+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chloro Healing Nerf?

Soulwalker

Default Chloro Healing Nerf?

So, I'm not a Chloro, I'm actually our guild's MT. My main healer is a Chloro and she's been healing me since the moment I hit 50 and we started doing dungeons. Recently we had that massive overhaul of Chloro and there's been basically nothing she couldn't heal me through... until the other night. We were running xCC, which we've run numerous times before and she could barely keep me alive fighting the mobs right there at the first boss, and couldn't keep me alive while fighting the first boss. We've NEVER had trouble with this fight and I've recently tweaked my build to trim the fat and gained another 9% magic damage resistance. If anything, it should have been easier than ever.

I just want to know if anyone else has noticed some kind of stealth nerf or if that encounter got tweaked? We ran the rest of the dungeon with a bard support healing because it was necessary.

Help?
    Last edited by DangerousFat; 08-15-2011 at 09:13 AM.

Rift Chaser

I haven't noticed any ninja nerfs.

Maybe xCC got buffed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    Maybe xCC got buffed?
    That's kinda what I'm here to find out. I'm better geared with a better build and her build hasn't changed, so I see no reason we've gotten worse. lol

Shadowlander

Ran xCC last night as chloro and had zero issues healing. But Chloro healing can be very weird at times and pretty inconsistent. Were you swapping specs based on trash/boss?

I've also had some geared tanks that I hardly had to do jack on to keep them up, and other geared tanks where I'm spamming and praying for some crits and opportunity procs. I'm still not sure why there's such a huge disparity between them at times.

Plane Touched

I'm not sure what your chloro friend's gear lvl or spec is, but my mage is in full T1 Raid gear and I ran xCC last night healing as Chloro with no problems (and no support). I have played Chloro since launch, and I can tell you spells and specs have certainly changed quite a lot in that time.

Is your friend running a 51 Chloro spec, or more of a Chloro/lock spec (31/35/0)? If she is still running the old chlorolock hybrid spec from 1.2, that could explain why she is having problems keeping you alive, as that spec is mostly used for raid healing now. If she is running with a 51 Chloro spec, and using LBV, there should be no reason she cannot keep you alive in a T2.

Quote Originally Posted by DangerousFat View Post
    So, I'm not a Chloro, I'm actually our guild's MT. My main healer is a Chloro and she's been healing me since the moment I hit 50 and we started doing dungeons. Recently we had that massive overhaul of Chloro and there's been basically nothing she couldn't heal me through... until the other night. We were running xCC, which we've run numerous times before and she could barely keep me alive fighting the mobs right there at the first boss, and couldn't keep me alive while fighting the first boss. We've NEVER had trouble with this fight and I've recently tweaked my build to trim the fat and gained another 9% magic damage resistance. If anything, it should have been easier than ever.

I just want to know if anyone else has noticed some kind of stealth nerf or if that encounter got tweaked? We ran the rest of the dungeon with a bard support healing because it was necessary.

Help?
    A tank friend of mine made a joke about having a checklist to go over each time before tanking...

-Spec
    -Buffs
    -Gear

... after one time where we got halfway though xAP with him wearing full pvp gear (and then forgetting his shield for the pull after that).

So yeah, were you sure you were in the right spec, with all your buffs, and wearing all the right gear?

And was she in her right spec, with all her right buffs (lifebound veil, NOT lifegiving veil), and the right gear?

Did you possibly overlook something you had in your old build that was important, and not in your new build?
    Last edited by Guaritor; 08-15-2011 at 09:56 AM.

Soulwalker

I'll answer the Chloro questions the best I can, but I'm not intimately familiar with her build. She is a 51 Chloro and as for all her buffs and the the right veil being up, that's entirely possible that she brain-farted there, but that's really unlike her, especially after we discovered the problem and she checked everything she was doing. As for her gear, she is geared to run raids, though not fully raid-geared. I am the same way, I have the hit and toughness to run T1 Raids, but am not fully raid-geared.

As for me and my build, I have one build that I use for all trash and bosses, so I definitely didn't forget any gear. I'm religious about my buffs, I redo them before every boss and if we take a break for any reason I re-up them immediately after the break. As for my respec, it wasn't a respec in the sense that I could have derped and forgotten something major. I got rid of a reaver "Oh ****" AoE that I never needed to use and 4% damage on my DoT's (making 3 points total) and put those 3 points into Crest Mastery to get 9% extra Spell Damage resistance.

Ascendant

Well sometimes synthesis doesn't seem to work and you have to cast it again. Or people in the group keep messing up and it's harder to keep the tank healed while making sure nobody dies. Or before that someone was going support and she didn't know.

The other possibility is that you forgot to switch to your tank gear or something

Rift Disciple

It is possible the instance got bugged out. I have experienced this as a tank, dps and healer on numerous occasions with different duneons. 1 example being the treant in RoTF spamming the adds to way beyond 6 waves, so many that all i could see was red name tags.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Pricia View Post
    Well sometimes synthesis doesn't seem to work and you have to cast it again. Or people in the group keep messing up and it's harder to keep the tank healed while making sure nobody dies. Or before that someone was going support and she didn't know.

The other possibility is that you forgot to switch to your tank gear or something
    Maybe it was that synthesis issue, I'll let her know about that. As for my gear, I have a macro to switch gear sets and I only have one tank build, so I would have noticed the lack of giant glowy shield if I was in the wrong spec.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by DangerousFat View Post
    Maybe it was that synthesis issue, I'll let her know about that. As for my gear, I have a macro to switch gear sets and I only have one tank build, so I would have noticed the lack of giant glowy shield if I was in the wrong spec.
    I've had issues with this before Sometimes after PVPing all day and being in the habit of turning on Lifegiving Veil (the one good for AOE heals) I will accidentally use that one instead of Livebound Veil.

It gets worse if the mage dies but the party doesn't wipe, and then gets rezzed and fires off Lifegiving Veil with Synthesis still on the tank. Brain sees Synthesis and thinks everything is hunky dory, but then wonders why the heals aren't healing the tank as much as they should.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by HonoraryOrange View Post
    I've had issues with this before Sometimes after PVPing all day and being in the habit of turning on Lifegiving Veil (the one good for AOE heals) I will accidentally use that one instead of Livebound Veil.

It gets worse if the mage dies but the party doesn't wipe, and then gets rezzed and fires off Lifegiving Veil with Synthesis still on the tank. Brain sees Synthesis and thinks everything is hunky dory, but then wonders why the heals aren't healing the tank as much as they should.
    That definitely sounds likely as I think she casts the more group oriented one during trash because I generally need less healing there, so maybe that's it. Maybe she derped. lol

+ Reply to Thread