+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: Peculiar build, that does fairly well

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser LatsyrcMoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    396

    Default Peculiar build, that does fairly well

    The Build

    With this I was able to parse 906 DPS. This is with primarily t2 gear, a t3 staff, an "archon" sigil, and t3 healing trinket(+88 spellpower, life leach and Draining Bolt result in a close to 100% uptime). I suspect it could parse better if I would work in Lightning Strikes on Opp. Procs, and had better uptime of Elemental Forces.

    This actually parses higher single target for me than Pyro/Ele by about 50 DPS, but lower than Necro/Lock and Zoomancer by about the same margin over the course of 6 minutes.

    It's got an extremely easy "rotation" by comparison to most other specs out there, and crit dots make me happy.

  2. #2
    Plane Touched Dwindarf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    244

    Default

    That looks like it was made out of a bin full of Mr. Potato parts, Lego, and an Erector Set.
    It's so mix 'n match.

    You took an increase to Lightning Strike damage which means you're using it, but then you have Icy Carapace which requires earth damage to trigger the effect, so you're also using Crystalline Missiles.
    But then you have Improved Void Bolt, which means you're using Void Bolt and Crystalline Missiles...both starter damage spells that aren't designed to be used together.

    Why did you take Neddra's Torture when Exposure gives you a higher damage bonus that trumps the ending damage on Neddra's?

    You said this gets higher damage then Pyro/Ele? That seems...not right.
    T H E C H R O N I C L E S O F D W I N D A R F
    __________________________________________________
    How Trion stole my Dwarf identity.
    The magical returning lvl 47 "Burlap" shoulderpads.
    Yay! T1 & T2 Mage gear!!!...wait..oh god...

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser LatsyrcMoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwindarf View Post
    That looks like it was made out of a bin full of Mr. Potato parts, Lego, and an Erector Set.
    It's so mix 'n match.

    You took an increase to Lightning Strike damage which means you're using it, but then you have Icy Carapace which requires earth damage to trigger the effect, so you're also using Crystalline Missiles.
    But then you have Improved Void Bolt, which means you're using Void Bolt and Crystalline Missiles...both starter damage spells that aren't designed to be used together.

    Why did you take Neddra's Torture when Exposure gives you a higher damage bonus that trumps the ending damage on Neddra's?

    You said this gets higher damage then Pyro/Ele? That seems...not right.
    Icy Carapace and LS are both technically filler points. The entire purpose of the build is Tempest. The rest is just icing. I do not use CM. I suppose there are better filler abilities, but to be honest I don't intend to track, or even cast Ignite, and as stated in the opening post I'm willing to bet that casting Lightning Strike off Opportunity procs will net more dps.

    Also, Neddra's stacks with the exposure debuff, and in a normal situation I won't need to be casting the 7% as an Archon will, or some other passive will end up there in it's place making it as much of a waste of a point as Icy, although during EF cycles Icy might be worth casting.

    Yes I realize this is a hodge podge of a build, which is why it really surprised me that it parsed better for me than Pyro/Ele.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple Korain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    148

    Default

    This is....definitely peculiar.

    Personally, I would make something more like this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...qxk.Vtcz0xoAoz

    3% more damage from neddra's is negligible at best. Being a raid Archon myself, don't count on Archon buffs to always stay. They tend to get cleansed by the erpichs "boss_god_cleanse" thing. 7% on an instant cast, no cooldown is far superior.

    A 4% opportunity proc is also not worth it imo. It may in fact trigger more than I imagine it does, but I wouldn't bank on 4%. Hell. I don't even bank on Opportunity when it's maxxed out.

    Dropped Icy Carapace, Neddra's and Opportunity in exchange for Exposure, 1 more point in Force of Nature, 1 in Planar Expansion, and the last point in Intensify Elements. IE is by far one of my favorite Ele abilities. It and Tempest are the only reasons to go this far into the tree imo, and if you're far enough in to get Tempest, might as well IE.

    Unless you feel Defile is vital to your build, I'd mix it up and give this a go. Haven't tested myself, this is all theorycrafting.

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser LatsyrcMoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korain View Post
    This is....definitely peculiar.

    Personally, I would make something more like this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...qxk.Vtcz0xoAoz

    3% more damage from neddra's is negligible at best. Being a raid Archon myself, don't count on Archon buffs to always stay. They tend to get cleansed by the erpichs "boss_god_cleanse" thing. 7% on an instant cast, no cooldown is far superior.

    A 4% opportunity proc is also not worth it imo. It may in fact trigger more than I imagine it does, but I wouldn't bank on 4%. Hell. I don't even bank on Opportunity when it's maxxed out.

