+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Mage Gear BiS - All gear through DH, new T1 gear, PvP R8 and PvP Synergy

Telaran

Default Mage Gear BiS - All gear through DH, new T1 gear, PvP R8 and PvP Synergy

This is a PvE weighted spreadsheet. The weights are on the second tab. Hammerknell items and plaque gear are still missing from the list. I will added that tonight.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...RaQ2c&hl=en_US

Some things to note:
    I have included ideal PvP gear synergy setup (preserve focus of head and gloves so use shoulder, chest, legs feet).
    PvP Synergy values included four item bonus (endurance and spell power). The bonus is split evenly across all items.
    I have included the two new T1 rings only with set bonus (without set bonus they aren't that good). The set bonus is split evenly across all items.
    I have included the new xIT healing wand with max stack proc of 45sp. This is easy to maintain in raid/AoE healing situations.

Let me know what you think. Corrections and omissions are welcome too.

Thanks
    Last edited by Piece of Shoe; 08-16-2011 at 10:16 AM.

Nice job. I was looking for something like this that was updated for 1.4. Ty!
    Your (not so)friendly neighborhood Mage

Plane Touched

Your list assumes everyone needs the focus of every single item.

Also you list the sp/crit ration as 1:2.5, where most of the math I've seen and done is 1:4 until reaching a certain sp threshold, then it remains between 1:3 and 1:4.

Telaran

Default one size does not fit all

Quote Originally Posted by Ravara View Post
    Your list assumes everyone needs the focus of every single item.

Also you list the sp/crit ration as 1:2.5, where most of the math I've seen and done is 1:4 until reaching a certain sp threshold, then it remains between 1:3 and 1:4.
    I do make assumptions that, for me, feel right based on my current raid buffed SP/SC and the SC soft cap. Hammerknell makes focus important, to me, again.

The spreadsheet can easily be downloaded as an excel document. Do that and change the weightings to your heart's content and re-sort (item# and score).
    Last edited by Piece of Shoe; 08-16-2011 at 11:50 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Really not liking how PVP gear is better than relics/raid epics - kind of makes me think whats the point of raiding if its not even for the best gear...

I'm on a PVP server and so obviously don't mind PVP - I do the odd warfront/PVP rift and occasionally even the dailies but the amount I do it'll be a year before I'm R8 as I don't consider endless PVP farming at all which is now what I'd have to do if I want BiS items

Yeah Try re evaluating essences more correctly because there some very nice once you did not include greater essences but other than that it is aswome great works thank you!
    Last edited by Kelltas; 08-16-2011 at 01:26 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTrickle View Post
    Really not liking how PVP gear is better than relics/raid epics - kind of makes me think whats the point of raiding if its not even for the best gear...

I'm on a PVP server and so obviously don't mind PVP - I do the odd warfront/PVP rift and occasionally even the dailies but the amount I do it'll be a year before I'm R8 as I don't consider endless PVP farming at all which is now what I'd have to do if I want BiS items
    You don't have to do any PVP to get best in slot at the moment. Full T3 + a single HK drop is more SP than Rank 6 with a Synergy Crystal. P7/8 is HK level epics, and obviously isn't better than HK level gear. Even then, it'll still take quite a long time to get all the P8 gear. Yes, some people managed to get a large amount of PVP gear over the past couple weekends. But full P8 is still a long way off for someone that wasn't already favor capped in full R6 gear at the beginning of the X4 whitefall madness a couple weeks ago.

It's not better. But it's easier to get (for a certain segment of very avid players) at the moment. That's the disparity.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTrickle View Post

The prestige 7/8 items are supposed to be on par or slightly below hammerknell items, which aren't part of this spreadsheet. And I can tell you that any hammerknell item is far better than any item in that list save the prestige 7/8 stuff.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Champion

It's not clear that non-relic HK gear is going to be better when you consider the PvP synergy crystal you get from R7/R8 (seriously, 200 spell power is ridiculous).

I'm not sure what Trion was thinking with not giving Raid Tier 1 gear a synergy crystal of some sort. Hopefully they fix it.

GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

Shadowlander

Thank for work. And separate gratitude for making sc, sp, int, end ration tunable.

Mav
    Shadowlander

doc is locked now?

Mav
    Shadowlander

nvm
    /10chars

Soulwalker

i got a glimpse of this yesterday thanks to a guild member, but as i went to look at it today it's locked

Soulwalker

extremely accurate data from hard math, take it or leave it.

necrolock 1sp = 4.6sc
    stormcaller ST 1sp = 3.3sc
    stormcaller aoe 1sp = 2.7sc
    pyro/ele ST 1sp = 2.5sc

Shadowlander

Default i didnt see my ring on there

i didnt see the ring i got off dolin there. I might have jsut not seen it i was looking at the spread sheet with my phone.

Dolin's Sorcerous Ring
    int - 31
    wis - 19
    end -12
    sp- 9
    focus -45
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mage Gear BiS - All gear through DH, new T1 gear, PvP R8 and PvP Synergy-2011-08-18_182333.jpg  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast