+ Reply to Thread

Thread: my archon spec

Shadowlander

Default my archon spec

I Posted this in a different thread then realized it should probably be in the mage discussion portion so..... i posted it again lol. anyways here you go.

I dont have an actual parse with me using this but I have hit over 1k dps on plut with this and on dummies NP

I think this spec maxes my archon dps while keeping all archon buffs up approximately the same amount of time as just spamming a macro with the buffs. This spec and rotation does make me squishy though. And in HK thats not good.

The spec: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...ResRfiqkrz.t0h
    Macro #1
    cast Surging Flare
    cast Volcanic Bomb
    cast Earthen Barrage
    cast Pillaging Stone

Macro #2
    #show Stream of Reclamation
    cast stream of Reclamation
    stopcasting

I guess there are a few others but they are not horribly important.

The rotation I am doing now (assuming that you have dueled prior to the start of the fight and have all your personal buffs up, i.e. rock slide, pillaging stone ect..) is :

Crumbling Resistance ->Ashen Defense -> Lingering Dust ->spam Macro #1 until your full charge->

When you are at full charge:

Power Drain - Entropic Veil - Withering Vine - Macro #1 - Leeching Flames(if its not on cool down) - Searing Vitality spam Macro #1 until your full charge

When its time to cast Flaring power:

Waning Power - Flaring Power - Power Drain - Entropic Veil - Withering Vine - Macro #1 - Leeching Flames- TURN OFF Power Drain - TURN OFF Entropic Veil Macro #2 Macro #2 Spam Macro #1

That part can be a little risky so until you get used to it I would skip using macro#1 and just get leeching flames up during flaring power.

any input you all want to give on this would be nice.

Prophet of Telara

My honest reaction was that I could not believe voodoo's archon is running such a garbage spec.

1) EV doesn't stack with volcanic bomb.
    2) There's no way you're keeping 100% uptime on your buffs.
    3) SoR? Really?
    4) Not using LF on CD.
    5) Macro terribly out of order.

http://i51.tinypic.com/16apk41.jpg

This is a self-buffed 6pyro/9dom dummy parse. I've spent enough time trying gimmick chloro specs to know they won't even come close.

From a theorycrafting perspective, archon is a dead field. It's 100% figured out. Stop trying to be different.
    Last edited by Kazzin; 08-11-2011 at 05:25 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzin View Post
    1) EV doesn't stack with volcanic bomb.
    2) There's no way you're keeping 100% uptime on your buffs.
    3) SoR? Really?
    4) Not using LF on CD.
    5) Macro terribly out of order.
    wow dude rip my head off....lol. I dont run this in raids, it was just an idea.

1) I know EV does not stack with VB. I guess I was just thinking another 14% damage on my dots and one pillaging stone might help...crucify me more for that. lol

2) yea i am keeping my buffs up just fine.

3) lol whats LF? you mean lingering dust? i guess i didnt spell out to keep up your debuffs up. my bad, i didnt say anything about CR and AD either, but you should use those too.

4) SoR was thrown in there to act as a charge battery. for a GCD i get an instant 50% charge ruffly. thats helpful when you need to keep FP up but you just finished using PD and EV.

5) Yea idk you probably have a point there. maybe

honestly though I cant believe your response was so...yea just makes me sigh.

Champion

If I may make a suggestion? I just took a second role on Tuesday as support (instead of necro/lock), running a 51 Arch/9 Elem/6 Pyro spec.

The spec is from Bluedot, and he just updated all his mage roles to 1.4. It has a larger macro, but just one, and is easy to run in a dungeon/instance.

Good luck.

+ Reply to Thread