+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Incompetence on melees?

Telaran

Default Incompetence on melees?

I've recently read a few posts suggesting using Incompetence on melees. Is the tooltip misleading or am I missing something?

"causing damage done by their abilities to heal up to 5 of the Mage's group or raid members, within 15 meters, for 61 to 65 health"
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Rift Chaser

While the healing debuff part of the spell doesn't make sense, the second part does. The idea is that everything they do will create an AOE heal on YOUR allies within 15 meters. On a ranged attacker/caster, they may be outside this range; thus no heals. On a melee character, it's guaranteed that when they use an ability, at least one of your allies will receive the heal.

Telaran

Oh wow, if nothing else, inquiring about it has made me notice I'm still sitting at rank1 hehe. Mine said 39-41 health. Still, is 61-65 going to do anything? Is spellpower added in also?

I don't mean to be argumentative. I just heard a bunch of complaining about the Transference nerf and it was suggested this skill in conjunction with Traiterous Influence would somehow compensate. What I'm saying is I fully intend to implement the skill now, I just wonder how much this skill itself played a part.

Honestly I've made an error in overlooking a skill. I completely discounted the healing portion as that just seemed like peanuts when I consider a few points of healing over the thousands I'm taking. Is this icing on the top? gamebreaking? somewhere in between?

RIFT Community Ambassador bluedot's Avatar

I was under the impression melee always had this debuff.

:P

Telaran

wtf kinda smartass crap is that?

Soulwalker

^^ think about it a little more. had a good chuckle at that one, but if it has to be explained it won't be as funny.

Telaran

You can have a chuckle at my expense I don't care. But I came here for help. I get the little play on words but didn't at first. It caught me offguard as I wasnt expecting wit so much as a direct answer from someone who knows. Then I come to find that a real pro thought enough to stop by to make a crack at another calling but not enough to offer any assistance to his own. Haha melees are dummies! now answer the farkin question!

Tooltips are horrible if you take them literally and I don't want to have to assume anything or read between the lines. PvP happens so quickly I often don't have time to notice everything that's going on. If someone knows exactly what's happening, when to use it and why, that would be very helpful.

RIFT Community Ambassador bluedot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rizipt View Post
    You can have a chuckle at my expense I don't care. But I came here for help. I get the little play on words but didn't at first. It caught me offguard as I wasnt expecting wit so much as a direct answer from someone who knows. Then I come to find that a real pro thought enough to stop by to make a crack at another calling but not enough to offer any assistance to his own. Haha melees are dummies! now answer the farkin question!

Tooltips are horrible if you take them literally and I don't want to have to assume anything or read between the lines. PvP happens so quickly I often don't have time to notice everything that's going on. If someone knows exactly what's happening, when to use it and why, that would be very helpful.
    I thought the question had been answered.. You put it on melee cause it heals.
    Last edited by bluedot; 08-11-2011 at 12:18 AM.

Soulwalker

I don't think it stacks with melee's innate... aw crap, too late.

Telaran

If I throw this on a melee in a 1v1 encounter and he ends up hitting me for 1.5k because I used the time to throw a healing debuff on him (which he doesn't have) in order to get 65 health back?!? Do you see what I'm asking? When is this good to use? Do I need multiple friendlies nearby for this to do any good with melees?

Or do you just throw it at melees because it's an availbable skill and 65 health returned is better than nothing and you don't see any healer types around?

Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post

I see what you did there!

Quote Originally Posted by Rizipt View Post
    If I throw this on a melee in a 1v1 encounter and he ends up hitting me for 1.5k because I used the time to throw a healing debuff on him (which he doesn't have) in order to get 65 health back?!? Do you see what I'm asking? When is this good to use? Do I need multiple friendlies nearby for this to do any good with melees?

Or do you just throw it at melees because it's an availbable skill and 65 health returned is better than nothing and you don't see any healer types around?
    I think you just answered your own question, a lot of times, mainly in 1v1 situations, wasting your GCD on it will be bad, but not always. On the other hand it's great to throw it on that warrior or rogue that you know it's gonna last a while during a group fight.

Also it's double good on hybrid clerics or hybrid casters in general that damage and heal.
    Your (not so)friendly neighborhood Mage

Telaran

Well if I propose a few things and happen to be right on one of them, that's not exactly answering my own question, but you went a good ways. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post

Thank you for the laugh
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast