+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Chlorolock PvP spec.

Plane Touched

Default Chlorolock PvP spec.

I've never really posted my spec, but after playing chlorolock since the beginning of the game, this is the current spec I run. Ive seen so many mages discouraged about PvP, give this build a try and not only will you find it amazingly fun to play, but you will also find you are a huge asset to any warfront.

Build:
    Chlorolock

Macros:
    PvPMain
    Code:
    #show Nature's Fury
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sacrifice Life: Damage
    cast Ruin
    cast Draining Bolt
    cast Nature's Fury
    cast Corrosion
    cast Vile Spores
    cast Dark Fury
    cast Dark Touch
    Spores
    Code:
    #show Radiant Spores
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Radiant Spores
    cast Stream of Reclamation
    HealSelf
    Code:
    #show Bloom
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @self Bloom
    cast @self Shadow Life
    cast @self Essense Surge
    Mana
    Code:
    #show Living Shell
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Living Shell
    cast Sacrifice Life: Mana
    Brez
    Code:
    #show Natural Conversion
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseover Soul Teather
    cast Natrual Conversion
    cast @self Nature's Cleansing

Corrosion could be taken off the macro if you prefer, but I like to just make sure it's up and running all the time. My bar looks like the following:

1: Macro: Spores
    2: Dark Fury (This is mainly for interrupts)
    3: Devouring Shadows (Tip for a large burst, cast this immediately following a Nature's Fury the damage should hit about the same time)
    4: Macro: PvPMain
    5: Macro: HealSelf
    6: Flourish
    7: Blight
    8: Macro: Mana
    9: Mortality
    0: Wild Growth
    -: Break Free
    =: Macro: Brez

Why 38 pt chloro?
    BLIGHT this spell makes wardens squishy, it's not the best heal debuff out there, but it strips off all of their current hots, and given the state of PvP those guys tend to have large stacks of hots and feel pretty invincible until they get blighted.

Why 26 pt Lock?
    Warlock armor Here is a little trick, once applied this spell seems to maintain the spellpower at the time you cast it, so ALWAYS cast a nature spell prior to casting. Temporary bonuses will persist for the duration of the buff, and Ive seen this bad boy hit for a little over 100 dmg on folks with lesser valor.

This build actually has very good run and gun capability, useful when moving away from too many melee, chasing a flag carrier, or just because your ADD kicked in and you want to run around. Often it will keep applying Dark touch, however once opportunity procs you are shooting off a Nature's Fury which I have had crit consistantly around 1500.

GET ACT... Learn to use triggers, I get a sound played whenever my Warlock armor gets stripped, and I make sure to get that back up asap. It's not too important to worry about maximizing it until you get some down time again. Just get it back on.

I cant even count the number of times I've had a warrior or rogue kill themselves on my Warlock armor/Corrosion without me even targeting them.

Bloodthirsty: If your guild does not have this, find a new guild.

When groups first engage my opener generally consists of spores, SoR (huge charge boost), Wild growth, then either spam my macro or devouring shadows depending on how grouped the enemy is and how much healing my team needs.

When I'm surrounded first option is mortality, basically anything near you is going to need serious heals to stay alive between WA, Corrosion, and Mortality.

If mortality is down, Spores everyone around you and then devouring shadows. Right now my shadows crits consistently for 1k+, so that's some good healing with spores procs. If played right and with the right gear there is nothing that can kill you 1v1.

As you play you will realize the counters to specific moves, like splits from a dom: run in and mortality, or spores and devouring shadows them.
    Mesk
    [Lunchbox Bandits]

very useful, cheers.

Plane Touched

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...q.b.EdIhmN0zRo

Sorry I made a mistake on the original build, and forgot to include shadow life.
    Mesk
    [Lunchbox Bandits]

Have you tried Chloro/Dominator? There's a guy on my server that was practically indestructible before the nerfs.

Plane Touched

interesting, i may try this. thanks

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by InferiOmega View Post
    Have you tried Chloro/Dominator? There's a guy on my server that was practically indestructible before the nerfs.
    Ive dabbled, but by no means an expert, I have encountered chlorodoms, and never once lost an encounter to one. I have never died to less than three people focusing me, and those three people need to be geared and have a good healer.
    Mesk
    [Lunchbox Bandits]

proves the statement win=skill, but its undeniable that you do need solid gear regardless.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Slaybreed View Post
    proves the statement win=skill, but its undeniable that you do need solid gear regardless.
    Oh I wont even pretend to say the difference between a r2 mage and a r6 mage is night and day. With the last patch introducing r7 and r8, and burning powerstones I went from being OP to just plain unfair.

