+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Two Simple Warlock Suggestions

Default Two Simple Warlock Suggestions

Being that I play Warlock primarily since I started this game, I have a couple suggestions.

Neddra's Torture: In addition to its current ability, it should also prevent cleansing of death based dots or have dots that are cleansed deal x amount of damage. With so much depending on dots playing warlock, it really needs some sort of DoT protection.

Radiate Death: This needs to be on 10 second CD.

Not much but a couple of tweaks I feel will enhance the play of it.
    If you have yet to darken my path, it is only a matter of time.
    Mandiev: http://youtu.be/IyZmj6P3nFI

Quote Originally Posted by Mandiev View Post
    Being that I play Warlock primarily since I started this game, I have a couple suggestions.

Neddra's Torture: In addition to its current ability, it should also prevent cleansing of death based dots or have dots that are cleansed deal x amount of damage. With so much depending on dots playing warlock, it really needs some sort of DoT protection.

Radiate Death: This needs to be on 10 second CD.

Not much but a couple of tweaks I feel will enhance the play of it.

i feel radiate death should work with life leech as well

life leech isnt a particularly strong dot and does not heal that well either... i see no reason for it not to spread as well

i agree we need some dispell protection, neddras torture could be a nice start.. "if any of the locks death based dot effects are dispelled while neddras torture is active on target, NT will proc and auto crit and the cooldown will be reset"

or just have defile work like wow's unstable affliction, only not laughable

I'll assume this is a PvP post...

Quote Originally Posted by Rift Stinker View Post
    i feel radiate death should work with life leech as well

life leech isnt a particularly strong dot and does not heal that well either... i see no reason for it not to spread as well
    I agree that it would be nice if radiate death moved Life Leech too. However, I disagree that it isn't particularly strong. Of the 4 death dots available to mages it is the 2nd strongest, and when you add in the self heal from radiating to say 10 people, that's easily 1500 HP coming back to you every 2s. (really I would like to see radiate death radiate ALL death based dots)

Quote Originally Posted by Rift Stinker View Post
    i agree we need some dispell protection, neddras torture could be a nice start.. "if any of the locks death based dot effects are dispelled while neddras torture is active on target, NT will proc and auto crit and the cooldown will be reset"
    I couldn't agree here more, though it could possibly work well as a passive "whenever a death dot is dispelled it deals 50% of its total damage immediately and silences the dispeller for 3 seconds." This would really make someone have to question dispelling a warlock dot, though it should be deeper into the soul than tier 2 if given this function.

+ Reply to Thread