+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage God Build - Necromancer / Warlock / Chloromancer (At level 34)

Soulwalker

Default Mage God Build - Necromancer / Warlock / Chloromancer (At level 34)

I am new to this game and I don't pretend to know anything at all.. I am told this is the God Mage build and I found it to be true but I want to play with other builds too if they have strong points. I can't get off this build though, or rather, I can't beat it... Ok here we go...

At level 34 I have spent every point I can into the Necro tree reaching all the way to Lich Form at the top. Warlock gets the extra points into Life Leech and extra charge building. The reasons I can't let go of this spec

1. Feign Death
    2. Emergency: Lich Form + Empty the Crypts (with feign death as backup!!!)
    3. Warlock Life Leech on several mobs at once (Combine it with Soul Purge TO TANK STUFF!!!)
    4. Extra charge generation ---- warlock tree
    5. The ability to singularly heal myself or my pet using that extra charge (You CLOTH TANK YOU)
    6. A butt load of damage and healing reduction spells making me a perfect group partner.

P.S. I roll with a Ranged DPS Cleric and we both off heal one another.. Nearly unstoppable but I am new so I am taking suggestions. Perimortem/Three Springs/Guardian Side
    Last edited by Perimortem; 08-13-2011 at 08:58 AM.

Telaran

I leveled my mage with a warlock/chloro build + a friend playing a dps priest (not range).
    We did the whole game in a full "aoe party".
    It was too easy, too fast, too unbalanced. I feel pity for the mobs (elite or not).

Soulwalker

This is where I fall short with this build it isn't very AOE strong.. Grave Rot gets all their attention to me so I can focus on Life Leech, debuffing the mob, surviving while my DPS stands back a bit. But when a lot of mobs are present this is where it gets a bit tough and at 6+ monsters or so I just tell DPS to split.. Here's what I do you tell me what you think of my emergency response (I am tactically using debuffs, spell steal too)

Empty the Crypt (let it cast don't exhume save Exhume for when pet dies) + Lich Form
    Life Leech Multi Mobs / Soul Purge but your pet will die because we are behind a little from above
    Go ahead and Exhume and fire a new Instant Cast Pet now and back up just a little for feign death
    Reconstruct, Life Leech, try to build power up
    .. We play in the same room so sometimes I back off and feign while she runs.. Rarely we do die but very rarely

But a more pointedly useful use of feign is to run ahead of DPS through a pack of monsters in our path that we must pass. Again DPS is just behind so I have aggro so I am outside of their zone I feign death while she runs by and we try to avoid AOE environment..

Soulwalker

The build will be a bit stronger if you go 22necro/8chloro then dump the rest in lock.

Has all the same tricks with a powerful instant heal not tied to your charge bar and lock is much more damage then going deep into Necro tree.

Soulwalker

Thanks I see what you mean I will give this a shot

+ Reply to Thread