+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage 1.4 : Stormcaller Build/Rotation.

Soulwalker

Default Mage 1.4 : Stormcaller Build/Rotation.

Hi there,

I was wondering what could be the best SC Build since 1.4 update was released.

I'm used to SC34/ELE32 but now, I Try use this one : SC44/DOM10/ELE12

Tell me what you think about it please.
    What for you would be the best between, this one and the classic 34/32 SC/ELE.

When i used the classic one, with Intensify Elements, my Lightning strike hits Like 6K+.
    When now, i use Lightning Strike followed directly by Lightning Burst, They Both hits ( Cumulated ) like 8K5 or 9K every rotation.

The Rotation here is : Exposure>Thunderbolt>Deadly Shards> Lightning Strike> Lightning Burst> Raging Storm ( to Refresh the 3 Electrify Stacks ). and then as i have enought Seconds remaining with Deadly Shards and Exposure, i direcly do Lightning Strike> Lightning Burst.

Only after the second Lightninb burst i restart the rotation from the beginning.

So. Every Opinion appreciated. Thanks

Soulwalker

Hi,

Did you tried to parse the two spec and compare on same raid's boss?

Quote Originally Posted by The Blur View Post
    Hi there,

I was wondering what could be the best SC Build since 1.4 update was released.

I'm used to SC34/ELE32 but now, I Try use this one : SC44/DOM10/ELE12

Tell me what you think about it please.
    What for you would be the best between, this one and the classic 34/32 SC/ELE.

When i used the classic one, with Intensify Elements, my Lightning strike hits Like 6K+.
    When now, i use Lightning Strike followed directly by Lightning Burst, They Both hits ( Cumulated ) like 8K5 or 9K every rotation.

The Rotation here is : Exposure>Thunderbolt>Deadly Shards> Lightning Strike> Lightning Burst> Raging Storm ( to Refresh the 3 Electrify Stacks ). and then as i have enought Seconds remaining with Deadly Shards and Exposure, i direcly do Lightning Strike> Lightning Burst.

Only after the second Lightninb burst i restart the rotation from the beginning.

So. Every Opinion appreciated. Thanks
    Here is my problem with using LB (Lightning Burst) in PVE:

It removes your debuffs ... that and causes you to lose IE + Tempest.

I highly suspect that losing the 3-stack of electrified is a DPS every time.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Telaran

You are doing like 5k crit with lightning strike and 3k with burst? As opposed to 6k crit lightning strike and 6k ice blast crit?

Okay, it makes sense I totally get you /sarcasm/

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ZykeZero View Post
    You are doing like 5k crit with lightning strike and 3k with burst? As opposed to 6k crit lightning strike and 6k ice blast crit?

Okay, it makes sense I totally get you /sarcasm/

I do like 3K5 with LS and 4K5, 5K with LB. = Nearly 9k.

And only 6K with LS in SC/ELE. But after LS I usually spammed : CloudBurst like 2K5 3K+.

Telaran

But you aren't using building storm, you could be throwing down building storm and hitting ice burst for another 6k plus filling in with 3k cloudburst hits.

Soulwalker

By Ice Blast you mean Artic Blast right ?

And with Building Storm, it's with SC/Ele ?

Rift Chaser

You need to fill in the gap between Raging Storm Cooldowns with the highest possible DPS abilities to even test this.

So far 44SC/anything has been a waste of time in PvE and PvP.

Soulwalker

And so, what would be the best choice for a Rotation in SC/ele ?

Quote Originally Posted by NerfMePlease View Post

You need to fill in the gap between Raging Storm Cooldowns with the highest possible DPS abilities to even test this.

So far 44SC/anything has been a waste of time in PvE and PvP.
    While I currently do not run 44 SC in pvp, I did give this a try.

Right around the 20 second mark from combat-start you (1300 spell power mage) can drop around 7k damage with 2 casts (BS-AB + LB) onto a 900 valor target. Or around 6k LS + LB at the 10 second mark. The problem with the build is that the only defense it has come from Ride the Wind or snare based CC, there is nothing there to stop a MM from pelting you to death and doms/VKs become a serious problem between reflects and full cleanses.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Soulwalker

The thing is, I dot not play PvP at all ^^ I'm a PVE guy. But Thanks for participating to this Thread.

The i was wondering with the idea of Building Storm.

It's cool i hit 11K+ with LS+AB. Don't forget to spam CloudBurst. Only Every 2 minutes.

But It's only when Intensify Elements is up. At opposed i can hit 8K+ every rotation with the SC44.

+ Reply to Thread