+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Advice on 20's and beyond PvP Build

Soulwalker

Default Advice on 20's and beyond PvP Build

Hi there,

I played the first three weeks of Rift but ended up not subscribing. I am giving it another shot now, and I'm enjoying playing a mage so far.

I am currently level 25 and I am trying to find a soul configuration that gives me the most amount of survivability in PvP (Warfronts only). I don't mind healing, I don't mind damaging, and I have no problem not being the best at either if the sacrifice allows me to stay in the fight longer. Currently I run either a necro/lock or lock/dom but I just don't enjoy the mechanics of the builds in PvP.

Would anyone happen to have a spec they've used or know of that they would be willing to provide me with?

I really appreciate any help.

Thanks

Telaran

Hmm, well if you want survivability, healing with some damage then you might like the Chlorolock.

This is a 50 build but many of the mechanics are the same.

http://bluedots.org/2011/07/08/1-3-pvp-chlorolock/

Great site at any rate. So look around a bit.

Soulwalker

Thank you. I've been doing some research while waiting for a response and have been looking at chloro/dom and saw the link in this forum for the chloro/lock. I think a chloro variant will definitely be what I'm looking for.

I realize this may end up being a loaded question but do you have an opinion on whether chlor/dom or chlor/lock is better at lower levels for PvP?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by jmo195 View Post
    Thank you. I've been doing some research while waiting for a response and have been looking at chloro/dom and saw the link in this forum for the chloro/lock. I think a chloro variant will definitely be what I'm looking for.

I realize this may end up being a loaded question but do you have an opinion on whether chlor/dom or chlor/lock is better at lower levels for PvP?
    i would have to say chloro/lock is better at lower lvls as alot of the essential dom skills are higher up in the tree. honestly i did really great as necro/lock in the low bracket. soul purge outheals alot of damage u may take and it does great damage.

Soulwalker

Ran a chloro/lock build most of today and it worked well. I topped the damage and healing charts 90% of the time and died infrequently (mass mobbing always resulted in death). I also modified my necro/lock build and had good survivability with that as well.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm at 29 now and recommend chloro/lock or necro/lock for early level PvP.

+ Reply to Thread