+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Support Mage builds ?

Default Support Mage builds ?

Srry if I missed a topic like this, but just wondering what the most effective 5-man support build is for a mage. Currently running full Arch, with a few in Pyro for the extra fire DPS boost. Thanks for any help

Support is broad.

Some groups want an archon, some want an off healer.

You can do archon/chloro, but I use a warlock/chloro/dominator build for support.

It provides really high AOE heals, ~500 dps, and a solid CC for bad pulls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireforge View Post
    Your patience is completely unnecessary in this matter. You put a quarter in the machine and you need your gumball. It's cool.
    Your "Likes" fuel me.
    E . ` ' / . F
    Selling 1.4 Crafting Components. X-Shard Delivery Available.

aux

The most effective support build is the good old Stormcaller/Elementalist AoE build.
    I'm so BORED

Maybe I'm inturpreting the "support" role altogheter. Is is safe to say that for 5mans the pure debuf "support" is not really needed...more of a need for raids maybe ? Should I be more focued on a "support" mix of DPS (AoE), Heals and some CC ? Seems like that's what is expected. Thanks for the advice btw. I'm always getting " you flagged as support...so do some supporting" I thought I was...with full buffs/debuffs with Arch?

Soulwalker

I've worked my way through T1, and T2 randoms now, and I'm just about ready to start T1-Raids. In my experiences, the support role for me, is typically Chloro/Lock, my zero point soul alternates here. The Bluedots guide has a decent overview of the build I use here. As stated before, you can put out strong heals to your group with lifegiving veil, and I've found it quite reliable for dishing out damage in aoe trash killing. This support role is basically off-healing to help the main healer, and helping kill trash. I ran a 51 point archon soul in a 5 man, but I kind of felt useless. I'm not sure there is much to gain in the 5 man scenario here from a full time buffer/debuffer. The dps an archon puts out is almost exclusively single target, and they don't have a means of support healing.

Thanks so much I'll give that a try

+ Reply to Thread