+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage Mainhand pre 50

Telaran

Default Mage Mainhand pre 50

I'm playing a level 38 mage and was wondering if anyone knows some decent mainhand caster weapons and tomes. I'd prefer a sword, but daggers work too. I've been through databases like Zam, but most of them don't have information on where the items actually drop. Staffs annoy me and I like the animation of a mage reading the book while casting. Thanks.

Prophet of Telara

During my entire 0-50 level of my mage I only once had a main/off hand combo as opposed to a staff and this was about ~lvl 40 (for about 2-3 levels) when I started doing Moonshade Highlands. (It wasn't a book it was a skull totem).

Admittidely I did hardly any normal instances (dps lfg times pre 1.4 were not worth waiting!) so might have missed most but 90% of all quest rewards are staffs so best hope is to farm the appropriate level instances. That said from post lvl50 experience most totems (especially books) seem to be aimed at clerics with more wisdom than intelligence.
    Last edited by AlexTrickle; 08-16-2011 at 05:34 AM.

Soulwalker

Got both a tomb and a sword during a dungeon run at around level 35. My advice is to do the highest dungeon you can at the time, as you will usually upgrade a lot of your gear from the drops.

Telaran

Thanks.

/10char

+ Reply to Thread