+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chloro Veil Usage While Leveling

Default Chloro Veil Usage While Leveling

I'm confused. I'm leveling a mage, and wanted to try healing in dungeons. I looked at some information on Chloro healing, and it basically said, "Livegiving Veil is for raid healing, Lifebound Veil+Synergy is for tank healing."

So I've got that, but I can't quite figure out when to use Lifebound Veil or why I'd want to. Am I missing something? With Empowered Veil, my Lifegiving Veil heals for 110% of my life damage. Lifebound Veil heals for 30%, and Synergy increases that by 100% on the tank. Isn't a 100% increase only 60% of my damage? Is the extra heal from Nature's Touch so big that it makes up for the reduction in healing to the tank?

Please help me be less derpy about this. I'm clearly not understanding how it's supposed to work. In 5-man dungeons, while leveling, when should I be using Lifebound Veil?

Quote Originally Posted by Pylades View Post
    I'm confused. I'm leveling a mage, and wanted to try healing in dungeons. I looked at some information on Chloro healing, and it basically said, "Livegiving Veil is for raid healing, Lifebound Veil+Synergy is for tank healing."

So I've got that, but I can't quite figure out when to use Lifebound Veil or why I'd want to. Am I missing something? With Empowered Veil, my Lifegiving Veil heals for 110% of my life damage. Lifebound Veil heals for 30%, and Synergy increases that by 100% on the tank. Isn't a 100% increase only 60% of my damage? Is the extra heal from Nature's Touch so big that it makes up for the reduction in healing to the tank?

Please help me be less derpy about this. I'm clearly not understanding how it's supposed to work. In 5-man dungeons, while leveling, when should I be using Lifebound Veil?
    They really REALLY need to make the tooltips of those clearler... honestly, just putting "Your synthesis target recieves extra healing when this veil is active" at the end of LBV would help.

Basically to answer your question, the target of your synthesis buff gets extra healing when your using LBV, thats what makes it better for tank healing. While leveling, use LGV because it will heal yourself for more then LBV. When your in an instance, put synthesis on your tank (and that will automatical put LBV on yourself).

Quote Originally Posted by Guaritor View Post
    They really REALLY need to make the tooltips of those clearler... honestly, just putting "Your synthesis target recieves extra healing when this veil is active" at the end of LBV would help.

Basically to answer your question, the target of your synthesis buff gets extra healing when your using LBV, thats what makes it better for tank healing. While leveling, use LGV because it will heal yourself for more then LBV. When your in an instance, put synthesis on your tank (and that will automatical put LBV on yourself).
    No, no, that part I understand. I just don't see how it's better healing for the tank. To me, it looks like Lifegiving Veil heals all 5 party members for 110% of my damage, and Lifebound Veil heals the non-tanks for 30% of my damage, and the tank for 60% of my damage plus the extra heal from Nature's Touch. Is the bonus heal to my Synthesis target from Nature's Touch so big that it makes up for the drop from 110% to 60%?

No, no, that part I understand. I just don't see how it's better healing for the tank. To me, it looks like Lifegiving Veil heals all 5 party members for 110% of my damage, and Lifebound Veil heals the non-tanks for 30% of my damage, and the tank for 60% of my damage plus the extra heal from Nature's Touch. Is the bonus heal to my Synthesis target from Nature's Touch so big that it makes up for the drop from 110% to 60%?
    Synthesis increases the healing its target recieves from your LBV by 160% (what the tooltip says).

Quote Originally Posted by Guaritor View Post
    Synthesis increases the healing its target recieves from your LBV by 160% (what the tooltip says).
    Wait, does that mean that it increases the healing from 30% of your damage to 190% of your damage (ie, 30 + 160)? Or does it mean that it increases it from 30% of your damage to 78% of your damage (a 160% increase from 30%)?

If it's the first one, I now understand, and you can sing that song from My Fair Lady and dance around going, "By Jove, I think he's got it!"

Wait, does that mean that it increases the healing from 30% of your damage to 190% of your damage (ie, 30 + 160)? Or does it mean that it increases it from 30% of your damage to 78% of your damage (a 160% increase from 30%)?

If it's the first one, I now understand, and you can sing that song from My Fair Lady and dance around going, "By Jove, I think he's got it!"
    The first one, or something like it (havent looked at how exactly chloro's% modifiers stacked in a while), regardless, your synth target with lbv up gets healed for a lot. Void life heals your synth target for even more with a bonus healing tick, as does natures touch.

Ascendant

Synthesis should read 'an additional'. It adds 100% healing to the 30-60% already being healed.

Soulwalker

Same veli questions... I'll make it simple. to summarize:-

1)Lifegiving veli: Heals 90-110% of the damage you deal to your allies

2)Lifebound veli: Heals 10-30% of the damage you deal to your allies
    +Synthesis: Heals additional 100-160% to your synthesis target for the damage you deal to enemies.
    -Nature's Touch: Deals X dmg to your enemy and immediately heals your ally with the buff for 100% of the damage dealt.
    -Emphatic Bond: Your mana gets healed 20% of the damage dealt to your ally with theis buff by the enemy.

Therefore, Lifegiving veli is more for your entire group, where Lifebound veli is mainly to concentrate on a single ally (eg: tank).

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by OneLancer94; 08-15-2011 at 11:41 PM.

Soulwalker

I actually have a problem with this.

I have noticed that my Synthesis target is only healed for about 80% of my Vile Spores damage when I have Lifebound Veil up. I triple checked that they had Synthesis and I had the correct Veil, it does not heal for the 190% damage it is supposed to.

I am not sure if this is a mistake or how it is supposed to be.

From what I've noticed (and this is confirmed to be the case with Synthesis, Empowered Veil, and the like), everything that says "increases/decreases by X%" is additive. So yes, it's (30 + 160)% rather than (30 * 1.6)%.
    Last edited by Zarokima; 08-17-2011 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwitchCase View Post

I have noticed that my Synthesis target is only healed for about 80% of my Vile Spores damage when I have Lifebound Veil up. I triple checked that they had Synthesis and I had the correct Veil, it does not heal for the 190% damage it is supposed to.

After some testing, this is what I'm seeing, too. It looks like Synthesis and the Improved Synthesis are increasing the 30% by 160%, bringing us to 78%.

Before Void Life, I'm wondering if I would be better off using Lifegiving Veil.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by SwitchCase View Post

Its impossible to have Synthesis + wrong Veil up at the same time. Just casting Synth automatically buffs LBV, or changes to LBV if LGV is already up. I have two icons in my bar... Synth and LGV, that way when I'm in a raid, I don't get confused and use LBV by mistake.

That said, if tests are showing that LBV+Synth are not performing to expected specs, then please Bug Report that and your testing results. They did re-work those two Veils, so either they messed up the tooltips, or LBV is not working as intended. (I figure either one is viable, because the tooltips are a confusing mess as it is.) I don't mess with parsing, so I haven't seen hard numbers myself, but I do notice that it feels like LGV does a better job of healing a single target than LBV+Synth does.
    Last edited by Pandalerium; 08-20-2011 at 01:37 AM.

Telaran

I noticed it today too. Im lvl 25 so maybe not too high yet but lifegiving veil heals more also on tank than lifebound with syntesis up (160% buff) it is NOT additive as many ppl say - dont know if it is a bug or it should be that way. For now only bonus from lifebound + syntesis are additional spells like Nature Touch and Void life.

2 spells for a big drop in healing is not worth it imo, I hope that on 50 lvl it is better.

Soulwalker

I was looking at that as well, I wasnt impressed with Synth, at all, it seemed like LGV just worked better, but I did notice agro was more of a problem with LGV

Quote Originally Posted by Pandalerium View Post
    Its impossible to have Synthesis + wrong Veil up at the same time.
    Not true. Cast Synthesis, then Lifegiving Veil. Synthesis doesn't just go away (though it no longer has any effect). I have seen someone fail at healing because of this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast