+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to the mage class need help with my lowbie please.

Champion of Telara

Default New to the mage class need help with my lowbie please.

Currently lvl 15 and wanting to dps in instances can any one give me a solid build and spell rotation please. And or a good support build?

Thank you.

Rift Disciple

I am partial to the Pyromancer so I will give you my take on that. I am sure you get other opinions and I recommend you take all you get and try them out.

Since you are lvl 15, you have 20 soul points so i would recommnd this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zIvz.tc0c..V

The 5 in Archon is to give you the 5% damamge add to all fire spells. It also gives you the Pillaging Stone Buff. From a rotation standpoint, at lvl 15, there really is no huge rotation but with this build I would

Flame Bolt -> Countdown -> Fireball until both finish cooldown, repeat. If you are in a tank and spank fight, use Ground of Power to get the 10% extra damage. Somehow work in Pillaging Stone until you get your 5 stacks then work it in every 5 minutes to keep your buff up. If you have time, cast Searing Vitality to give you the Endurance bonus but only if you have time. You could macro a few of the instants and hit them every 8-10 seconds during a fight but there are as many pros as cons to that andis more of a personal preference.

With this build going forward, you can do quite a bit of damage at higher levels. I run this currently and it works for how I play: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...ezusuto.xx.V0j

Hopefully this helps you out!

Rift Disciple

I forgot also, with this build, you want to cast Fire Armor and Ashen Defense to give you an added fire damage bonus as well as armor. Both last 1 hour and only need refreshed after an hour or after you die.

+ Reply to Thread