As far as gear goes, aside from PvP gear I use the following:
    ShoE, Greater Essense Hailstone tideshard(?) water RR shield, and Frozen Deep one tear (inscribed greater) , right now I use the wand of excess which I will replace with the r8 wand here in a day or 2.

Gear makes a huge difference, not only do you gain a ton of HP with gear upgrades, both your damage and healing is increased with spellpower. Honestly this is one of the better specs as far as scaling with gear if not for the HP bonus alone, it's rare to enter a WF for me and see anyone else with more HP than me. Which self buffed is currently 8k.

With a good opportunity proc, this build will put out 700(ruin) 1k(draining) 1.5k(NF) + ruin ticks in a matter of 2 GCD. With the majority of players running around with between 4k and 5k health, you have nearly killed them in 3 seconds, now toss a devouring shadows on them and watch them try to run away and die...
    Last edited by Mesk; 08-10-2011 at 12:50 PM.
    Mesk
    [Lunchbox Bandits]

jzm
    Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Mesk View Post
    With a good opportunity proc, this build will put out 700(ruin) 1k(draining) 1.5k(NF) + ruin ticks in a matter of 2 GCD. With the majority of players running around with between 4k and 5k health, you have nearly killed them in 3 seconds, now toss a devouring shadows on them and watch them try to run away and die...
    you bastard....

If you are a mage just starting PvP then this is the build to try. Apart from contributing a lot to your side despite being undergeared you will be a lot less squishy.
    Anduri - Gelidra
    United Kingdoms

Rift Disciple

veeeeeeeery similar to bluedots spec except for suttle changes and he explains a bit better. Nice work but already done.

Rift Chaser

Not sure you have been fighting competent Chloro/Doms... they can cleanse/reflect/outheal all your DPS, keep you heal debuffed and heavily cursed through haunting pain abuse, drain all your mana, and knock you back and interrupted when the shades come out.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ashenne View Post
    Not sure you have been fighting competent Chloro/Doms... they can cleanse/reflect/outheal all your DPS, keep you heal debuffed and heavily cursed through haunting pain abuse, drain all your mana, and knock you back and interrupted when the shades come out.
    I've heard it before and I have already stated I will gladly duel any "competent" chloro/dom, I guess the ones that stepped up and lost are not "competent". Its easy to theory craft all day, and say on paper how much a chloro/dom owns a chlorolock, but put it to practice.
    Mesk
    [Lunchbox Bandits]

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkhon View Post
    veeeeeeeery similar to bluedots spec except for suttle changes and he explains a bit better. Nice work but already done.
    I don't know if it's that similar, 38/26/2 is not really 32/29/5, for one reason BLIGHT. While I am not saying Blue's build is not capable of putting up the numbers or not a valid build... this is my build, and anyone on my server or shard can attest that it's a beast. I posted this only because so many mages are complaining about being warrior fodder, and not being on par in PvP, while I'm running around clearly OP.
    Mesk
    [Lunchbox Bandits]

As a R4 Mage who's been playing either 44/16/5 Lock/Necro/AM or ChloroLock all the way through PvP up until now, I'm intruiged by your build, as when deciding what to use as my ChloroLock I was sorely tempted by Blight, knowing how effective a heal debuff is from using Necro in my other build.

In the end after using the 32/29/5 ChloroLock I adjusted it to 32Chloro/31Lock/3AM, dropping 4% damage and Detaunt for Neddra's Essence, allowing me to hold off large numbers of people for a few more seconds if I needed to desperately wait for reinforcements, or survive under focus fire so the DPS could go to work.

My main concern about switching to your build before at a higher valor level (currently around 17% mitigation) is that I'll lose a lot to warriors and rogues whom I need to use Neddra's Essence to survive against quite a lot at present, since the heal debuff and Radiant Spores you gain from going 38 Chloro isn't gonna push my survivability against a well geared melee class up as much as Neddra's Essence is.

So basically, I guess my question is - is there anyway this build is gonna be better for my survivability in pugs than one with Neddra's Essence until I get to a higher gear level (when I most certainly will try it out) and can thus survive more without it? Since personally I can't see it being better than having the 80% dmg reduction talent for someone fairly new to PvP, what rank (roughly) would you think this gives better survivability at? Or is there any advice you could give lesser-geared peeps to help survive a macrobashing warrior's attack?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast