+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Dissb's PVP Warlock/Necro/AM build

Rift Disciple

Default Dissb's PVP Warlock/Necro/AM build

I decided to break my silence on the forums.

After numerous inquiries regarding my build and the misconceptiion by the opposition that I play a healer, I decided to share my build with everyone.

http://www.dissb.com/mass-fear-a-must-have-for-warlocks

In the next couple weeks, I will be writing an extensive guide on this particular build, so please keep an eye out for it.

Dissb of Irony, Sunrest Server
    Dissb's Blog: Tactics, Tips, Tricks and Strategeis for Rift
    www.dissb.com
    Dissb's Warlock Guide

to click or not to click...that is the question...

lgw

No SP.
    /thread
    ... aka schoklat. PVP nerd - gaming vet.
    First of slackers, herder of trolls.
    Wildstar PVP inc

Quote Originally Posted by dissb View Post
    I decided to break my silence on the forums.

After numerous inquiries regarding my build and the misconceptiion by the opposition that I play a healer, I decided to share my build with everyone.

http://www.dissb.com/mass-fear-a-must-have-for-warlocks

In the next couple weeks, I will be writing an extensive guide on this particular build, so please keep an eye out for it.

Dissb of Irony, Sunrest Server
    Mass fear is nice but I find detaunt to be much more effective, and not as situational.

Telaran

To play Dissb's build the one thing you have to know is how to run, run away at the slightest sign you may lose...run far far far away.

The build doesn't have Soul Purge

Fail
    . She wrote.

Rift Disciple

Interesting that you consider +5% death and necrosis worth the loss of ED from 51 lock. Then again, there's nothing like hearing various people on vent yell out that Dissb is in the match, mark him.

Rift Disciple

This play style revolves around 3 key components:

1. Mobility
    2. Survivability
    3. Opportunity Procs

Although soul purge is a great spell, I do not feel the need for it as I have enough burst damage and healing capability. On top of that, I do not like having to stand still to cast an ability.

Another thing I would like to add is stacking endurance over intelligence. This not only helps with survivability but increases your heals from blood thirsty.

I wrote a few articles that might help:

http://www.dissb.com/most-over-power...-blood-thirsty
    http://www.dissb.com/warlock-armor
    http://www.dissb.com/warlock-tip-of-...do-you-look-at
    http://www.dissb.com/primary-stat-for-mage-in-pvp
    www.dissb.com
    Dissb's Warlock Guide

Shadowlander

Dissb WHY WHY! Why give the bads our awesome spec! =)

I kid, but yes, this is the spec I have been running for the past 2 months. Almost everything is instant cast, your dots hit like a truck with high crit and the +30% bonus from AM. Your highly mobile, have a larger then avg health pool and spellpower, and played correctly, can dominate.

Also radiate death is very undermentioned and underused. Popping 2 quick dots and spreading them around a group is a great way to set them back, and keep the healers busy trying to cleanse while you continue blowing people up.

With Neddras, dark touch, and necrosis on a target, hitting defile then popping stun+healbolt can usually finish off my target right away. If not, its cuz they are running away to die behind a tree.

Mass fear is amazing for charging warriors and rogs, Shadows Touch + Nedd Essence together make you unkillable for about 7 secs. Mortality......meh. Its decent, but its also a last resort, I never plan to use it.

Final thought, I also bring out my necro pet, lvl 30, and named him Distraction. I have actually seen that lil fella pull out some good 2-300 crits on people. Dies quick in AOE tho =)

Again awesome spec is awesome, most people will not play it because dots dont put up LAWL!11!OVER9000!!!11eleven!1. What u dont realize is that all your damage over time can be applied.....while running away from your target chasing you.

Keep up the pain Dissb. Dunno about u but I have a mark over my head almost instantly after first encounter. That means we are doin somethin right =)
    Implosion R7 Mage
    Deepstrike PVP
    Hotfix#5 NOM NOM NOM WARR TEARS!

Telaran

Dissb...

I've never thought you were a healing spec, the times we've fought.

Just to be clear.

>grins<

Narg

I use almost same spec for DPS in war fronts. Have been for a long time. The spec is really no big secret. Not saying it is a bad spec. However I always always find my self going chloro/lock cause there are never any healers in a WF. Good write up though.
    Last edited by Desto; 08-15-2011 at 03:10 PM.
    KRISTOOGUARDIANMAGE
    ESTI EFIU SUNREST RP/PVP

GSB 5/5ROS 4/4HK 10/11

Rift Disciple

I have finally finished my PVP Warlock Guide.

http://www.dissb.com/pvp-warlock-guide

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    www.dissb.com
    Dissb's Warlock Guide

Telaran

nice post dissb.

a few questions and comments:

1. "Draining Bolt – Powerful Instant Cast Bolt that hits hard and heals for half of the damage dealt. This has a slow travel time and is your most reliable finisher."

do you mean "low" travel time? or "fast" travel time?

2. "Radiate Death – The key to this spell is setting your target up by positioning yourself in a manner where your target will move toward their group, thus resulting in a well placed Radiate Death. "

I haven't tested this myself b/c of laziness but when you hit radiate death, does it put a fresh spell on the enemies or exactly at the point in the DOT that the original person is at? i've just assumed it was at the point in the spell that is on the persons so sometimes i have to gauge waiting to see if they run into the group with doing it right away.

3. "Sacrifice Life: Damage – Activate this before applying your DOTS."

I usually do this at the start of the match, but later on, i like saving it for just before devouring shadows, since i think it scales better.

4. "Rune Shield – I don’t use this that often because if I know I am going to engage the enemy, I like to save the charge and lead off with Defile. I will use it after a battle if no enemies are in sight, helps against stealthed rogues."

I have recently fallen in love with this. it's great for when in retreat. I'd rather live than pop a defile on. There are other dots on the enemy already anyway. Also, you refresh the dots while running away and charge builds up faster enough to get defile going again anyway.

5. "If your target is under 50% health, and your opportunity procs, you want to move in toward your target while casting void bolt, draining bolt and Dark Fury. "

I would top off this combo with a devouring shadow. It's instant reach.
    Last edited by tanglefast; 08-30-2011 at 07:47 AM.

Rift Chaser

Hi Dissb!

-Sinn(zerbib)
    Sinnyil <Harmless> - 50 Bahmi Warrior
    Former Guild Leader of <Play Nice>
    I like to speak from the heart, offer (often imperfect) advice, and spitball (sometimes terrible) ideas, and these opinions are solely my own and do not represent the views or strategies of <Harmless>.

I come across mages with that build (or a very similar one) very often. I'm not convinced Necrosis and Grave Rot make up the loss of Empowered Darkness. Hence I believe 51 WL is superior. Killing targets with dots is possible in pugs without proper healing. But even then I'd trade those two gimmicks for ED mass-murdering any day.

Just my two cents though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast