+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Necrolock AoE potential

Default Necrolock AoE potential

Wondering if anyone can provide any input into how strong 28/38 and 31/35 Necrolock specs are in AoE situations. I don't expect they pull the same numbers as Sc/Ele but am more interested in their effectiveness in comparison to Pyro/Ele.

Aside from using the Shadow Revenant how should I be playing AoE situations?
    I would assume it's a case of dropping Grave Rot then tab targeting all my dots?

I really should crunch the numbers myself but thought the lovely people on the internet might save me some time :P
    Nope.

Rift Disciple

Grave rot->DT->NG->Radiate death ->Devouring shadows would be how to play the situation.

I cba to get numbers too :P

If the mobs take a second to be pulled then you would put the dots up first. Forget tab dotting, one tick of DS on several mobs does way more than necrosis does during its whole duration.
    Last edited by Deicidium; 08-12-2011 at 03:07 AM.

Thanks for that, I've only recently re-entered the world of Necrolock since I levelled. I'd completely forgotten about Devouring Shadows, cheers mate.
    Nope.

I run a 35 warlock 31 necro build occasionally, my personal aoe parses on Herald and Alsbeth in RoS where from 2k to 2.2k, basically using this macro:

#show Devouring Shadows
    stopcasting
    cast Devouring Shadows

right after the second aoe-damage tick, cast it again
    it's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society

That's almost identical to what I've been parsing as Sc/Ele on Herald and Alsbeth, although my gear is very mediocre. I'll give it a spin this lockout.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 08-12-2011 at 05:36 AM.
    Nope.

Champion

Any fight that has more than 5 targets, it will be fairly competitive with SC/Ele and Pyro/Ele with AoE DPS.

Any fight with 5 or less, SC/Ele is going to blow it out of the water.

GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by FireWraith View Post
    Any fight that has more than 5 targets, it will be fairly competitive with SC/Ele and Pyro/Ele with AoE DPS.
    nah, pyro/ele has cooldowns they can use. also firestorm scales better.

firestorm is def the best damage, but also the most mana costly and for shorter aoe fights its the easy winner, but for long duration aoes or for long fights like matron you're going to have mana trouble if you're using the stopcast method.

Soulwalker

If you manage it correctly and are just going for aoe damage, you can actually put up some very competitive numbers with necrolock using the Revenant pet. Micromanaging the pet can keep necrosis on all the targets without using any of your own GCDs, and the pets DD attacks hit reasonably hard as well.

EDIT: Just noticed you said aside from Revenent =/ So yeah it's pretty much grave rot -> dark touch -> radiate death -> Devouring Shadows
    Last edited by 7orus; 08-12-2011 at 06:45 AM.

Yeah you can barely stopcast Firestorm, you could ask your neighbourhood Archon to feed you mental flares on cooldown and chug mana tonics like a madman, but it's still hard

I didn't even use the Revenant on those fights, I prolly should next time.. but the massive error spam you get when you've macro'd your spells with zealot-attacks makes it annoying.. wish they changed that

lgw

Going 33/33 WL/Nec for improved Revenant let's you put some very decent numbers, while maintaining high ST potential.
    But even the new 38/28 is quite good. I hit ~2.4k on Matron last week, being on only her for all time and just AOEing when the small adds joined the fight. (Full T3 using Powerstone and P6 Synergy Crystal.)

Having made up my mind yet that to use for raiding - well, at least pre WL-4 SC that is.
    ... aka schoklat. PVP nerd - gaming vet.
    First of slackers, herder of trolls.
    Wildstar PVP inc

Quote Originally Posted by lgw View Post
    Going 33/33 WL/Nec for improved Revenant let's you put some very decent numbers, while maintaining high ST potential.
    But even the new 38/28 is quite good. I hit ~2.4k on Matron last week, being on only her for all time and just AOEing when the small adds joined the fight. (Full T3 using Powerstone and P6 Synergy Crystal.)

Having made up my mind yet that to use for raiding - well, at least pre WL-4 SC that is.
    But how do you handle the buttons you use, being all macro'd to Zealot Abilities? If you use the Revenant with the same abilities you get 3 lines of spam for everytime you use a spell..

Ascendant

pyro/ele also has internalize charge.. you can have charge running until the 1st tick then toggle off and let firestorm do 3 ticks for less mana cost.

really at 1500+ spell power pyro/ele aoe hits much better than necro/lock. can't wait to get my synergy crystal.

lgw

Quote Originally Posted by Pendu View Post
    But how do you handle the buttons you use, being all macro'd to Zealot Abilities? If you use the Revenant with the same abilities you get 3 lines of spam for everytime you use a spell..
    Do what I do anyway for Necro/Lock... put all pet-spam-attacks on a seperate in their own macro, and just mash that button in between your regular casts. A G19 oder genetic resistance to carpal tunnel does help as well...
    ... aka schoklat. PVP nerd - gaming vet.
    First of slackers, herder of trolls.
    Wildstar PVP inc

Telaran

does #suppressmacrofailures not work?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast