+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ZykeZero

Thread: Arch/Dom? Oppinions please

Default Arch/Dom? Oppinions please

so i just got off Bluedots.org and didn't see a spec like this http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...qkrz.McVzVzsxM it seemed like alot more utility then the builds they had posted there just looking for an opinion on how good/bad this spec mayb between having most of the archon buffs and some pretty decent utility from dom with debuffs snairs knock backs and interrupts/reflects vs bluedots builds
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...esRfiqkrz.Vx.x
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...fiqkrz.x0o.Mcm

Rocks says paper is OP. Scissors says Nerf rock.

Telaran

useless in pve. You need the 51 archon buff to be worth using.

Until they give dom more capabilities in raids it should only be specced 10 or 11 points into.

Shadowlander

There's no reason to have a Dom in PVE, as the other poster said.

Go with the 51Arch/9Dom/6Pyro spec.

Your job is to buff/debuff, then dps as hard as you can while maintaining those buffs. Other utility is simply not needed, and thanks to synergies, you can actually dps in a mediocre fashion. Certainly more than bards or most inquisicars, etc.

Rift Chaser

51 archon with 8 in chloro (rest in pyro) for instant bloom isn't bad either for emergency lifesaving in combination with the 1K archon shield, not to mention RS procs BP.
    Last edited by Ashenne; 08-16-2011 at 10:00 PM.

Champion

51 Archon/15 Chloro actually works fairly well if you need a smidge more healing. Replace pillaging with vile spores in your macro and you'll throw out 1k heals with each vile spore hit (or take it out of your macro if you know when the high-damage parts of the fight are).

Personally, I think the 51 Archon skill is highly overrated. It helps Pyros and a couple Cleric builds and that is it. It adds a lot of DPS to the Archon though.

GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by FireWraith View Post
    51 Archon/15 Chloro actually works fairly well if you need a smidge more healing. Replace pillaging with vile spores in your macro and you'll throw out 1k heals with each vile spore hit (or take it out of your macro if you know when the high-damage parts of the fight are).
    Bad idea cause your LGV prevents you receiving other chloro's LGV procs.

Personally, I think the 51 Archon skill is highly overrated. It helps Pyros and a couple Cleric builds and that is it. It adds a lot of DPS to the Archon though.
    Read the tooltip again.

I think there is an argument for 51 archon/XX chloro being the dedicated RS-er because it procs BP, and having bloom comes in handy often, but that's about it.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Ashenne View Post

Read the tooltip again.

I think there is an argument for 51 archon/XX chloro being the dedicated RS-er because it procs BP, and having bloom comes in handy often, but that's about it.
    Depends on the fight. And raid composition.
    Last edited by FireWraith; 08-16-2011 at 10:22 PM.

GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ashenne View Post

Read the tooltip again.

Why should he read the tooltip again? Instead of asking him to read it again why don't you just post it so we can reply immediately instead of booting up rift to see if you are right or not.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by ZykeZero View Post
    Why should he read the tooltip again?
    because laziness is a sure path to stupidity. not to mention there are dozens of online resources that faithfully reproduce the tooltips of all rift abilities.

Telaran

So you are too lazy to post the tooltip, and you call him lazy for not going to read it.

K.

Rift Chaser

I don't need to post the tooltip, because I know what it says.

Telaran

Then you were too lazy to type it out. So instead of being helpful you decide to be pretentious. k.

Archon without BP shouldn't even be in the raid. Ever.

BP is one of the primary sources of your own DPS (which in a proper build is not insignificant) and benefits some types of DPS, and the majority types of healers. While extra utility is a good thing, the "martyrdom" mechanics that archon utilizes are usually unsuited to
    Mixing well with other souls.
    Last edited by Araenn; 08-18-2011 at 08:27 PM.
    Windstorm - Mage - Faeblight US
    Hi, I'm back!
    Faeblight since CB3

Shadowlander

Default ..

before HK I always ran 9dom/51arch/6pyro. In HK i find myself using 11ele/51arch/4pyro. I guess i could change it to a 10ele 5 pyro idk.

either way I just cant afford to die. when your archon or bard goes down its almost as bad if not worse than your top dps going down. It cant happen, especialy in a progression scenario.
    Last edited by paintjunkie; 08-18-2011 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paintjunkie View Post
    before HK I always ran 9dom/51arch/6pyro. In HK i find myself using 11ele/51arch/4pyro. I guess i could change it to a 10ele 5 pyro idk.

either way I just cant afford to die. when your archon or bard goes down its almost as bad if not worse than your top dps going down. It cant happen, especialy in a progression scenario.
    Can't be a support if your dead :-D Follow link in sig for my build I've been using since i started raiding.
    (Bswish Mage) (Zairnix Rouge) (Fairen Cleric) S:Laethys
    Pre-SL: Pre-T3 Conq, IF/PF Cleared TDQ: 4/4 FT: 4/4 EE 5/5 HM 1/4 GA 2/4

+ Reply to Thread