+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Neddra's torture is so useless

Default Neddra's torture is so useless

This curse is supposed to increase damage by 3% for 20 seconds, and it has 20 seconds cooldown. However it never stay longer that 6 seconds on bosses, and most of the fights warlocks do without it.

Rift Disciple

Hmmm, what could possibly cause a debuff cast by several people to vanish from my own debuffs window.......
    Last edited by nhdjoseywales; 08-11-2011 at 09:58 AM.

It's cleansable and does not stack. What were your expectations?
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Just like Radiant Spores, coordinate who puts it up so you don't overwrite each others'. It's actually really good as a dmg buff if you do so.

personally i'm more irritated by defile apparently not stacking. I see it disappear from rift mobs all the time when i'm out doing invasions and there's other necrolocks around...
    Erymi, Zalfiqar, Veirah, Imyre
    Mage, Rogue, Cleric, Warrior
    Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Coxswain View Post
    personally i'm more irritated by defile apparently not stacking. I see it disappear from rift mobs all the time when i'm out doing invasions and there's other necrolocks around...
    Are you sure you aren't simply running out of charge? Defile not stacking would be very bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hethroin View Post
    It's cleansable and does not stack. What were your expectations?
    Hmm... Does it says somewhere in the spell description that only one warlock in the raid can put it on the target? I read the description several times to find the possible reason, but I don't remember to find that..

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by incaman View Post
    Hmm... Does it says somewhere in the spell description that only one warlock in the raid can put it on the target? I read the description several times to find the possible reason, but I don't remember to find that..
    If Trion was forced to write the obvious in each spell description, the windows would take the whole screen.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by incaman View Post
    This is far from the only case where the same or similar debuffs or buffs don't stack in this game. I find it hard to believe you have yet to encounter even one of the many circumstances this happens.
    People use the words "casual" and "bad" interchangeably, when in reality we should not. A casual player in an mmo is someone who plays the game but due to outside events cannot play it for long periods of time. A bad is a player who stands in the fire, ignores boss mechanics, complains about the former, makes nonsensical statements, wants to be pandered to, and all around tanks most mmos.

Its like if I pay to take a college course that I know is supposed to be hard and instead of taking it, I complain and bother the professors that it is to hard. I dont study, I dont practice, I just complain. After all I am paying for the course so I should get an A+.

I have not see mmos go harder only easier. I dont think for a second that trion is "pandering to the casuals that ruin our games", no I think it is that trion is making mistakes and feels that the bads who play their game for 3 months and leave are worth more than those who play for the entirety of its life.

-Robertosaget

Prophet of Telara

It's only useless because, unlike other debuffs, it lives in a slot shared by superior debuffs.

with all the dispells and magic immunity abilitys in this game neddra's torture could be retooled...

whereas if active on a target, magical immunity effects cannot be used..

and then put NT deeper in the lock tree so not every fgt can spec to it

why should melee have multple anti-caster builds VK, nightblade, infiltrator etc

but mages have no anti melee abilites..

how many times can i blowna mass fear or dark fury right as a rogue uses cleanse soul or blackout

how many times have i finaly gotten all my friggan dots on a vk just to see them dissapear

oh and we WEAR CLOTH, what else does melee need against us

at 1069 valor i still take a **** ton of dmg from any rogue or warrior r4 gear and up

Ascendant

unlike basically every other damage increaser, neddras torture deals damage.

Thus unlike every other damage increaser, it needs to be a special case where the % damage doesnt stack BUT the damage portion can still occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranjitham View Post
    If Trion was forced to write the obvious in each spell description, the windows would take the whole screen.
    And who said that it is obvious?

This is obvous: Curse of the Elements - Curses the target for 5 min, reducing Arcane, Fire, Frost, Nature, and Shadow resistances by 183 and increasing magic damage taken by 8%. Only one Curse per Warlock can be active on any one target.

What Trion do isn't obvious, but rather a lack of information. I am not sure now if we have to trust every spell description - they all obviously work different...

+ Reply to Thread