+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Things i hate about mage "The list"

Rift Disciple

Default Things i hate about mage "The list"

i hate how we have poor armor class and damage reduction.

i hate how my CC are shrugged off or countered with min effort.

i hate how people can be immune for so long to all my CC.

i hate the fact there are more ways to enter melee range then there are to leave it.

i hate how some classes have stupid amounts of move off gcd and able to use them all at the same time.

i hate how charge doesnt share a cooldown with other moves of the same type.

i hate how other melee dps classes are able to match my rdps with instants

i hate how i have to put up with silence, manna drain, interupts, stuns, fears, setbacks while other classes like warriors only have to worry about the rare disarm poly and fear. since domin got nerfed.

i hate how we use cloth, we depend on cc but the game is made around melee with the ability to bypass all defences and kiting tricks with little effort.

I hate how some classes can be fully macroed to one button, while mages have to use their whole keyboard and buy a razer naga to be able to use half thier skills.

i hate how the math of the game works, 2 sec cast does not mean more damage, it means you will die and deal less damage then an instant attack.

i hate the lack of mage mobiltiy, and how every nerf even those not directed at the mage have a huge effect on the class as a whole.

i hate how we can be locked down the second anyone gets into melee, due to lack on viable instant defence over all souls.

i hate how we have no form of manna shield other then the pvp soul skill that is way to high in the tree for anyone to get.

i hate how mages are told they do burst dps, but the only reason we get to even deal burst is as a SC, spending cooldowns and setting up the attack over 10sec, while in 10 sec warriors would have killed 3 people.

please feel free to carry this on
    i7 2600k @5.6 1.45v load line extreme
    p8pdelux phase exetreme
    crucial SSD 355 mbs read 70/write
    samsung 2tb hdd
    2x Hd5970 toxic 1000/1200 (only 2 gpu in use for rift)
    8gb ddr3 corsair vengance
    win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by direwind View Post
    i hate how we have poor armor class and damage reduction.

i hate how my CC are shrugged off or countered with min effort.

i hate how people can be immune for so long to all my CC.

i hate the fact there are more ways to enter melee range then there are to leave it.

i hate how some classes have stupid amounts of move off gcd and able to use them all at the same time.

i hate how charge doesnt share a cooldown with other moves of the same type.

i hate how other melee dps classes are able to match my rdps with instants

i hate how i have to put up with silence, manna drain, interupts, stuns, fears, setbacks while other classes like warriors only have to worry about the rare disarm poly and fear. since domin got nerfed.

i hate how we use cloth, we depend on cc but the game is made around melee with the ability to bypass all defences and kiting tricks with little effort.

I hate how some classes can be fully macroed to one button, while mages have to use their whole keyboard and buy a razer naga to be able to use half thier skills.

i hate how the math of the game works, 2 sec cast does not mean more damage, it means you will die and deal less damage then an instant attack.

i hate the lack of mage mobiltiy, and how every nerf even those not directed at the mage have a huge effect on the class as a whole.

i hate how we can be locked down the second anyone gets into melee, due to lack on viable instant defence over all souls.

i hate how we have no form of manna shield other then the pvp soul skill that is way to high in the tree for anyone to get.

i hate how mages are told they do burst dps, but the only reason we get to even deal burst is as a SC, spending cooldowns and setting up the attack over 10sec, while in 10 sec warriors would have killed 3 people.
    i hate how mages got a supposed buff in 1.4 yet still it wasn't enough

i hate how were gonna get nerfed even more in 1.5

i hate how were gonna get nerfed even more in 1.6

i hate how all the mages are going to quit in 1.7

i hate how i love this thread in all its undeniable truth

I hate that the only pre-50 anti-CC spell we get is flicker which just happens to be in the absolute worst soul for pvp.

I also hate that if I use flicker to get away from a Warrior, he just teleports next to me while laughing in my face.

I further hate that while he's laughing in my face, if I cast ANY cc spell whatsoever all I see is IMMUNE...IMMUNE...IMMUNE.

I almost choke on my hate when, after seeing IMMUNE spam my screen, *I* am stunned repeatedly with no diminishing returns whatsoever until I'm dead.

I think that about sums up my experience fighting warriors with a mage.
    Last edited by Dwindarf; 08-16-2011 at 12:03 AM.
    T H E C H R O N I C L E S O F D W I N D A R F

I hate how our calling seems to be predominantly played by whiners.

-Ivas, Sunrest

Soulwalker

I hate the fact that there is zero communication from Trion in regards to the mage class.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
    I hate how our calling seems to be predominantly played by whiners.

-Ivas, Sunrest
    i hate how people react to others when they voice a valid complaint about a class that they expected alot more from.

i hate how people insult others because they disagree with what they are saying, and think they know every thing there is to know so they sit thinking everyone else is an idiot and not worth the effort.

i hate how mages are buffed with one hand and nerfed with the other so they are stuck at a balance of uselessness gor eternity
    p8pdelux phase exetreme
    samsung 2tb hdd
    win7 64bit

Prophet of Telara

Well damage reduction is something I never really expected for a mage but then for that matter naturally I wouldn't imagine rogues as tanks so seems a bit off in the respect that we are the only of four classes to not get in any spec an endurance/survival class (necrolock doesnt count!)

