+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mages@PVP_SERVER

Rift Disciple

Default Mages@PVP_SERVER

Hello.

There is hundred pages whine about how bad Mage PVP DPS is atm ( especially burst damage ) and seems Trion not want give our burst damage back...reason: others classes start whine again if they get one shot.

Well most OP class aka Warriors don't have one shot burst damage but all insta attacks & procs can kill player like 2-5sec... so no one can whine about one shot....lol and Trion say's Warriors are FINE...

If Warriors are FINE that way, Trion it's FINE also make Mage global cooldown 1,5 sec --> to --> 0,5sec or 0sec and our DPS spells casting time MAX one second right ? at least I'm not see anything wrong about it...mages still have cloth armor... if we have also most worst DPS in PVP, whats is purpose about Mage class in RIFT PVP server???

PS. is Trion even noticed there is many WF's fight where cannot see single mage in team?

Quote Originally Posted by Breward View Post
    PS. is Trion even noticed there is many WF's fight where cannot see single mage in team?
    That's because we're free favor. The only reason I even do it at all is because the r7/8 PvP gear is better than T3 gear (and focus never comes on certain slots anyway), and the PvP Synergy Crystal is vastly superior to the Chloromancer one from Hammerknell (which I won't be in any time soon anyway). However, I mostly just do the dailies (on my PvE server where it's safe) and PvP rifts (on my PvE server where there's little to no risk of it being interrupted). There's only so long that I can tolerate dying whenever a Warrior or Rogue looks at me funny.

loving how mages are treated as the black sheep by its own parents. (devs)
    way to go!

Rift Disciple

Don't worry guys, it'll come back, and you'll be dominating WF like you did with Pyro.

Just let warriors having the fun for now, the wheel will keep turning.

It's cute when bad players try to blame their class.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblabe View Post
    Don't worry guys, it'll come back, and you'll be dominating WF like you did with Pyro.
    LoL Pyro. With DR on cc and lock out on insta cast nukes, they didn't need to clobber pyro. The setup time was a heck of alot more involved then what warriors currently have to do. I don't always consider warriors a face roll but does any class get more out of healing than warrior? Funneling heals on a Mage is a waste of global cool downs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarokima View Post
    That's because we're free favor.
    So true. So true.

Soulwalker

/bump this is way beyond the 'l2p mages!' bs mages are gimped big time in pvp.....

Plane Touched

Please pick a warrior, or a cleric and go play it. Mages are far from gimped in PvP. They require a bit more finesse than spamming 1-2 buttons, but they are easily one of the best pvp classes there is. if specced and played right. I'm currently r7 with 8k hp, 1050 valor, and 1500+ sp, I have a chlorolock build that has yet to encounter anything that can kill it 1v1, and often times tanks and kills 3+ melee in warfronts.

Adjust your play style, and I'll tell you a little secret... warlock armor + corrosion really makes a melee think twice about being anywhere near you and hitting you.
    Mesk
    [Lunchbox Bandits]

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mesk View Post
    I'll tell you a little secret... warlock armor + corrosion really makes a melee think twice about being anywhere near you and hitting you.
    This isn't a secret I have seen all too well the melee back away until corrosion is on cd and its dead mage. Yeah I use this but it only works for so long. Yeah I play a chlorolock as well and do pretty well with it.

Hello.

There is hundred pages whine about how bad Mage PVP DPS is atm ( especially burst damage ) and seems Trion not want give our burst damage back...reason: others classes start whine again if they get one shot.

Well most OP class aka Warriors don't have one shot burst damage but all insta attacks & procs can kill player like 2-5sec... so no one can whine about one shot....lol and Trion say's Warriors are FINE...

If Warriors are FINE that way, Trion it's FINE also make Mage global cooldown 1,5 sec --> to --> 0,5sec or 0sec and our DPS spells casting time MAX one second right ? at least I'm not see anything wrong about it...mages still have cloth armor... if we have also most worst DPS in PVP, whats is purpose about Mage class in RIFT PVP server???
    I play a Warlock toon off and on and although I love the feel of the Lock/Necro combo it is a lot of work at times dotting up and burning other players down before you get hammered.

Stuns that don't break on dmg are what I love, be nice if my AoE fear didn't break on dmg LOL!

I'm guessing Trion doesn't want mages to dominate dmg and their game to get the Bright Wizard stigma about it. Notice as SOON as pyro (fire, hint, hint Bright Wizard...) started owning players in PvP the FLOOD gates opened from ppl crying about it.

Warhammer PvP was ruined because of their class imbalance and Bright Wizards owned the game at times, seems like the failures of the past still echo today, or am I just seeing something that isn't there?
    Last edited by Morguloth; 08-10-2011 at 11:54 AM.

If I was a mage on a pvp server, I wouldn't step outside of non-contested areas. Ouch...

Hello.

Warriors being fine to me says that Warrior balance is the watermark to which other classes will be pared in terms of balancing. The idea isn't to nerf Warriors but to buff everything else until they're roughly equal to Warriors.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    It's cute when bad players try to blame their class.
    yeah you are cute...at best.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by InferiOmega View Post
    Warriors being fine to me says that Warrior balance is the watermark to which other classes will be pared in terms of balancing. The idea isn't to nerf Warriors but to buff everything else until they're roughly equal to Warriors.
    i could live with that. but something needs to be done.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast