+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LF Domi / Chloro Guide

Default LF Domi / Chloro Guide

Searched for one couldn't find, and links to a chloro Domi guide?

My guide to playing dominator / <anything>:

READ THE TOOL-TIPS ON THE ABILITIES AND THINK ABOUT WHAT THEY DO. THINK OF A GOOD ORDER TO PUT THEM ON PEOPLE.

Also, it takes 10 dispels to get rid of Haunting Pain if you are not allowed to move.

There is no guide all the abilities are situational.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

I went to a stock trader one time, and asked him to tell me how to became a millionaire, and he told me and now I'm a millionaire too..
    Menaace - P50 Mage, Annihilator, Executioner, <MMAC> Guild Leader
    Talent has no gearscore
    MMAC vs Vinco 20v20
    Menaace 1.7, 5-Spec, PvP VIDEO
    MMAC vs TFS 10v10's Episode 1 (with commentary)

These remarks don't help and probably are boarder line against forum rules...

Insight of those who actually play the spec is invaluable like how useful is Priest Lament, Empowered Presence yay or nae and why, Mana Wrench to talent or not to talent and why. What filler? Vile Spores wit hthe speed buff or simply spam Prod. We have 3 shots before DD, what hints and advice given.

Domi has a massive amount of abilities that seem to all tap into the same DD pot. 32 or 38? What do you use from chloro? A chloro lock needs talented spores, Domi is the same?

You see there are many ways to help the community and I actually have read several posters asking and I know of more than a few Domi Chloro that are amazing players, would be great if they share?

Or is it because they fear a nurf if many play it?

Quote Originally Posted by Riftrox View Post
    These remarks don't help and probably are boarder line against forum rules...

Insight of those who actually play the spec is invaluable like how useful is Priest Lament, Empowered Presence yay or nae and why, Mana Wrench to talent or not to talent and why. What filler? Vile Spores wit hthe speed buff or simply spam Prod. We have 3 shots before DD, what hints and advice given.

Domi has a massive amount of abilities that seem to all tap into the same DD pot. 32 or 38? What do you use from chloro? A chloro lock needs talented spores, Domi is the same?

You see there are many ways to help the community and I actually have read several posters asking and I know of more than a few Domi Chloro that are amazing players, would be great if they share?

Or is it because they fear a nurf if many play it?
    Nobody fears a nerf, you just asked with a blanket wash lame "where's the strategy guide?!" post. But then you made a comeback post, with real questions. Now we can help and not make jokes.

When you are defensive you are spamming life spells and healing your team inbetween Dom CD's. Spec high enough into chloro for some great life dmg. When offensive and have a good team, you debuff/assist more instead of dps. Priest's lament is one of your most valuable assests. 32 points gets you a full heal, if you want survivability take that. You can't go 38 in Chloro, 31 Dom is required for TI.

Arresting and Reflective Presence are so obvious for solo pvp, I don't know why you would have a question about them. If you choose them, then of course Empowered presence 3/3 is obvious (tooltips)

Improved mana wrench: good for full dom's who have points to spare. If you are hybridding with chloro, points best spent elsewhere.

Neural prod is off my hotbar.
    Last edited by Menaace; 08-15-2011 at 11:48 AM.
    Talent has no gearscore
    MMAC vs Vinco 20v20

Telaran

in the lvl 40s bracket of pvp had a Dominator destroy my whole team somehow... He was running Dom with some SC and i think Chloro because he had some instant heal.

wonder what his build was he was only 42 but destroyed us...

Soulwalker

I am trying this build now:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...h.GsiuikqMfk.L

44 Domi / 18 Chlor / 4 Arch

My issue is the massive amount of spells I have and the fact that all the 'control' spells trigger diminishing. I actually did a macro:

#show Mental Shock
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Mental Shock
    cast Traitorous Influence
    cast Ruin
    cast Haunting Pain
    cast Storm Shackle
    cast Death's Edict
    cast Thunder Blast
    cast Vile Spores

With this macro my bars are full, what are the 2/3 spells you always keep on CD? All of the above?

Mental--->Haunt--->Shackle-->Spores?

Also I always keep talented radiant spores up I noticed something odd it keeps me healed amazingly well, not sure why or how but when its up and there is a group and I am spaming that macro it works amazingly well.