Regarding other things, the "immune" thing is completely unfair! So many times I've literally just st back in my chair and let my self die as there was nothing else I could do.

Now I've started a warrior alt and my god pvp is so much more fun not because i win more (expecting "oh you're just a **** mage if you don't kill") but because each fight is actually a fight rather than a mage ****!

Thats a funny one, you know that we have 1.5 seconds between each cast to decide what to do next? Considering that the amount of skills decent, but not much... these 1.5 seconds feel like an eternity to a player who never did push brainafk a macro. So there are many skills like buffs and attacks that can safely be not on a keybind.
    Last edited by FinalplayerRyu; 08-16-2011 at 02:42 AM.

Rift Disciple

i hate the fact there is no counter to charge.
    p8pdelux phase exetreme
    samsung 2tb hdd
    win7 64bit

i hate the fact there is no counter to charge.
    Squirrel, Flicker, Mass Fear, Neddra's Essence, Detaunt, Ride the Wind, Flash Freeze, TI+Transference, Burn...

Warriors got hit hard last fix-patch, to continue crying about them at this point shows ignorance and refusal to learn/invest* time in your mage.

*You are seeing gear balance issues not class issues when you get exploded in PVP.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Hethroin View Post
    Squirrel, Flicker, Mass Fear, Neddra's Essence, Detaunt, Ride the Wind, Flash Freeze, TI+Transference, Burn...

Warriors got hit hard last fix-patch, to continue crying about them at this point shows ignorance and refusal to learn/invest* time in your mage.

*You are seeing gear balance issues not class issues when you get exploded in PVP.
    While I feel there are some real mage issues there is a lot of truth here.

Honestly the main problem I have with pvp (for any class) is the ridiculous tiered system that involves all tiers past 50. The difference between a r8 and a r1 is the difference between a scullery maid and a demi-god. Class balancing doesn't really matter at that point.

Rift Disciple

that will counter one charge, however they have two charges and two cc breakers in the most used spec, the other specs have rather large range dps ect.
    p8pdelux phase exetreme
    samsung 2tb hdd
    win7 64bit

...that will counter one charge, however they have two charges and two cc breakers in the most used spec, the other specs have rather large range dps ect.
    If you were so inclined you could have 3 of those counters in your spec, maybe even 5.

In equal gear the only spec you should ever lose a 1v1 to is high VK + Champ. Everything else dies to squirrel + strorm shackle.

If you start talking about "Group Game" and "Poket Heals" then I want to point you at Ride the Wind, single most under-estimated ability a mage has to counter melee with some healing.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Rift Disciple

If you were so inclined you could have 3 of those counters in your spec, maybe even 5.

In equal gear the only spec you should ever lose a 1v1 to is high VK + Champ. Everything else dies to squirrel + strorm shackle.

If you start talking about "Group Game" and "Poket Heals" then I want to point you at Ride the Wind, single most under-estimated ability a mage has to counter melee with some healing.
    and all those CC are on the same Diminishing return, also a smart player will not move when stormS is on them, which i might add is like 80% of domins dps.

you can use all the roots and snares you want, and one charge will counter them all. you can use 1 full and one half poly before its usless, this also makes any other cc useless right after, and since they will be in your face almost instantly, be it roge teleport war teleport or charge stun, followed by attack stun followed by interupt. followed by 50% debuff to healing.

i have tried SC for the run move, its pretty good when used with void, but i still find the mobile damage low so putting it with warlock for instants i found a must, even then other instant melee moves that are ranged deal more damage...
    p8pdelux phase exetreme
    samsung 2tb hdd
    win7 64bit

and all those CC are on the same Diminishing return, also a smart player will not move when stormS is on them, which i might add is like 80% of domins dps.

you can use all the roots and snares you want, and one charge will counter them all. you can use 1 full and one half poly before its usless, this also makes any other cc useless right after, and since they will be in your face almost instantly, be it roge teleport war teleport or charge stun, followed by attack stun followed by interupt. followed by 50% debuff to healing.

i have tried SC for the run move, its pretty good when used with void, but i still find the mobile damage low so putting it with warlock for instants i found a must, even then other instant melee moves that are ranged deal more damage...
    Perhaps I'm not making myself clear.

The idea is that you combine 2 different types of CC on the target, and move away from them while they are CCed while tossing instants over the shoulder.

Example (28+ Dom/XXX/yyy):

Squirrel, Shackle (quick cast, less than GCD), move, Void Shroud, Incompetence, TI, Split Personality.

If in this case the target breaks free he will move at you and eat shackle procs (assume you have enough DPS to kill a target that RUNS at you with shackle, and spams skills with TI), or not move and wait for shackle to drop. If they sit and wait you have your void bolt, fire ball, or pillage stone + 3 ghosts to resort to. Meanwhile their CC-immunity from break free drops. After immunity falls Death's Edict to apply a quick stun and snare. Now you can run, jump, /lol, and neural prod from 30m while your ghosts nuke a snared guy who has no hope of getting within charge range.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast