+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 51 cabalist in PvP (bandwagon fun spec help)

Rift Disciple

Default 51 cabalist in PvP (bandwagon fun spec help)

I have been playing Warlock lately as I like a death-based caster class but I have been hearing all this about the Cabalist. With all their tools and the AoE I want to try it out and see if I like it....I have tried Inquisitor and just did not like it overly much.

Any of you warlocks tried out Cabalist and like it more/less?
    Last edited by Dkrewe; 08-11-2011 at 08:50 PM.

ah, warlock = mage. cabalist = cleric.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by dkrewe View Post
    i have been playing warlock lately as i like a death-based caster class but i have been hearing all this about the cabalist. With all their tools and the aoe i want to try it out and see if i like it....i have tried inquisitor and just did not like it overly much.

Any of you warlocks tried out cabalist and like it more/less?

best

Soulwalker

First Cabalist is a cleric class, but I assume you knew that already (And in that cas you should have ask in the cleric forum).

I tried the cabalist, it is a pure AOE soul. From my own experience, the new gameplay which came from the last patch changed the mechanics of it and well, It felt pretty awkward in my opinion. Some previous important abilities seems to have lost their purpose.

You have a resource called "decay" which builds up every seconds and stack to 3, which is used on big cooldown attacks. Each stack adds damage to the ability when consumed.

For the spells in themselves, it's pretty much bolts/dots/aoe damage, nothing particulary original. It's main drawback comes from the fact that it is a cleric class. A warlock can combine with 7 other souls to complement it's weakness, but a Cabalist has a few choices, since 3 cleric souls are for healing, 3 are for melee, and 2 for ranged dps.

Personally, I found it pretty boring (based on my own experience, some may find it attractive). I enjoyed the inquisitor far more (the other ranged dps cleric, with a mix of life and death spells)

Soulwalker

Oh I forgot to say that this new 1.4 cabalist is a bit overpowered thanks to this new mechanic, being able to spam their biggest instant aoe every 3 sec.

Rift Disciple

of course I know it's a cleric soul. However, if I am going to get the input of someone who has also played Warlock for comparison sake, why would I ask anywhere but the mage forums?

thanks for the feedback for the one person who shared their experiences.

Plane Touched

I am currently leveling a Cab as a Cleric alt. Cab is extremely AoE centric. Its level 1 spammable nuke is an AoE. The single target spells are a couple DoTs, a long cooldown Decay burst and an interruptable channel that never gets all its ticks off.

However the AoE is off the charts and easy to use. Cab actually does more AoE damage the more targets it has up to the decay target cap. Unhindered I suspect Cab may the best AoE soul for most situations.

Compared to a Necrolock solo it doesn't feel as safe. While it is easy to pick up heals as a Cleric it just isn't the same as having Soul Purge and Mortality available. Plus I occasionally miss my Zealot.
    People use the words "casual" and "bad" interchangeably, when in reality we should not. A casual player in an mmo is someone who plays the game but due to outside events cannot play it for long periods of time. A bad is a player who stands in the fire, ignores boss mechanics, complains about the former, makes nonsensical statements, wants to be pandered to, and all around tanks most mmos.

Its like if I pay to take a college course that I know is supposed to be hard and instead of taking it, I complain and bother the professors that it is to hard. I dont study, I dont practice, I just complain. After all I am paying for the course so I should get an A+.

I have not see mmos go harder only easier. I dont think for a second that trion is "pandering to the casuals that ruin our games", no I think it is that trion is making mistakes and feels that the bads who play their game for 3 months and leave are worth more than those who play for the entirety of its life.

-Robertosaget

Rift Disciple

I got both a cleric and mage (p2 and p6) and both the cab and warlock have there ups and downs.

alot of ppl say that cab isnt good 1v1 but in my experiance it does fine. but its area of expertise is aoe, expect to drop 4/5 ppl in 3 globals with a high pr cab.

compared to the warlock it smashes it in aoe burst but survivability wise the warlock is better. so really depends on what your hoping to achieve whether you are solo dominating 1v1 with decent aoe or prefer to play in the back line blowing **** up.
    Addiction
    Prestige 6 Warrior - Tejay - Defiant - Spec
    Prestige 6 Mage - Mater - Defiant - Spec
    Prestige 3 Rogue - Fruitsalad - Defiant - Spec
    Prestige 2 Cleric - Barbrastreisand - Guardian - Spec

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Dkrewe View Post
    of course I know it's a cleric soul. However, if I am going to get the input of someone who has also played Warlock for comparison sake, why would I ask anywhere but the mage forums?

thanks for the feedback for the one person who shared their experiences.
    This post ruined it.

Here I thought your OP was witty and dripping in satire. Oh well.

+ Reply to Thread