Ascendant

1.) get talented storm shackle
    2.) get transference & traitorous influence (even nerfed versions)
    3.) get instant squirrel, damage break, and 50% cast speed talents
    4.) get split personality talented

priest's lament is pretty much useless. the charge -> aoe silence is amazing. spell reflect is also good but I almost always use silence instead since we already have a reflect.

my dominator specs revolve around long cast spells and making use of transmorgrify cast speed increase to get them cast quickly.
    Last edited by ururu; 08-16-2011 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrotia View Post
    I am trying this build now:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...h.GsiuikqMfk.L

44 Domi / 18 Chlor / 4 Arch

My issue is the massive amount of spells I have and the fact that all the 'control' spells trigger diminishing. I actually did a macro:

#show Mental Shock
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Mental Shock
    cast Traitorous Influence
    cast Ruin
    cast Haunting Pain
    cast Storm Shackle
    cast Death's Edict
    cast Thunder Blast
    cast Vile Spores

With this macro my bars are full, what are the 2/3 spells you always keep on CD? All of the above?

Mental--->Haunt--->Shackle-->Spores?

Also I always keep talented radiant spores up I noticed something odd it keeps me healed amazingly well, not sure why or how but when its up and there is a group and I am spaming that macro it works amazingly well.
    Worst possible thing to do is to macro all those CC spells into one button.

Also think about what you are doing.

5 second stun followed by an ability-use barb? The guy is stunned, he is not hitting buttons, I would go directly to Haunting pain, followed by Shackle, followed by void shroud, and then TI.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Quote Originally Posted by Hethroin View Post
    Worst possible thing to do is to macro all those CC spells into one button.

Also think about what you are doing.

5 second stun followed by an ability-use barb? The guy is stunned, he is not hitting buttons, I would go directly to Haunting pain, followed by Shackle, followed by void shroud, and then TI.
    ^This guys knows his stuff

The post about the macro made me throw up a little. Healing is 100% situational, why one would ever macro it into a rotation I don't have the foggiest idea.

Manipulating your cast speed is the bread and butter of Dominators, and this can't really be macro'd. Dominator is such a situational class. For instance, if you are in controlled opportunity and swift control (you should be) you will using regular cc's like TM to proc swift control and DPS cc's like thunderblast (even if immune) to proc quick thinking to speed up other casts down the road... this will depend on immunity timers and what class you are fighting, every time.

Tossing TI at the start of a fight is bad. This spell wrecks melees for instance, and you should be max distance at the start of the fight and at least halfway through your bag of tricks. And at this point they aren't swinging... TI and transference are great things to drop halfway through a melee's combo point build up. If you know how to play melee, tossing TI while one is amassing attack points makes him choose "do I give up my points early and finish, or continue through my rotation and take massive dmg/power loss" and 9 times out of 10 a button mashing melee will not stop his combo with TI on him, and finish himself off. If you put an Incompetence on him after TI, he'll heal you while he does it.
    Last edited by Menaace; 08-17-2011 at 09:06 AM.
    Talent has no gearscore
    MMAC vs Vinco 20v20

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Menaace View Post
    ^This guys knows his stuff

The post about the macro made me throw up a little. Healing is 100% situational, why one would ever macro it into a rotation I don't have the foggiest idea.

Manipulating your cast speed is the bread and butter of Dominators, and this can't really be macro'd. Dominator is such a situational class. For instance, if you are in controlled opportunity and swift control (you should be) you will using regular cc's like TM to proc swift control and DPS cc's like thunderblast (even if immune) to proc quick thinking to speed up other casts down the road... this will depend on immunity timers and what class you are fighting, every time.

Tossing TI at the start of a fight is bad. This spell wrecks melees for instance, and you should be max distance at the start of the fight and at least halfway through your bag of tricks. And at this point they aren't swinging... TI and transference are great things to drop halfway through a melee's combo point build up. If you know how to play melee, tossing TI while one is amassing attack points makes him choose "do I give up my points early and finish, or continue through my rotation and take massive dmg/power loss" and 9 times out of 10 a button mashing melee will not stop his combo with TI on him, and finish himself off. If you put an Incompetence on him after TI, he'll heal you while he does it.
    I agree with most of this. TI is only 30 second cooldown, though. Use it often IMO.

Having said that typically I will squirrel -> storm shackle -> nature's fury/nature's touch.

+ Reply to Thread