+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Being a P1 Mage

Soulwalker

Default Being a P1 Mage

This means that I have to die 10,000,000 times until P6 where I become useful, when I don't heal ? I really don't get this mechanic, my dmg is laughable because of all the high PVP players. I can't contribute any dmg, the only thing where I put out a little bit of dmg is when I go 51 Dom and try to get 2-3 instants into the casters, so that they kill themselves... well, actually they don't kill themselves but I do some damage before I get 2-3 hitted by a warrior or rogue.

Is there any build that is actually "fun" on this level ? Or do I have to die until Iam P6 ? Any advice is very appreciated.
    Last edited by Masrad; 08-15-2011 at 10:19 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Masrad View Post
    This means that I have to die 10,000,000 times until P6 where I become useful, when I don't heal ? I really don't get this mechanic, my dmg is laughable because of all the high PVP players. I can't contribute any dmg, the only thing where I put out a little bit of dmg is when I go 51 Dom and try to get 2-3 instants into the casters, so that they kill themselves... well, actually they don't kill themselves but I do some damage before I get 2-3 hitted by a warrior or rogue.

Is there any build that is actually "fun" on this level ? Or do I have to die until Iam P6 ? Any advice is very appreciated.
    I just go for the hide in the back assisting tactic. It has worked really well for me.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

As someone playing a p7 mage and a p-almost-2 rogue I can tell you that the problem you are seeing is not calling-specific.

I would advise anyone at p1 - p4 to do your best to run a defensive-healing build. Something like 32 lock 32 chloro 2 AM. This will at worst make you less of a liability for your team and in some cases where you are left alone long enough to heals someone an asset. Nuke the squishiest and least dangerous target, meaning sometimes it's ok to kill the pet or the NPC instead of wading through 5 P6 warriors to get at their back lines. Let your team help you stay alive by popping break free and damage reduction when needed, which is often needed before you are below 30%.

The new gear released in 1.4 is somewhat crazy and there are people that are p8 already with all the gear (even some that did not conspire with the opposite faction to get there). For example I'm sitting comfortably at 1.6k Spell Power at p7; this is scheduled to travel up to 1.8k at p8. I completely expect to cast Void Bolt + Draining Bolt + Neural Prod at a fresh 50 and have my Blood Thirsty buff go off.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Ah no worries, your healing will be rather **** too with Rank 1 gear
    it's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society

Yeah, a P1 anything is just dead meat.

Gear plays a huge role in pvp, and frankly lumping all the prestige ranks together in warfronts is not a good idea. Leads to very lopsided outcomes. The queues probably do not support splitting things up to create match ups between similarly ranked players, alas.

Failing that, they ought to simply eliminate the gross disparities in gear, and make entry level pvp gear start at what is rank 3-4 today. (I almost want to say rank 5-6.) Presently the floor in gear is far too low compared to the ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Masrad View Post

no man you are wrong..... you will not be able to kill anyone even at R6. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Rift Chaser

Try 51lock/10ele/5am, I used it quite a bit at low ranks. You have dots so you can move around and not be an easy target, you have ice shield, you have a high powered nuke with empowered darkness running(the key is to wait for an opp proc, then empowered, draining bolt, lightning bolt), good CC, oh **** buttons, mana tap, some healing with reconstruct. It's a fairly complete package, but you will still die a bit due to gear gap regardless of your spec.

Prophet of Telara

spec for reflective command and spam it everytime

hide in the back and make your pet do all the attacking

simple formula for surviving in warfronts

R8 mage here and i can say Necrosis,DT,defile and your dead unless your healing soul. Go 51 cholor.15Lock as just a pvp soul and help the team by healing. I rather have a compent rank 1 over a dumb *** rank 8. You will be supprised how much healing you can do with 8-900Spell power. go get your self the wand from IT and sacred herloom do the daily raid rifts for some lessers and grab all the rank 1 gear asap. Sit back and heal your butt off you will be thanked by your team.
    Deepstrike,were the real men PvP.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by raymurda View Post
    R8 mage here and i can say Necrosis,DT,defile and your dead unless your healing soul. Go 51 cholor.15Lock as just a pvp soul and help the team by healing. I rather have a compent rank 1 over a dumb *** rank 8. You will be supprised how much healing you can do with 8-900Spell power. go get your self the wand from IT and sacred herloom do the daily raid rifts for some lessers and grab all the rank 1 gear asap. Sit back and heal your butt off you will be thanked by your team.
    This.

(maybe swap out 5 points from Warlock into the AM tree for the extra 15% to damage. either way)
    Last edited by Mazam; 08-16-2011 at 12:49 AM.

+ Reply to Thread