+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bleeds - 1.4 PVP Vid#2 - Whitefall Escalation

Default Bleeds - 1.4 PVP Vid#2 - Whitefall Escalation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFy3dQ5RKRg

2nd 1.4 PVP vid is available on Youtube. Clips taken from mainly the last four days or so, exclusively Whitefall Escalation.

I definitely could've tightened up the editing some, and a few of those clips are kinda meh, but I can only stomache so much editing and scrolling through hours of Fraps recordings before I just hit upload and move on to the next.

Critiques, criticism, and feedback are welcome, Enjoy!

I liked the parts where you popped split personality and facerolled.
    Last edited by Chomag; 08-15-2011 at 01:55 PM.

Shadowlander

Another nice video, been loving this spec for a while now, got all the good CC abilities (which in turn damage as well) along with the pew pew pyro big hits.

Flicker is amazing, just amazing. Its a break free on a 20 sec cd, and it almost always works. Sometimes, even on flat ground, I hit it and stay in the same spot, but still get the snares off =)

Good work Bleeds, on your spec and your videos, I enjoy watching them immensely. Keep up the good work.

Go mages!
    Implosion R7 Mage
    Deepstrike PVP
    Hotfix#5 NOM NOM NOM WARR TEARS!

Yeah I'm loving the spec as well, thanks for bringing it on the radar for me! Lately I swap around between pyro dom, 51 dom and 51 archon for pvp, having loads of fun
    it's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society

The video is good, but not impressed with the combat. 90% of this video is you hitting Split Personality and then you nuke a player down. Show me a video where you don't have SP up and a warrior or rogues charges you or spots you. Any half way decent Mage r4 or higher can hit SP and kill someone. The trick is killing a player when you don't have SP up.
    KRISTOOGUARDIANMAGE
    ESTI EFIU SUNREST RP/PVP

GSB 5/5ROS 4/4HK 10/11

at 30 seconds and again at 1:39...was that a gremlin chasing you?

Nice to see a decent mage vid that shows more that Devouring Shadows spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Morituri View Post
    at 30 seconds and again at 1:39...was that a gremlin chasing you?
    Hhhhmm lets see. OK 30 seconds in the fight he has a warrior on him. O wait 36 seconds he hits SP. Then kills warrior and Cleric who tried to help the warrior.

1:39. Same poor warrior gets to him again. But this time SP is already up. So not only is he getting healz from the cleric behind him the rogue to his right is killing the warrior too.

Not saying Bleeds is not a good player at all. Just saying you do not realize how OP Split Personality is. When you have 3 SP hitting a target for 600-700 each. NOTHING is going to live. The only thing a player can do is Purge it.. And you will be surprised on how often that dose not happen cause you are already dead.
    Last edited by Desto; 08-15-2011 at 03:58 PM.
    KRISTOOGUARDIANMAGE
    ESTI EFIU SUNREST RP/PVP

GSB 5/5ROS 4/4HK 10/11

Quote Originally Posted by Desto View Post
    Hhhhmm lets see. OK 30 seconds in the fight he has a warrior on him. O wait 36 seconds he hits SP. Then kills warrior and Cleric who tried to help the warrior.

1:39. Same poor warrior gets to him again. But this time SP is already up. So not only is he getting healz from the cleric behind him the rogue to his right is killing the warrior too.

Not saying Bleeds is not a good player at all. Just saying you do not realize how OP Split Personality is. When you have 3 SP hitting a target for 600-700 each. NOTHING is going to live. The only thing a player can do is Purge it.. And you will be surprised on how often that dose not happen cause you are already dead.
    I was referring to the size of the dwarf. He looked seriously small.

My bad then. Sorry.. thought that was a reply to my statement.
    KRISTOOGUARDIANMAGE
    ESTI EFIU SUNREST RP/PVP

GSB 5/5ROS 4/4HK 10/11

Soulwalker

You were just popping SP all the time.. got bored
    Last edited by Deshi; 08-15-2011 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deshi View Post
    My point exactly
    KRISTOOGUARDIANMAGE
    ESTI EFIU SUNREST RP/PVP

GSB 5/5ROS 4/4HK 10/11

Quote Originally Posted by Deshi View Post
    Sorry to hear that...

But yah, there's a lot of SP in this vid, for a couple reasons.

It's all Whitefall, there's often time between fights unlike BG or something, and I tend to save my CDs for the fights that would benefit from them the most anyway. So basically, I would've had to purposefully NOT use my CD's correctly for the sake of the video. And while the point of my videos is definitely to be at least somewhat entertaining obviously, my main hope is that I show other mages stuff like... when is the best time to pop your CDs.

SP is 30 seconds long, with a minute and a half down. Again, applying that to the rhythm of warfront PVP, someone's using their Cds correctly, they they should be up for most fights.

But yeah, if the criticism is that this particular video doesn't show enough non SP combat, fair enough, I'll try to use more clips of fights where I'm without CDs next time.

But for anyone questioning the viability of this spec outside CDs, I'd disagree completely. My last two vids show plenty of non SP or HW fights, 2v1, 3v1, etc. And anyone in my battlegroup can vouch that as pyro/dom I'm generally a pretty strong contributor throughout an entire match, not just in 30 second increments.
    Last edited by Bleeds; 08-15-2011 at 04:35 PM.

I enjoy your vids alot. It is always nice to see someone running something a bit different than the norm, and doing well with it. Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by devilpeach; 08-15-2011 at 10:33 PM.

Soulwalker

First time I've posted a comment like that really, the lager can take the credit for being a bit harsh. Desto explained it a little better.

Would be nice for there not to have been quite as much cooldown usage, but guess your right it's difficult with that spec.

can i get a link to this build plz?
    Rogues do it from behind

Shunpo <Goon Squad> R8 Rogue

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast