+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pyro/Ele AOE Rotation

Rift Disciple

Default Pyro/Ele AOE Rotation

So...in another thread my suspicion that SC/ELE was still not worth the trouble (go there to discuss that point) and that you don't get too big a loss from Pyro/Ele.

If you're doing a full Pyro AOE rotation...what rotation do you use, specifically?

Quote Originally Posted by ecodragon View Post
    so...in another thread my suspicion that sc/ele was still not worth the trouble (go there to discuss that point) and that you don't get too big a loss from pyro/ele.

If you're doing a full pyro aoe rotation...what rotation do you use, specifically?
    firestorm!!!1!1
    Last edited by Kanzer; 08-10-2011 at 10:46 AM.

Ascendant

stopcasting
    cast Firestorm

That's all you need.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

what i do is set up Burning ground while the tank is rounding crap up, then get down with firestorm. the trick is to get the 2nd tick of firestorm off, then move just a tiny bit making sure to stay in your Ground, and then recast firestorm asap to double up on the ticks (ticks will hit like this -> 1st tick, 2nd tick, slight movement, 1st tick, 2nd tick, slight movement, etc). note that this does chew through your mana, but if you can afford it, use it. otherwise, just tear it up with firestorm and let it channel.
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

...Really? Firestorm....firestorm...firestorm

Second, Pyro is better AOE than SC/ELE, but you lose so much mana so in a long fight, it's not worth using. If your going in to a boss fight with intentions of aoeing the entire fight, stick with sc/ele. Keep up hypothermia and alternate forked lightning and lightning field. I know its not the best rotation, but it is competitive and simple.

Well, it's a bit more complicated than that, taking into consideration CD usage. (Intensify elements + internalize charge. Possibly resetting IE with heatwave.) You may or may not want to use these for aoe if you think you'll need them for single target. Depends on the fight.

Also, tossing out a burning ground in between each firestorm I'm pretty sure is a dps increase.

Finally, I'm rather fond of backdraft for add control.
    Last edited by Flaviusx; 08-10-2011 at 10:56 AM.

Shadowlander

I recommend using Flamebolt for the 10% increased fire dmg. Your AOE should be hitting for like 1700-1900

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rotar View Post
    I recommend using Flamebolt for the 10% increased fire dmg. Your AOE should be hitting for like 1700-1900
    Loss of a GCD seems to lower the dps. I thought it'd be worth it too, but with a 1.5s GCD, plus the actual pressing the buttons and putting the firestorm down (you cant q it with the Flamebolt eating the GCD, like you can while waiting on the firestorm to finish), which adds another 0.3s or so of physical movement, you end up getting less casts of firestorm off as quickly in some fights. If anything, just cast it once as the last item to build 100 charge at the start of a pull, and during it's GCD cast IE + IC. With IE and IC up my firestorms are hitting for about 2.9k crit in raid settings.

Rift Disciple

Thanks for clearing it up folks.

2k dps on GSB's first boss (Duke). They ability to do solid single target AND AoE...that makes pyro my new Go-To spec.

Thanks for recommending the stopcasting macro...that's huge. I get it now.

[Firestorm once to build up charge, then pop intensify elements/internal charge then firestorm. Toggle off int charge right after you cast firestorm cause its added to initial cast and stays applied on the whole time channeled(boom big crits). You can get 2 full firestorms out of a intensify then pop heat wave to reset cooldown on intesify, aoe once with firestorm to gain charge then pop int charge firestorm for big numbers again

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    Loss of a GCD seems to lower the dps. I thought it'd be worth it too, but with a 1.5s GCD, plus the actual pressing the buttons and putting the firestorm down (you cant q it with the Flamebolt eating the GCD, like you can while waiting on the firestorm to finish), which adds another 0.3s or so of physical movement, you end up getting less casts of firestorm off as quickly in some fights. If anything, just cast it once as the last item to build 100 charge at the start of a pull, and during it's GCD cast IE + IC. With IE and IC up my firestorms are hitting for about 2.9k crit in raid settings.
    My best with all procs and cooldowns atm is 3510 crits...

Would going 10/11 into Archon for Exhilaration and perhaps Leeching Flames be a solid option to allow you to maintain mana during this incredibly mana intensive on/off refreshing of Firestorm? Unsure of this type of build since I mostly use Lock stuff, but if you wanted to do a Firestorm based AOE build, it seems like you could perhaps try this out to minimise the time between tics of your AOE.

Quote Originally Posted by Benlisted View Post
    Would going 10/11 into Archon for Exhilaration and perhaps Leeching Flames be a solid option to allow you to maintain mana during this incredibly mana intensive on/off refreshing of Firestorm? Unsure of this type of build since I mostly use Lock stuff, but if you wanted to do a Firestorm based AOE build, it seems like you could perhaps try this out to minimise the time between tics of your AOE.
    I suppose you could do this if you were sure the fight was primarily about aoe; but your single target damage will take a substantial hit. If a fight had both single target and aoe elements, the net result of this might be negative compared to a pyro build with 32 in ele and pots.

Right now in RoS/GSB BiS stuff mana is very tight on just a handful of fights. (Like Matron.) I'm pretty sure that once you get into more HK gear, the margin will increase.

And you can always bribe your local friendly archon to give you some loving.

So mostly this build doesn't seem worth the trouble.

+ Reply to Thread