+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Mage still bad as it was in 1.3..

Plane Touched

Default Mage still bad as it was in 1.3..

With the so called boost to mage.. I saw no difference in mage dps nor survivability.
    The only viable class still is loc/chlo with high hp and low dps and good survivabililty, but you can't kill a ****.

Trion needs to boost mage dps in pvp, with these new ranks , mage dps is like a cake.. I am rank 6 with 1150 sp and other classes laugh at my dps in warfront..

I can't afford the so called powerstone, they are too expensive...
    Trion needs to boost main mage dps, we don't need sourcestones which we can't afford to buy..
    I
    Last edited by killthedesires; 08-12-2011 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by killthedesires View Post
    With the so called boost to mage.. I saw no difference in mage dps nor survivability.
    The only viable class still is loc/chlo with high hp and low dps and good survivabililty, but you can't kill a ****.

Trion needs to boost mage dps in pvp, with these new ranks , mage dps is like a cake.. I am rank 6 with 1150 sp and other classes laugh at my dps in warfront..

I can't afford the so called powerstone, they are too expensive...
    Trion needs to boost main mage dps, we don't need sourcestones which we can't afford to buy..
    I
    You are comparing your DPS without an expensive consumable to the DPS of a melee that uses 2 or maybe even 3 expensive consumables at the same time?

Rank 6 with powerstone and synergy crystal you should be at around 1.5k spell power.

Stop trying to take the easy way out. Use the resources you are given access to. Powerstones go for 4p on the auction house.
    Last edited by Hethroin; 08-12-2011 at 05:48 AM.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

See threads like this aren't good just because it makes it look like you can never make mages happy which isn't the case. Lots of mages are happier after 1.4 and 1.4 is WAAAAAAAY better than it was in 1.3

The fact you could even say its just as bad leads me to believe you just aren't very good.
    Last edited by Shhhh; 08-12-2011 at 05:58 AM.

Plane Touched

I play pvp only, tell me how do i get platinum without grinding?

Mage is bad, and don't tell me mage are happy with 1.4...
    Warrior and rogue dps is still high and a dps mage have no chance against them..

Maybe you are good, if yes prove it..

I will admit this patch has been a good patch for mages but still the changes were like a bandaid, we are still pretty weak and the fact that people expect powerstones automatically is silly..

i don't like it when they balance a game around consumables especially expensive consumables...

1.5 we can hope mages are back to how they should be.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Shhhh View Post
    See threads like this aren't good just because it makes it look like you can never make mages happy which isn't the case. Lots of mages are happier after 1.4 and 1.4 is WAAAAAAAY better than it was in 1.3

The fact you could even say its just as bad leads me to believe you just aren't very good.
    It is sad but true. The OP must be on crack, but the sad thing is I am seeing a number of these threads. Makes me wonder just how many bad mages there are out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Raduk View Post
    It is sad but true. The OP must be on crack, but the sad thing is I am seeing a number of these threads. Makes me wonder just how many bad mages there are out there.
    Well one way to find out is to find that thread where people were asking about spellpower int and wisdom and all these helmets started responding with completely inaccurate information... I understand thats top secret information with it displaying on the mouseover pop up and all so its easy to understand how so many got it wrong. So you can imagine with things you have to actually test that dont give you the information in a pop up....
    Last edited by Shhhh; 08-12-2011 at 06:26 AM.

I think the OP is more talking about mages in pvp. I'm content with my mage in pve (although there's plenty of room for improvement even there.) But the calling is pretty meh in pvp.

Whenever I roll into a warfront I keep wishing I had my WoW frost mage.

Soulwalker

Roll a rogue or a warrior and stop whinning.
    I do not intend to troll or anything, but I'm tired of all theses topics about mages being worthless and stuff. You don't like your mage ? Play something else. I usualy play healer but i wasn't confortable with the cleric and healing in rift, so I changed class.

And you playing "pvp only" is YOUR problem.
    If I don't have enough favor to buy pvp stuff, I don't complain. I do Pvp.
    So you don't have any plat ? I guess everyone else are just geniuses or super-lucky to have all this money.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by extinction View Post
    I will admit this patch has been a good patch for mages but still the changes were like a bandaid, we are still pretty weak and the fact that people expect powerstones automatically is silly..

i don't like it when they balance a game around consumables especially expensive consumables...

I have made over 80 powerstones now and it has cost me about 40 - 45p to make them. I spent 2 hours farming crafting rifts and made 70p yesterday. I fail to see how about 3 hours of time for 320 hours of powerstones is to much. If you are not an artificer, find a friend who is one or make one yourself. People make such a huge deal about them being expensive, but they really aren't at least on my server.

it takes about (average) 2.4 brilliant diamonds and 2.4 bars to make a power stone. On multiple server I have seen the brilliant diamonds going for around 30 to 40 gold each. So with the metal what, 1.2p if you don't do any mining on your own and buy it all off the auction house? Hardly expensive. Do 3 or 4 daily quests a day, it takes 30 minutes and you will have enough for your powerstones. Expensive is the new crafted gear.

Quote Originally Posted by extinction View Post

The problem is that you want to be balanced against someone that is using one or even two consumables per 4-hour period (one per weapon). You applying a powerstone to your staff is the equivalent of an assassin applying a wetstone to both his swords.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Champion

The main problem with 1.4 is...

1) They didn't do enough to increase PvE DPS. The decreased charge consumption was a band aid put on a wound that needed surgery.
    2) Pyro nerfs were too hard. I think we can all agree that the old Pyro was a bit ridiculous, but Trion has a bad habit of over-nerfing things that are OP (anyone remember the first Sabo nerf?).

GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

Mages are in a decent place I think. That's not saying some things can't be tweaked a bit, but overall we have a variety of specs that are useful in both pve and pvp.

You saying chloro lock is the only viable spec makes you sound like an idiot. Maybe it's just that it's the only viable spec for you...
    Last edited by Odaman; 08-12-2011 at 07:16 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by FireWraith View Post

1) They didn't do enough to increase PvE DPS. The decreased charge consumption was a band aid put on a wound that needed surgery.
    Hi kids, my name is Raduk and I play a Pyro/Elem. After 1.4 I went from being about 20% less dps than all my warrior and rogue friends to being equal or beating them in most raid bosses. Don't you think that Trion should buff me more so that I can sleep through a raid and still get the #1 parse spot?

2) Pyro nerfs were too hard. I think we can all agree that the old Pyro was a bit ridiculous, but Trion has a bad habit of over-nerfing things that are OP (anyone remember the first Sabo nerf?).

I sure as hell hope you are talking about PvP with this statement.

^

a lot of truth in this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast