+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New calling any ideas for souls?

Soulwalker

Default New calling any ideas for souls?

Trying to create a new calling for my mage anybody have any good ideas of which souls I should use. I'm thinking about kiting+healing so if anyone knows of any good kiting spells I'd like some advice...I need a calling that would be especially good in pvp matches.

They only soul that is good at kiting is Stormcaller with effecient use of Ride the Wind.

You can also go hasted withdrawal from the Archemage soul, but that requires rank 4.

Pyro's have flicker, and it's a really good second break free, but it's on a 20 second cooldown, so it's not really something that can kite.

Honestly, you best bet, if you want to kite, is Stormcaller. Ride the Wind, static barrier, and all of that, except Trion doesn't know how to balance out classes and DR, so Ride the Wind is the only useful ability you can pick up that can effectively kite. However, most other classes have a plethora of ways to close the gap, so even then you'd have to play smart and pray that the guy attacking you isn't on DR.

Stormcaller is also the best soul for roots and snares, but once again... DR.

Sarathor@Byriel Rank 7 Defiant Mage - retired
    Bonqueequee@Byriel Rank 1 Guardian Rogue

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sarathor View Post
    Pyro's have flicker, and it's a really good second break free, but it's on a 20 second cooldown, so it's not really something that can kite.

BTW, the last times I used flicker after a charge of a warrior I was at exactly the same place I was before using it - immediatly in front of the two-handed sword. Is this intended or a bug?

RIFT Community Ambassador bluedot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuu View Post
    BTW, the last times I used flicker after a charge of a warrior I was at exactly the same place I was before using it - immediatly in front of the two-handed sword. Is this intended or a bug?
    Flicker has serious issues with small pebbles. If anything around you is large then a marble your flicker has a high chance of failing.
    As far as I know there is no reliable way of knowing when you can use Flicker successfully beyond personally identifying areas in the terrain that are buggy.

+ Reply to Thread