+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Dom/Chloro in PVP

  1. #1
    Plane Touched Chauni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    212

    Default Dom/Chloro in PVP

    So for a very long time now I been running the infamous chloro-lock builds and variations there of. I wanted to see if I could wrap my head around the Dominator/ chloro build that's also quite popular and see how I like it. the problem is I've never really gotten much into Dominator. So if anyone can spare the time could you post some decent Dom/Chloro builds and what you macro using it and how it works so I can give it a go? I'd sincerely appreciate it! Thanks all, PS I mean the one for PvP

  2. #2
    Shield of Telara Elerina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    748

    Default

    Dom/Chloro is kind of special. It shines in 1on1 or similar situations because you can mess up a single opponent or two pretty badly.

    Not sure if it's me though (probably is) but I don't really like it in WFs. My Chlorolock feels better and for some reasons heals WAY more. If I want to kill people, 51WL is MY thing.

    I'd love to see a viable pyro but I tried a lot of builds and none seems really comparable to 51WL. [edit: again, the infamous pyro/dom doesn't work for me. I'm just bad at dom+anything while loving 51 dom. Strange, isn't it Oo]

    But anyway, Dom/Chloro needs a lot of practice. You got a gazillion of buttons and you must know when to use them. I admit I'm not really good at it, especially since the patch. 51 Dom on the other hand is very nice, although it was hurt by the patch as well of course.

    Spec should be like 31Chloro/31Dom/4AM or something similar. A few points can be shafted around to your likings.

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    339

    Default

    It's probably my favourite PVP build. It's first and foremost a utility and support spec, albeit very strong 1v1 and against melee DPS in general.

    It's also probably the highest battle-turning potential spec.

  4. #4
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Domlock

    going to try domchlor for the first time, but meh.

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elerina View Post
    Dom/Chloro is kind of special. It shines in 1on1 or similar situations because you can mess up a single opponent or two pretty badly.

    Not sure if it's me though (probably is) but I don't really like it in WFs. My Chlorolock feels better and for some reasons heals WAY more. If I want to kill people, 51WL is MY thing.

    I'd love to see a viable pyro but I tried a lot of builds and none seems really comparable to 51WL. [edit: again, the infamous pyro/dom doesn't work for me. I'm just bad at dom+anything while loving 51 dom. Strange, isn't it Oo]

    But anyway, Dom/Chloro needs a lot of practice. You got a gazillion of buttons and you must know when to use them. I admit I'm not really good at it, especially since the patch. 51 Dom on the other hand is very nice, although it was hurt by the patch as well of course.

    Spec should be like 31Chloro/31Dom/4AM or something similar. A few points can be shafted around to your likings.
    When you're 51 WL what kind of rotation do you use? Aside from obviously dotting the target up, do you just spam VB when ED is toggled on?

  6. #6
    Shield of Telara Elerina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fakethatrolex View Post
    When you're 51 WL what kind of rotation do you use? Aside from obviously dotting the target up, do you just spam VB when ED is toggled on?
    Well, that depends on the situation. You got lots of tools to mess up your target (fear twice, stun, silence).

    Mostly I use it on demand, not just to spread pimped dots, especially if heavy healing is present. A good tactic is (imho) to Voidbolt and follow up immediately with a Devouring Shadows. Makes for some nice burst. I'm pretty much canceling DS .. well.. a lot. To get faster dmg ticks. DS with ED active is quite the bam ^^

    Aside from that it's really just dotting, fear-bombing healers and the like. An awesome spec, if you're the kind of guy to play such things. I'm very offensive with it - if you got no healing that means a lot of free time on the GY though ;)
    Last edited by Elerina; 08-13-2011 at 06:32 PM.

  7. #7
    Plane Touched Chauni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    212

    Default

    ok ok so lets talk about what the original post is about ,.. the dom/chlor build.... people have commented on how its cool but noone has mentioned the build or how it's run, macros etc.. I liek the idea of 51 lock too bu tI really wanna know about this dom pvp build

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default

    honestly when i use it, there is no "macro" i use skills depending on the situation. natures fury will always be your hardest hitting spell. cast storm shackle on targets that jump around (warriors/rogues mainly warriors though) if theres a marksman just chilling with the healers then TI him. the other skills are kinda self explanatory imo.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    177

    Default

    31 dom 31 chloro with 4 in archmage.

    Depending on your rank you can go more damage or more crit reduction in archmage.
    Griefing - This refers to players who do not play the game as it was intended, but instead seek to harass other players as their main focal point. This includes stalking or attempting to kill another player's character that has no means of recourse within the game. To "grief" simply means that you are trying to negatively impact the game play experience of another player. A player on the opposite faction cannot be griefed. It is perfectly acceptable to take actions in order to get a player of the opposite faction killed using whatever means possible.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Sorovos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,419

    Default

    I go 31 dom/18 Chlora/17 AM

    I like having the speed burst.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    I go 31 dom/18 Chlora/17 AM

    I like having the speed burst.
    i tried this spec but it kinda sucks after you blow your cds as youre kinda left with nothing but neural prod/ruin/vile spores =\ for the extra crit damage from overload you lose natures fury, essence surge, and wild growth.

  12. #12
    Plane Touched Chauni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    I go 31 dom/18 Chlora/17 AM

    I like having the speed burst.
    Having had no experience in the dominator tree much, would you mind posting a link to yer build so I can look it over? thanks

  13. #13
    Plane Touched Chauni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fattyandy View Post
    i tried this spec but it kinda sucks after you blow your cds as youre kinda left with nothing but neural prod/ruin/vile spores =\ for the extra crit damage from overload you lose natures fury, essence surge, and wild growth.
    what spec would you suggest Fattyandy? could you also post a build link and how you think its better done?

  14. #14
    Ascendant Menaace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    I go 31 dom/18 Chlora/17 AM

    I like having the speed burst.
    My first chlorodom build was similar to this, a wishlist that failed miserably in PvP, but sounded good on paper. As Andy above wrote, after cd's gone, you have about 20 seconds of spamming vile spores and ruin for weak dmg/heals.

    Of course most dont want to share their million dollar builds, but I'll just say without Essence Surge as a Chlorodom (whether healing or DPS) you are a liability in PvP, and are wasting the team's time.

    You are correct being at least 31 points in Dom though, as TI is the staple of your diet in the class
    Last edited by Menaace; 08-15-2011 at 10:47 AM.
    Menaace - P50 Mage, Annihilator, Executioner, <MMAC> Guild Leader
    Talent has no gearscore
    MMAC vs Vinco 20v20
    Menaace 1.7, 5-Spec, PvP VIDEO
    MMAC vs TFS 10v10's Episode 1 (with commentary)

  15. #15
    Champion of Telara Hethroin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Menaace View Post
    My first chlorodom build was similar to this, a wishlist that failed miserably in PvP, but sounded good on paper. As Andy above wrote, after cd's gone, you have about 20 seconds of spamming vile spores and ruin for weak dmg/heals.

    Of course most dont want to share their million dollar builds, but I'll just say without Essence Surge as a Chlorodom (whether healing or DPS) you are a liability in PvP, and are wasting the team's time.

    You are correct being at least 31 points in Dom though, as TI is the staple of your diet in the class
    Sounds like 31/31/4 is the way to go.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts