archmage 5% and I had a pocket healer the whole time. Stormcaller Dom wrecks levels 0-49. It still wrecks level 50+ too, but the gap between it and other classes is huge when you they no damage/crit reduction.
    Menaace - P50 Mage, Annihilator, Executioner, <MMAC> Guild Leader
    Talent has no gearscore
    MMAC vs Vinco 20v20
    Menaace 1.7, 5-Spec, PvP VIDEO
    MMAC vs TFS 10v10's Episode 1 (with commentary)

Telaran

what kind of spec did you use for your 30s and 40s lvl bracket? im 37 atm i just happen to see that other mage whooping tail while i was on my rogue.

Champion

Dominator is the anti-derp build.

Anyone who is either...

1) Doesn't understand what Dominator skills do
    2) Stupid

... will get absolutely crushed by Dominator. But against people who actually know how to counter them, they are not good. If a player knows when they shouldn't move, shouldn't attack, etc etc, all they have to do is wait a second for the debuffs to go away, and then the Dominator is completely screwed while they wait for their CDs to come up.

Dominator has almost no damage capability that isn't hinged on the enemy being stupid (or on a 2m cooldown). If the enemy is smart, they do almost no damage.

But that's also why Dominators are amazing for large scale PvP, which is often extremely chaotic. A single 51 Dominator can turn a fight.
    Last edited by FireWraith; 08-19-2011 at 03:21 PM.

GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

Telaran

ok so trying out this dominator thing i did not realize there are soo freaking many Debuffs. Are they all useful? are some just a waste of a global or what? this is crazy.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Hated73 View Post
    ok so trying out this dominator thing i did not realize there are soo freaking many Debuffs. Are they all useful? are some just a waste of a global or what? this is crazy.
    yes they are all useful in certain situations. when i play my dom spec, i use all of them. if u wanna be an effective dom, learn to hotkey everything and practice.

+ Reply to Thread