+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Necrolock tweak

Telaran

Default Necrolock tweak

Hi guys,
    lately I'm trying to get the most dps I can out of this build ( both 35/31 and 38/28) but I am stuck at 1080-1090 dps self buffed on the dummy, and I'd like to break that "wall" ( I have 1117 SP 762 SC).

So, here are a couple of questions about the 2 builds:

1) When it's the ideal time to refresh a dot? What i mean is : it's better to wait when Necrosis, or Dark Touch fall before a refresh ( let's say when the timer hits 0) , or when the timer is at 1 ? I don't want to waste a GCD burning an extra tick, but I'm not sure there's one between 0 and 1
    2) At the moment, on what bosses Neddra's Grast is a DPS increase? I know the "3 abilities in 15 seconds rule, but sometimes figuring it out isn't that easy
    3) Macroing petattacks on each dot has brought me a good dps increase. Are there any other small tricks that can help improving necrolock's dps? And, whould i leave my pet on passive if I have macroed all his attacks?

Defile Spec

4) Is casting Grave Rot a waste or a dps boost? I tested it myself and it was a marginal dps gain, but I'm not sure if it depens on me...
    5) Is EtC worth taking/casting considering the charge jogging Defile and SP alone bring in?
    6) How many ticks of SP are needed to make it a dps gain over VB?

SP Spec

7) How many ticks of SP are needed to make it a dps gain over VB?

Quote Originally Posted by kaharas View Post
    Hi guys,
    lately I'm trying to get the most dps I can out of this build ( both 35/31 and 38/28) but I am stuck at 1080-1090 dps self buffed on the dummy, and I'd like to break that "wall" ( I have 1117 SP 762 SC).

So, here are a couple of questions about the 2 builds:

1) When it's the ideal time to refresh a dot? What i mean is : it's better to wait when Necrosis, or Dark Touch fall before a refresh ( let's say when the timer hits 0) , or when the timer is at 1 ? I don't want to waste a GCD burning an extra tick, but I'm not sure there's one between 0 and 1
    2) At the moment, on what bosses Neddra's Grast is a DPS increase? I know the "3 abilities in 15 seconds rule, but sometimes figuring it out isn't that easy
    3) Macroing petattacks on each dot has brought me a good dps increase. Are there any other small tricks that can help improving necrolock's dps? And, whould i leave my pet on passive if I have macroed all his attacks?

Defile Spec

4) Is casting Grave Rot a waste or a dps boost? I tested it myself and it was a marginal dps gain, but I'm not sure if it depens on me...
    5) Is EtC worth taking/casting considering the charge jogging Defile and SP alone bring in?
    6) How many ticks of SP are needed to make it a dps gain over VB?

SP Spec

7) How many ticks of SP are needed to make it a dps gain over VB?
    Answer #1
    Refresh all Dots right at the 1 second mark. Necrosis/Dark Touch tick for damage between the 2 and 0 second mark so refresh it on the 1. Defile does not do damage after the 2 second mark so those two remaining seconds are worthless and a waste of charge.

Answer #2
    Its not as simple as a "3 ticks of Neddra's Grasp within 15 seconds will be a dps increase" but more of, what else can you be doing with that 1.5 second GCD. Casting a void bolt to refresh life leech? Casting Soul Purge (you must channel for 3 seconds or more to get a dps increase over casting void bolt)? If you're running out of aoe and all your current dots have lots of time left on them then by all means, cast it.

Answer #3
    Put your pet on aggressive in raids at all times. If it is on defensive, it will have a small downtime after a mob dies. Putting "petattack" in your macro is also worthless as exemplified by molinar. Petattack causes your pet to attack whatever you're attacking automatically. This sounds good but when you're fighting a boss that kills all melee (including pets) do you want your rogue pet attacking it or do you want it attacking the other boss that doesnt kill melee? petcast (ability) will still make your pet cast, if you remove petattack you just have to use Ctrl1 to make your pet attack a specific target.

Answer #4
    Grave Rot does more damage than Void Bolt. It also increases your rogue pet's dps by a massive amount. Cast it every time its available, if not, then at least maintain 5 stacks of Deathly Calling at all times

Answer #5
    Verse of Joy is a rogue bard ability that makes it so you can cast all three at the same time for roughly 10 seconds. I cast Defile, EotC then Soulpurge for 3-5 seconds depending on my charge then go back to void bolt spam.

Answer #6
    3 ticks or more = 3 seconds or more

Answer #7
    see #6

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by ChinesePanda View Post
    Answer #5
    Verse of Joy is a rogue bard ability that makes it so you can cast all three at the same time for roughly 10 seconds. I cast Defile, EotC then Soulpurge for 3-5 seconds depending on my charge then go back to void bolt spam.
    First of all, thank you for your reply. I was just trying to build the defile spec with EtC, and the only way to do it is put just 2 points on Clattering Bones. Is it really worth it? Or it's just due to the fact that clattering bones seems bugged?

Telaran

what do you guys drop a point out of to take Neddra's Grasp in the 35/31 build?

Quote Originally Posted by kaharas View Post
    First of all, thank you for your reply. I was just trying to build the defile spec with EtC, and the only way to do it is put just 2 points on Clattering Bones. Is it really worth it? Or it's just due to the fact that clattering bones seems bugged?
    I'd like to bump and second this question... is etc worth the loss of a point in clattering bones? Gonna play around with it myself now, just curious if anyone else has tested it.
    Last edited by Guaritor; 08-15-2011 at 04:06 PM.

+ Reply to Thread