    Dropped Icy Carapace, Neddra's and Opportunity in exchange for Exposure, 1 more point in Force of Nature, 1 in Planar Expansion, and the last point in Intensify Elements. IE is by far one of my favorite Ele abilities. It and Tempest are the only reasons to go this far into the tree imo, and if you're far enough in to get Tempest, might as well IE.

    Unless you feel Defile is vital to your build, I'd mix it up and give this a go. Haven't tested myself, this is all theorycrafting.

    Defile is absolutely vital. It's the second highest contributor to the overall DPS of the build(counting pet abilities individually).

    While Neddra's 3% isn't going to make or break anything on it's own for just me, it's a flat 3% DPS increase for the casters in a raid, and it stacks with all of the 7% debuffs out there(Being a raiding Archon myself I ALWAYS keep Crumbling Resistance up, and I ***** at the casters/bards who overwrite it, because lets face it they have better spells to waste globals on than exposure or w/e clerics get, and mine lasts 5 minutes to their 30s/1min).

    I seriously considered IE as well, but when I saw it didn't affect lock spells at all I quickly dropped it.

    I agree completely with you on "counting on Opportunity" to proc, but I'm not so much counting on it, as taking it as a "Sweet, crackka boom" bonus.

  6. #6
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    647

    Default

    Neddras overwrites clinging spirit (7%), so it's bad. FYI

  7. #7
    lgw
    lgw is offline
    Ascendant lgw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dreamland
    Posts
    1,879

    Default

    This build is already on my list to test with having 4 HK set pieces.

    Crit: 45% (soft cap) + 10% (specced) + 15% (raid) + 10% (2-WL SC) = 80% critchance on all DOTs. Now add going up to 110% critmod, and things become very nice.
    IC is triggered with IE (your chargedump), and LS is used with 5/5 Opp (and sitting at 85% crit).

    Not saying it will dwarf 38/28 with SP, but it's definately a shot.
    Until then, though, I wager you simply don't have the crit to make it work.
    ... aka schoklat. PVP nerd - gaming vet.
    First of slackers, herder of trolls.
    Wildstar PVP inc

  8. #8
    Ascendant lol r u mad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,867

    Default

    (02:09) Boss Practice Dummy: 1223 Screamo-Lightning Strike-3026 | Screa | 1223

    IC is a DPS loss, and hard casting Lightning strike on cooldown is a DPS gain. This was with Exposure+neddra's in my rotation which would always be up in a raid anyway. Elemental Forces was used only at 100 charge and clicked off so that defile could never fall off the target.

    http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

  9. #9
    RIFT Community Ambassador bluedot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mezkh View Post
    Neddras overwrites clinging spirit (7%), so it's bad. FYI
    Do clerics use Soul Drain on single target fights?

    I don't know if it has been mentioned but Elemental Forces will explode Icy Carapace. Even though it says it is random elemental damage. So you don't have to cast Crystalline Missiles.

  10. #10
    Plane Touched Slythorh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    Do clerics use Soul Drain on single target fights?

    I don't know if it has been mentioned but Elemental Forces will explode Icy Carapace. Even though it says it is random elemental damage. So you don't have to cast Crystalline Missiles.
    They do if they're told to keep up the buff for the extra 7% magic dmg taken. Well, 4% more than ours anyway.

  11. #11
    Ascendant lol r u mad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    Do clerics use Soul Drain on single target fights?

    I don't know if it has been mentioned but Elemental Forces will explode Icy Carapace. Even though it says it is random elemental damage. So you don't have to cast Crystalline Missiles.
    Yes, but I still don't think it's worth casting. I have 1450 SP unbuffed and this is the best I can do. I spiked up to almost 1300 but that was with a string off Opportunity procs

    (04:44) Boss Practice Dummy: 1237 Screamo-Lightning Strike-3344 | Screa | 1237

    http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

  12. #12
    Rift Chaser LatsyrcMoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    396

    Default

    New parse now that I've slept:

    DPS: 07:10|Leaf-1057|Biggest Hit: Lightning Strike-2956|Effective Crit Chance-29%

    I've gotta agree completely that Lightnight strike is a DPS gain in the spec no matter what.

    For reference this is me as Zoomancer over the same period:

    DPS: 07:15|Leaf-1140-Plague Bolt-1511-25%

    Trading 100 or so DPS for not relying on pets, and some reasonable AOE. SO far all upshot in my opinion.

  13. #13
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,083

    Default

    absolutly not related but this evening I've noticed that heatwave dont reset IE anymore so pyro got just a bit less appealing...
    Once known as Nix-Zero


    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

  14. #14
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    absolutly not related but this evening I've noticed that heatwave dont reset IE anymore so pyro got just a bit less appealing...
    Yes it does.

  15. #15
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bounci View Post
    Yes it does.
    lol I'm stupid - i've redone my bars and switched places between the two without noticing so I was casting first heatwave then ie - wrong order.
    Once known as Nix-Zero


    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts