+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is 51 warlock viable in PVE?

Default Is 51 warlock viable in PVE?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...Akqqek.x0M.hMc

I was looking at something like this.

Wondering if it would work.

Rift Disciple

I didn't look at the link because I'm honestly just too tired, but currently there is no real "viable" 51 lock build/rotation

People have tried 51 lock and come up about 200 DPS short of the current "viable" top end raid DPS specs

That said, I'm sure someone will figure something out to make 51 lock work ;)
    <Rigor Mortis> is recruiting for Defiant side on Dayblind, send a PM for more info!

yeah warlock falls just a little short of the main dps specs people are using in PVE like Pyro/ELE SC/ELE Necro/Lock I really get frustrated by this myself as I love to play 51 lock and would like to bring it to raids with me. Currently the most dps I can squeeze out on dummies with 51 lock is around 1100. My spec is like yours but instead of the points in Flesh Rot, Favored Ally, and Blood Pact, I go a little different I put 4 points in Death's Ally, 5 in Soul Fire to boost up Searing Vitality a little, 3 in strength of stone and 1 in Leeching flames. I like to use Leeching Flames in conjunction with my Deathtouched Soulstone, and Empowered Darkness CD's. But ya its basically keeping up Dark Touch, Necrosis, Defile, Life Leech, and Searing Vitality full time, spam void bolt then when drain bolt is up cast it to proc deathtouched soulstone (which really isnt that great fyi, lol) and empowered darkness. Or.. you could just go Pyro/Ele make 3 macros and spam them and pull 400 more dps easily the choice is yours ^^
    Last edited by Napalm; 08-14-2011 at 10:01 PM.
    riftvoid.enjin.com

Yeah, I guess I'll just try Pyro / Elemental.

My problem is the only other build that fits the warlock-like playstyle is Necrolock, and the PVE rotation for that just feels extremely clunky. I can easily get it down and do it perfectly, but it's kind of a pain. The one thing that really aggravates me about it is the ground AOE targeting, which seems to randomly bug and not work sometimes even though I'm spam clicking.

So I was looking for a more traditional DOT-oriented build, like seen in WOW's affliction warlock. But I guess if that's not viable, I'll go for something like Pyro / Ele or Stormcaller / Ele just so I don't have to deal with Grave Rot.
    Last edited by GLopez; 08-14-2011 at 10:19 PM.

Shadowlander

Used to play Warlock 51 until i saw Pyro/Ele in action... Though sometimes i have nostalgic felling to play Warlock 51 again
    it's all about the Magic

Shadowlander

*Cant edit previous post*
    Main criteria for me of viability of spec in PVE is abitily to close a major rift solo with all bonus stages. If yu can do it with your warlock then it's viable for PVE
    it's all about the Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Asghan View Post
    *Cant edit previous post*
    Main criteria for me of viability of spec in PVE is abitily to close a major rift solo with all bonus stages. If yu can do it with your warlock then it's viable for PVE
    Warlock can't.
    Rock elemental can.
    T H E C H R O N I C L E S O F D W I N D A R F

+ Reply to Thread