+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Guide: ACT useful beyond parsing DPS. (Triggers)

Plane Touched

Default Guide: ACT useful beyond parsing DPS. (Triggers)

Ok so I have had a bunch of people ask how I use ACT to let me know when my Warlock Armor has been purged, or removed.

This functionality is built into ACT, so as long as you have ACT working with Rift it's very easy to do.
    Log into the game, and load act. Make sure you have combat text displayed. Buff yourself with BUFF1, then rebuff yourself with BUFF1. In the combat text you should see a string like:

Mesk's Warlock Armor fades blah blah.

(I'm at work so if someone can get the actual string let me know)

Now go into ACT, and go to the Triggers/Sound tab.

You should see a field labeled Regular Expression, for simplicity sake just fill this field in with

.*?Mesk's Warlock Armor fades.*

Then switch the Custom trigger to TTS (Text to speech) and type the name of the buff, you may want to play with this a big so that the speech is accurate.

Click Add/Edit, and make sure the checkbox next to it in the pane below is checked. It's as simple as that.

You can test this in game by casting the buff and recasting it, you should hear the TTS play, if it does not then you will want to try again.

Anyone that has every played EQ2 and used act should be very familiar with this, also some powerful functionality some people may enjoy using is Timers.

I suggesting playing around with this, as it could be used to display a nice little countdown of your CD timers etc. I haven't really found a big need for Timers in this game, aside from a few raid bosses, but as I PvP mostly it's not nearly as useful as the triggers.

Example of triggers in action at 00:19
    Mesk
    [Lunchbox Bandits]

Ascendant

heh, this brings back eq2 memories.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    heh, this brings back eq2 memories.
    Yeah, no kidding Triggers and Timers used to be so widely used in EQ2. Seems like a lost art on these newer games.
    Mesk
    [Lunchbox Bandits]

+ Reply to Thread