+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: what build are you using for Whitefall Weekend?

Default what build are you using for Whitefall Weekend?

just wondering what everyone is doing for these big team fights mid. im thinking 51 stormcaller or 51 dom, any suggestions?
    Jarik
    <Slayers>

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Jarik View Post
    just wondering what everyone is doing for these big team fights mid. im thinking 51 stormcaller or 51 dom, any suggestions?
    full pyro since beta

Rift Disciple

Anything but stormcaller. Getting yourself marked to kill and being the squishiest person to attack is not the way I want to start my weekend.

51 Lock, cause Chlorolock'll get me marked faster. Then switch to Chlorolock once I have been marked, and will play the "tank the warriors and rogues" game.

Soulwalker

51 Pyro mostly, its a lot of fun. I wouldnt recomend 51 SC, go 44/15/7 sc/am/ele, that is a fun spec aswell, i have seen 5.8k LB crits. Only prob is if LB kills the target, the 30% dmg aoe will not proc, this is a stupid bug that Trion needs to fix, since 9/10 of the time LB kills the target. IMO LB should also work with collateral dammage, but it doesnt. Either its an AOE 100% of the time or its ST 100% of the time Trion, but it cant be AoE 10% of the time, thats just skrewed up.

also can anyone give me a flag running build if mages have any? or a build that can stop those blink rogues because that is the only reason I lose games in my premade (******s not paying attention to map too busy farming)
    Last edited by Jarik; 08-13-2011 at 12:27 PM.
    Jarik
    <Slayers>

also can anyone give me a flag running build if mages have any? or a build that can stop those blink rogues because that is the only reason I lose games in my premade (******s not paying attention to map too busy farming)
    Probably Dom with Defensive tree tree, or necro with Defensive mage tree

Really no way to stop them if they really want it.

they're oped.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

RIFT Community Ambassador bluedot's Avatar

I recommend all Defiants use this spec: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z....szhg.hRGsM0mo

Seriously an incredible spec.. but ONLY for Defiants. Guardians should not use that spec.

When I do get a chance to PvP I use Cane's Chloro/Lock: http://bluedots.org/2011/07/08/1-3-pvp-chlorolock/

lgw

The Postman - works like a charm.

But basically this and all four builds (+ variants) builds I have in my sig have their place in WF:E. And yes, I do have five different PVP builds ready on scrolls - respeccing is for PVE.

PS: Stormcaller is far from squishy if specced and played right. You might not have selfheals, but basing every build around selfhealing is kinda the wrong approach. Already a Bard and a Chloro in your WF can go a loong way...
    ... aka schoklat. PVP nerd - gaming vet.
    First of slackers, herder of trolls.
    Wildstar PVP inc

I've been running 51 dom/15 am... yeah, its a little "2 minute wonder"-ish but it works wonders for that initial push for domination of the middle, its got some great stuff to keep melee off your healers, and really screw with the other team in general.

Plus, I always get a kick out of nearly wiping the entire enemy raid with mass betrayal xD

I run with Bleeds' 31 pyro 31 dom 4 am spec, it's really awesome. you don't depend on 3 minute dispellable defensive cooldowns as with warlock, you have great control and spike damage, a really fast paced spec and loads of fun to play

Another great one is 51 lock 15 am, does crazy damage

I also like to screw around with 51 archon 15 am, if you got any decent gear those PS+BP's are freaking badass. You're pretty squishy with this build since it's a proper glass cannon. Flaring Power on a middle WFS push can tip the scales. If you feel like you're too fragile, you could prolly go with a more defensive build by going something like 32 archon 18 chloro 15 am, 32 archon 28 chloro 5 am +1 or if you choose to go full support/heal it'd prolly be 32 archon 32 chloro 2 am but you do lose out on damage there. but warriors and rogues will love that Living Energy

as for last 51 chloro 15 am (or 10 lock 5 am), I personally hate playing chloro without having Void Life and Nature's Healing (to a lesser degree)
    it's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society

Plane Walker

I use dom/sc spec personally, just focus target a cleric and Aoe off of them. Trans,TI,Hailstorm, forked or storm, ice sheer, Storm shackle, LF, can throw lament and healing debuff as needed on them. Im generally marked so i use Reflective Presence for charge, if your not a main target can use either arresting for more control or SF for more damage.

This spec prolly isnt the best but it does wonders for me being able to drain mana effectively while dishing out damage. I can usually Top damage with this spec if im not ganged banged by a Warrior train,

Prophet of Telara

I got tired of dying, so I went Dom/Chloro/Lock. 7400 health with heals and CC.

Rift Disciple

Heavy Dom/Light Chloro/AM (Nyx's Manipulation) for Cleric/Heals control
    Half Chloro/Half Dom/AM for flag stealing/running (with Hastened Withdrawl)
    Pyro build for dps

Soulwalker

i think the spec bluedots gave for defiants is AMAZING!! ill go test that out on a p1 mage and hope i win

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...axk.EdI0Vh0zRo

When the game starts, charge in front of the warriors and land directly in the middle of their entire team. Pop Neddra's if they start attacking you, then begin your rotation with Nature's Fury. Once you get enough charge, lay down both Corrosion and Wild Growth (Wild Growth first so Corrosion gets the 10% damage increase benefit).

Doing this, I get to
    #1 See how good my team is taking advantage of the confusion and aoe slow im doing.
    #2 See how good my healers are since there is a limit to how much i can heal myself
    #3 Cause mother****ing chaos everywhere for the other team since everyone will panic.

It also helps that I have 9k hp self buffed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast